WTA News and Gossip 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Why is she not playing? Injuries, laziness, considering retirement, getting married, don't need the money?
Bouchard has had some minor injuries,wrist, shoulder,apart from that I have no idea why she is not playing,I just checked the Wimbledon qualifer's list her name is not on it.

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Dayana Yastremska's provisional suspensions has been lifted and she is free to return to competition immediately.The anti-doping tribunal found that she "bore no Fault or Negligence' from her positive urine test that contained a metabolite of mesterolone.

• Haha
Reactions: AnonymousFan

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Dayana Yastremska's provisional suspensions has been lifted and she is free to return to competition immediately.The anti-doping tribunal found that she "bore no Fault or Negligence' from her positive urine test that contained a metabolite of mesterolone.

Doping control in tennis has always been a joke. They test less and stupid players. And after they find out, they fall for my grandmother bought me a cough syrup explanations. :facepalm:

Hoergren

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
What a match just happened in Eastbourne. Iga Swiatek wins her first grass court match on tour level out of three played.It was an excellent match with twist and turns and an emotional Swiatek after the match - well played both ladies.
SWIATEK.jpg

SWIATEKWIN.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: kskate2

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Camila Giorgi (Q) at Eastbourne had the 'Upset of the Day" defeating Defending Champion Karolina Pliskova 26 62 62
After being bagled in the first set by Elise Mertens (7),Coco Gauff wins the match in 3 sets 06 76(4) 75.
Coco said after the match "It's not the grass fault,it's my fault I'm not used to moving on the grass".

Last edited:

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Camila Giorgi (Q) at Eastbourne had the 'Upset of the Day" defeating Defending Champion Karolina Pliskova 26 62 62
After being bagled in the first set by Elise Mertens (7),Coco Gauff wins the match in 3 sets 06 76(4) 75.
Coco said after the match "It's not the grass fault,it's my fault I'm not used to moving on the grass".
Eating that donut must have given her the carbs she needed to carry on. :D

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
GBR Tokyo Women's Tennis Team,

Womens's singles Johanna Konta ,Heather Watson
Women's doubles Johanna Konta,Heather Watson

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Serena Williams will not be travelling to Tokyo for the Olympic games,without giving the reasons behind her decision.
On Sunday she said,

"I'm actually not on the Olympic list.If I am,I shouldn't be on it".

• Wow

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Sofia Kenin won't be competing at the Olympics her reason being she couldn't bring anyone with her.It was a tough decision.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Indian Wells Tournament to take place October 4-17.
Proof of vaccination for entry into Indian Wells.It will require all fans,staff,sponsors,media and vendors to show valid proof of full vaccination in order to enter Indian Wells.
As for the issue of whether players must be vaccinated for Indian Wells,
"The guidelines for the players are governed by the protocols established by their governing bodies".

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
All WTA Tournaments in Japan and China have been cancelled ( due to ongoing COVID outbreaks).,at the moment the WTA Finals in Schenzhen has not been cancelled,which is TBD.( still not optimistic,about that WTA Final happening in China with how everything is trending).

• Wow

Hoergren

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
A way to be wiser about Osaka's problems - maybe an interest for most of you who doesn't recognise there is a problem

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Great match . Happy for my girl Su-Wei aka the magician human backboard...Wow..did you see the look on the face on Kudemetova..she was highly pissed..ice stare of death during the presentation ceremony..too bad. They had their chances..they truly choked, IMO
Thanks AF I fell asleep on the lounge after the 1st set.This is another Aussie connection...Paul McNamee doubles player,is the coach of SU-Wei.
With this win Elise Mertens will be no 1 doubles player when the new rankings come out on Monday

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.