Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
JesuslookslikeBorg. said:
Kieran said:
Kieran said:
I want England to win obviously but we will prob fall short...again.

"Prob?" :lolz: :lolz:

you got to be in it to win it..and I don't see the rep of Ireland in the finals.
:cry :ras: :violins: :grin::laydownlaughing

Population of four million, with Gaelic football and hurling as our national sports, we decided we'd have the greatest rugby side in the northern world this time and make the football World Cup next time... ;)
no one is interested in heaving or geese football, and rugby ?..lol you haven't won that world cup either. :laydownlaughing

We punch above our weight in international sports, buddy, whereas you's punch way below yours in football, and will again in this World Cup.

As for Gaelic football and hurling, sissy soccer players wouldn't last two minutes on a field with them boys... ;)

JesuslookslikeBorg

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Kieran said:
Kieran said:
Kieran said:
"Prob?" :lolz: :lolz:

you got to be in it to win it..and I don't see the rep of Ireland in the finals.
:cry :ras: :violins: :grin::laydownlaughing

Population of four million, with Gaelic football and hurling as our national sports, we decided we'd have the greatest rugby side in the northern world this time and make the football World Cup next time... ;)
no one is interested in heaving or geese football, and rugby ?..lol you haven't won that world cup either. :laydownlaughing

We punch above our weight in international sports, buddy, whereas you's punch way below yours in football, and will again in this World Cup.

As for Gaelic football and hurling, sissy soccer players wouldn't last two minutes on a field with them boys... ;)
violence is for saddo's and you still won't win the world cup. if you ever qualify again. or the rugby wc. :cool: heaving and geese football are not international sports.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Great atmosphere.

David Luis is a nutjob, right? He gets sent off somewhere along the way...

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Yeah, good first half, great goal by Neymar (who should have been sent off) and Croatia done well too, entertaining stuff...

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
2 horrible decisions by the ref, I hope this isn't gonna be a trend, but Neymar should have been sent off in the first half, and now a totally dodgy penalty for the hosts... :nono

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Wasn't impressed by Brazil, but I'm sure they'll improve. The twelfth man was their star player... :nono

JesuslookslikeBorg

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
dodgy ref. dodgy Croatian keeper..he was pathetic, so neymar didn't get sent off but ends up with 2 goals, both of which were scored via goalie errors.

yep, its the world cup finals folks..the best football on the planet.

JesuslookslikeBorg

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
first proper big match of the world cup on fri..re-run of the last world cup final. Holland v spain.

Lets hope Holland try to play some football this time round, not the fouling horrorfest they provided in the 2010 final.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
^ Spain will win.

tennisville

Major Winner
Reactions
Kieran said:
2 horrible decisions by the ref, I hope this isn't gonna be a trend, but Neymar should have been sent off in the first half, and now a totally dodgy penalty for the hosts... :nono

The penalty was pathetic but I dont think Neymar should have been sent off. His foul wasnt a red card foul. Oscar was the star player and he deserved his goal

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
tennisville said:
Kieran said:

The penalty was pathetic but I dont think Neymar should have been sent off. His foul wasnt a red card foul. Oscar was the star player and he deserved his goal

Well, if you raise your hand to hit a player, that's a red card. And Neymar looked at the opponent and hit him - without even attempting to play the ball...

brokenshoelace

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
All 3 of Brazil's goals would have been avoided with a better keeper. I understand why Neymar didn't get sent off given that it's the opening match in front of the home crowd and all, but that penalty decision was horrendous. Unfortunately, we're likely in for some more refereeing howlers, if this year's champions league and domestic seasons are any indications. So don't expect much better in matches run by European referees.

Brazil are solid, but Fred is a weak-link up front (though I think he'll score 3 goals or so, mainly after being fed balls on a silver plate), and their midfield lacks a bit of a creative spark. In fairness, in addition to Neymar's performance, Oscar had a great second half.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Broken_Shoelace said:
I understand why Neymar didn't get sent off given that it's the opening match in front of the home crowd and all

Exactly why we needed a stronger ref. This chap was a homer.

I thought Croatia looked good, and Modric in particular. Brazil were shaky, but that's understandable, given the pressure they're under, but I'm not sure they're the side the win this thing...

JesuslookslikeBorg

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
spain 1-5 Holland. can't believe it, spain went 1-0 up too.

see that pass and van persie's header from 16yds. awesome, good to see one of my fav players getting a couple,, he'd hardly been in the match till his goal..then BOOM..GET IN.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
That was a stunner, eh? David Silva could have killed it on 43 minutes, and less than sixty seconds later Holland scored a beauty.

And Spain never recovered... :nono

atttomole

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
The game also confirms Casillas's decline. He looks done. A goalkeeper's decline is less obvious than that of an upfield player, but for Casillas the signs have been there for some time.