WTA News and Gossip 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Well lucky you - I never read the ATP columns - only threads concerning
Well maybe you should start reading both like I do and post on both and maybe you will be lucky like I am..........LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and give the correct information here regarding the AO and not make comments that are unwarranted to start with., for eg
"what a slam this will be' without having the full and correct information Why the strict lock down for 14 days was implemented in the first place for the 47 players.

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
AO Tournament Director Craig Tiley,

"Determination of who was and wasn't a close contact was always going to be up to the health department,was always a risk,we made it clear from the beginning -always a risk on the plane that you could be a close contact".,Craig Tiley responding to a question why the players on the two planes had to go into complete lockdown for 2 weeks in quarantine,when some people on their planes tested positive and they did not.
Craig Tiley also stated that the 47 players in total lockdown will be supplied exercise equipment eg bikes to maintain some type of fitness while in the 14 day quarantine period.

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
A third AO Charter flight produced a positive COVID-19 case on Sunday requiring all passengers aboard Qatar Airway flight from Doha (including 25 tennis players) forced into a 14 day hard quarantine.There are now 72 players serving hard quarantine after 3 of the tournaments charter flights featured positive Coronavirus cases.

Reactions: AnonymousFan

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Sunday 17 January 2021,

Australian Open statement regarding COVID-19 tests,

One positive COVID-19 test has been returned from a passenger on a charter flight into Melbourne from Doha which arrived at 5.30am 16 January.The passenger is not a member of the playing contingent and had tested negative before the flight.
There were 58 passengers on the flight,including 25 players.All are already in quarantine hotels.
The 25 players on the flight will not be able to leave their hotel room for 14 days and until they are medically cleared.They will not be eligible to practise.

Hoergren

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Saw just on BBC world that 72 players are held in isolation 14.09 CET - and something they have to accept

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I strongly suggest to Tomic's girl friend who apparently has 'Never Washed Her Own Hair' Eye Roll to get Bernard to do it for her.Seeing they are both self-isolating together.
My heart goes out to her poor thing...............................

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Amanda Anisimova has left Abu Dhabi,where she was quarantined after testing positive to COVID-19,said it was a rough two weeks,but I'm just happy my family and I are healthy.I'm hoping the Australian Open can continue without further problems.If 2020 has taught us anything it's for everyone to be looking at the bigger picture.

Hoergren

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
New top player in the making and Heather Watson in isolation

Last edited:

Hoergren

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Amanda Anisimova has left Abu Dhabi,where she was quarantined after testing positive to COVID-19,said it was a rough two weeks,but I'm just happy my family and I are healthy.I'm hoping the Australian Open can continue without further problems.If 2020 has taught us anything it's for everyone to be looking at the bigger picture.
I'm a going to write an article about the tennis players isolation in connection to AO in the Danish Tennisavisen. Can I get you to keep an eye on what happens in Australian media? Sending links and so. Please

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
^ I ;live in Australia most posters are aware of this.
I have posted news what is actually going on with the AO and also overseas news,which I will always continue to do.
Posting pictures of players complaining in quarantine is something I will not do.
It is useless, if you read why in a post I did you would Understand why Australia has strict COVID -19 restrictions.BTW Tennis Australia is footing the bill for all these players in quarantine $40 million dollars AUST.If I was returning to Australia from overseas I would have to fit the bill in quarantine myself for the two weeks,one adult is $3,000 AUST dollars per week.

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Weeks after becoming a brand ambassador for Louis Vuitton,Naomi Osaka endorsement empire continues to grow as she becomes brand ambassador for Tag Heuer.Osaka became the highest female earner in history last year,earning $37.4 millions in prize money and endorsements in the 12 months period May 2019 to May 2020.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Michael Joyce,who spent nearly a decade coaching former world no 1 Maria Sharapova earlier in his career,has now joined USTA Player Development as its newest women's tennis national coach.The 47 year old started his post at the USTA National Campus this month,working with transitioning professional and young American pros in Orlanda,Florida.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
A Day at the Drive field (exho in Adelaide January 29th),

Ash Barty
Simona Halep
Naomi Osaka
Serena Williams
Novak Djokovic
Rafael Nadal
Dominic Theim
Jannik Sinner

The event featuring 2 sessions.Each session consists of 2 singles matches.More info to come.

Hoergren

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
^ I ;live in Australia most posters are aware of this.
I have posted news what is actually going on with the AO and also overseas news,which I will always continue to do.
Posting pictures of players complaining in quarantine is something I will not do.
It is useless, if you read why in a post I did you would Understand why Australia has strict COVID -19 restrictions.BTW Tennis Australia is footing the bill for all these players in quarantine $40 million dollars AUST.If I was returning to Australia from overseas I would have to fit the bill in quarantine myself for the two weeks,one adult is $3,000 AUST dollars per week.
Not going to write anything against the way Australia is treating this pandemic - which I think is perfect and we have a little like that in Denmark - I'm going to write about the players reaction from the spoiled child like Djocovic to Azarenka and how players find out a way to be in isolation as you can see in the tweets I've brought. And I know you're from Australia and that's why I asked you. I find my own sources then but have a nice day anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.