• Wawrinka in 4

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Wawrinka in 5

Votes: 3 18.8%

• Total voters

Denis

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Wawrinka in 5 because I want to see some drama!

Their h2h is not too bad for Stan the Man either: http://www.atpworldtour.com/Players/Head-To-Head.aspx?pId=MC10&oId=W367

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Going for Murray, although I don't think he's firing on all cylinders. He'll need to step up as Stan is dangerous customer this year.

isabelle

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I guess Murray will win that but he must stay focused all match long

I.Haychew

Major Winner
Reactions
Expecting (hoping for, actually) this to be the match of the tournament. I want this to go five sets with all sets being close and Wawrinka winning a nail-biter in the end. Going with Murray to actually win it, though. Murray in five.

Andrew William

Masters Champion
Reactions
Pretty much what Britbox stated. Murray should come out of this, but Stan (the man) could make things very tricky for the Scot.

Murray in 4, maybe 5.

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Murray in 4.

P.S. This is the only GS poll I remember ever having at least one vote for each choice. Interesting that it would be this one.

Murat Baslamisli

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
www.drummershangout.ca
Just got back from NY. I was at the Open for over ten hours on Tuesday. Lots of good matches. I was impressed with Wawrinka against the Birdman. I do remember the 2010 match between these two but Murray has grown up since. Murray in 4.

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Andy Murray in four sets.

I think Murray will be too consistent for Stan the Man. But, I also think Wawrinka will take a set off because he is playing well right now.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
This is a very tricking match up for Andy.. Stan hits his forehand very early and robs Murray of some of his precious nanoseconds for his defensive style of play. Murray will need to be on his A game from the jump and will have to serve well because Stan can hurt him dearly if not. If the conditions are pretty humid, I would favor Murray but if not this can easily be a toss up.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
I am voting for Wawrinka in 4. Wawrinka has beaten Murray in slams before and
he is motivated to take this one. Also, murray is very sluggish.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Murray hasnt impressed me so far in this tournament
He will need to Step Up his game against Stan
Murray in 4 sets

brokenshoelace

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
This could be a banana peel for Murray if he doesn't tighten up his game. He hasn't been playing well since Wimbledon, and Stan is the kind of opponent who can hit him off the court if Andy is not sharp (he's done it before, at this very tournament).

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
The ATP site has been doing statistical previews of the matches. Worthwhile to read:
http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis/2013/09/36/US-Open-IBM-Preview-Murray-Wawrinka-QF.aspx

isabelle

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Broken_Shoelace said:
This could be a banana peel for Murray if he doesn't tighten up his game. He hasn't been playing well since Wimbledon, and Stan is the kind of opponent who can hit him off the court if Andy is not sharp (he's done it before, at this very tournament).

Banana peel...I love that even if Switzerland is well known for chocolate and cheese
Wawa played a great piece of tennis vs Birdie but I guess Muzza will prevail this time

Riotbeard

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I picked Stan in 5. In my brain, I have to guess Murray takes it, but I have a good feeling about Stan this time. If murray isn't aggressive, he will give stan plenty of time to wind up and smack the ball.

lindseywagners

Futures Player
Reactions
Lately, the aspect of Murray's game that is misleading, I think, is that his opponents can appear to be giving him trouble, but it's really Murray finding his way into the match. So he may be down a set or two, but he's trending upward and eventually takes control of the match. I believe this is especially true in best-of-five set matches because he has more time to fiddle around as he finds his way.

Riotbeard

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
lindseywagners said:
Lately, the aspect of Murray's game that is misleading, I think, is that his opponents can appear to be giving him trouble, but it's really Murray finding his way into the match. So he may be down a set or two, but he's trending upward and eventually takes control of the match. I believe this is especially true in best-of-five set matches because he has more time to fiddle around as he finds his way.

Delpo does this too, and it is a really bad habit. A. it means a disproportionate amount of five setters, and if a guy who can for the fences like verdasco doesn't choke, than he risks losing to a lot more guys.