2013 US Open Final: Nadal vs. Djokovic

Who ya got?

• Total voters

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Rafa leads the H2H 21-15

http://www.atpworldtour.com/Players/Head-To-Head.aspx?pId=F324&oId=T786

They just met at the Montreal Masters where Rafa won in 3 sets. This is the battle for #1.

Who ya got?

efe_20130831_222423_pa1346nadal_22704_1.jpg

vs.
Novak-Djokovic-US-Open-Rnd1-2013x2_2994386.jpg

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I picked Rafael Nadal in five tough sets. But, it could go either way really. I just hope it will be an exciting match.

By the way, this will be their 37th meeting which a Men's record in the Open Era.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Nadal's playing the better tennis, but I picked Djokovic to win at the beginning so not going to change my mind now he's made the final.

Novak in 4 or 5, but he's going to have to move up a gear to halt the spanish steamroller.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa in 5, Djokovic won't go down too easy but on top of coming in with poor form he has not held strong against elite players the last 2 years. Until he does he won't be winning anything.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Not sure how Rafa played in the 3rd but he was not good at all the first 2 sets so it will be interesting to see who comes out strong on Monday.

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
DarthFed said:
Not sure how Rafa played in the 3rd but he was not good at all the first 2 sets so it will be interesting to see who comes out strong on Monday.

I have a feeling whoever wins the first set, he will be the winner of the match. But, I could be wrong.

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
britbox said:
Nadal's playing the better tennis, but I picked Djokovic to win at the beginning so not going to change my mind now he's made the final.
Novak in 4 or 5, but he's going to have to move up a gear to halt the spanish steamroller.

Novak in 4.

He finally gets tired of playing the big points and the big matches like a 'wuss' all year and comes out firing. Rafa plays significantly better than he did today, but comes up short.

..... then I wake up from my sleep to find it's Vika over Serena. :cover

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
I think the first is more important to Nadal believe it or not. Tough to picture him winning 3 of 4 from that position. Whereas Djokovic is naturally a better hard court player and when he digs in and plays near his best he has the upperhand on this surface. He is just way more up and down than Rafa right now and he is much weaker in the tight moments.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
nehmeth said:
britbox said:

Novak in 4.

He finally gets tired of playing the big points and the big matches like a 'wuss' all year and comes out firing. Rafa plays significantly better than he did today, but comes up short.

I hear you man, I don't see him suddenly digging deep and coming up big. I prob won't watch: if Nole wins great. If Rafa wins I will be glad to miss it. Not sure I can deal with another dark era in tennis.

Srini

Futures Player
Reactions
Nole is not playing well at all. Based on form, it's clearly Rafa. But am thinking Nole is sick and tired of losing in finals this year and plays better. Nole in 5.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
nehmeth said:
Darth, you could watch the Eagles instead.

With football season on I won't be watching tennis anyways. Good riddance to 2013 tennis.

Andrew William

Masters Champion
Reactions
Rafa in 4 competitive sets.

Nadal's ground game has impressed me more. He's penetrating through the court with his forehand and serving well.

ClayDeath

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
little dreaming never hurt anybody so dream on. nole is not taking this.

clay warrior throttles his arse in 4 with his topspin forehand and his will.

if stan had any belief at all he could have won today in straights.

I feel bad for stan but that is a topic for another day. I don't where the hell he can go and buy himself some testicular fortitude.

Murat Baslamisli

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
www.drummershangout.ca
I don't believe in faiths, meant-to-be's or however one might phrase it, but it does feel like stars are aligning for Rafa here...Not a particularly taxing draw, shorter matches...Obviously he is playing amazing tennis on top of that. He made what, all but one final since he came back from injury? That is just nuts.:speechless:

I predicted Nole at the beginning and I will stick to it but he has to win it in 4 sets tops. It goes to 5, Rafa wins the last set 6-1.
I will go with Nole in 4.

ClayDeath

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
DarthFed said:
nehmeth said:
Darth, you could watch the Eagles instead.

With football season on I won't be watching tennis anyways. Good riddance to 2013 tennis.

I see you are scared 1/2 to death general darth.

why the hell are you so miserable?

either you love the sport or you don't.

:D:D

atttomole

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
DarthFed said:
nehmeth said:
britbox said:

Novak in 4.

I hear you man, I don't see him suddenly digging deep and coming up big. I prob won't watch: if Nole wins great. If Rafa wins I will be glad to miss it. Not sure I can deal with another dark era in tennis.
What do you mean by 'dark era in tennis'?

atttomole

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I think Rafa takes it in 4 sets. He is very solid, and his serve does not appear like it can be broken (I did not watch the Gasquet semi). On the other hand, Djokovic looks shaky, and I think he is going to make double faults on set points.