• San Antonio in 7

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
RE: NBA Finals: Miami vs. San Antonio

^ No question about that. When you look at the Spurs roster you certainly don't picture them as being the best offensive team in the league. And it's one thing Cali is slow to accept. The Spurs play perfectly as a team and the result is the team with by far the best player in the series is getting smoked.

Murat Baslamisli

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
www.drummershangout.ca

Yes basketball is about superstars but Pop always shows you coaching matters. That has been my problem with OKC all along. He makes a guy like Diaw or Splitter look like a star, it would be scary to think how good he would make guys like Ibaka and Sefalosho look if he was there.

Correspondent Kiu

Correspondent
Reactions

Ahhhh, this seems to be done!
One more game and the heat dynasty stops!

The world champs better not lose this in 5

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions

^ I don't think 2 rings is a dynasty. I don't see a scenario where this game is even close tonight. You don't go from being blown out in 2 straight home games to winning a road game.

Correspondent Kiu

Correspondent
Reactions

But then 3 rings in a row would be a short dynasty.

But it seems these 3 future hall of famers have it in hand.
140602204717-tony-parker-tim-duncan-manu-ginobili-060214.home-t6.jpg

but Dart, I wouldn't be surprised if Miami blows out San Antonio tonight!

left_finals_during.png

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions

I don't think it will be a blow out, but a close one tonight. Spurs likely pull it out in the waning minutes. By the way, I won't be home tonight and the Bostrich has guaranteed a win today.

Murat Baslamisli

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
www.drummershangout.ca

Spurs running away with it , up 21 in the third. They have waited for this moment for a whole year. Last year was hard to swallow. Let's see if there will be any brain cramps in the last quarter. I doubt it though...they are super focused.

Murat Baslamisli

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
www.drummershangout.ca

This must feel so sweet for Spurs. Complete dismantling of the defending champion . So well deserved championship. It was fun to watch and it is not something you associate with Spurs basketball.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions

That was quite the beatdown of a series. I figured SA would have the edge but they played even better than I figured they would. Amazing passing and great shooting creates a juggernaut of an offensive team. I've always found them fun to watch. They play the most team ball in the league and have for quite some time, this just happens to be their best all around team IMO.

As for the Heat, Lebron said the NBA finals won't affect his decision but that might just be talk. SA was always going to be their toughest matchup in the West but given the way their defense looked I don't know if I'd have liked their chances vs. OKC either. It'd have been tighter for sure but not sure in retrospect how that'd have gone. And Wade finished awful despite taking off 1/3 of the season. He played well the first few rounds, below what he was even just 3 years ago, but still good. But the wheels fell off in the Finals and that left Lebron alone on an island. Lebron "should" leave but he will certainly face unlimited criticism if he opts out again and despite what he says I bet that would play on his mind.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions

^ I think that ended up being a no brainer. Sure the Spurs had to win 4 times but it was the games in Miami that really ended the series and Leonard was terrific in those games and had a strong game 5 too.

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

1972Murat said:
This must feel so sweet for Spurs. Complete dismantling of the defending champion . So well deserved championship. It was fun to watch and it is not something you associate with Spurs basketball.

How in the world was that fun to watch?

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

1972Murat said:
Let's see how the off season is going to be for Miami. Are they keeping the team together?

What team? There are two players that I saw and one has an irreparably damaged knee.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions

Was an awful series for those hoping to see a competitive battle similar to last year but watching the Spurs offense is fun to watch (for most of us) even when it lead to a total blowout series.

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

DarthFed said:
That was quite the beatdown of a series. I figured SA would have the edge but they played even better than I figured they would. Amazing passing and great shooting creates a juggernaut of an offensive team.

You are assigning credit/blame to the wrong places. As I said early in the series, the Spurs' offensive success owes to silly defensive strategy from their opponents. HELP DEFENSE is what the Spurs feed off of. If you make them play 1-on-1, they are helpless.

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

DarthFed said:
Was an awful series for those hoping to see a competitive battle similar to last year but watching the Spurs offense is fun to watch (for most of us) even when it lead to a total blowout series.

So you enjoy watching emotionless robots throw passes to spots that Popovich has trained them to throw to?

Yeah, that is just super fun.

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

DarthFed said:
^ No question about that. When you look at the Spurs roster you certainly don't picture them as being the best offensive team in the league. And it's one thing Cali is slow to accept. The Spurs play perfectly as a team and the result is the team with by far the best player in the series is getting smoked.

The Spurs play perfectly as a team?!?! Lol.

Amazing then that they only beat the Mavs 4-3 and got blown out twice by the Thunder. The Spurs have the Thunder and Heat coaching staffs to thank for their ring with all of those coaches who think they are sophisticated by preaching help defense.