WTA News and Gossip 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Well I am yet to see Keys,have good footwork and controlled power on her shots for a whole tournament, especially a GS tournament,anyone with variety in their game,eg can use slice to 'disrupt a power hitter' also bring forward to the net,to see if their net play is up to the task.Regarding Sharapova,players usually hit in her strike zone,she was not a good lateral mover especially on her fhand side,that was one sure way to bring about UFE in her game,her second serve was weak,also prone to double faults.
Not true. The US open when she lost to Sloane..her footwork was great until the final when Sloane exposed Madison's FH

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
I did say I am yet to see Keys with good footwork in a whole GS tournament' I am not a fan full stop she is very one dimensional full stop.
It's amazing GSM will "liked" any post that opposes my views..

I remember that match very well.. Madison had a bigger case of "stage fright" which was compounded by Sloane execution of her coaching by Kamau Murray to hit aggressively to Madison's FH which eventually broke down .So Margaret I will agree with you that Keys has yet to complete a slam with "good footwork".. That's a mental issue not physical for Keys to overcome. IMO

Reactions: tossip

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions

I remember that match very well.. Madison had a bigger case of "stage fright" which was compounded by Sloane execution of her coaching by Kamau Murray to hit aggressively to Madison's FH which eventually broke down .So Margaret I will agree with you that Keys has yet to complete a slam with "good footwork".. That's a mental issue not physical for Keys to overcome. IMO
Keys doesnt seem to care anymore,she now has a livein boyfriend.She is contend with her endorsements and being pova s bff.

Reactions: the AntiPusher

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
I was only comparing the power of the two players not the total all around variety of Serena's game.. Every one knows that Keys plan A is to hit hard and plan B is to hit harder..It worked for Sharapova but not yet for Keys. My point is both can win with their power but it has to be control power coupled with great foot work.
That game plan worked for Pova because of her mental toughness. She was fearless when she came on the scene. Keys has never been fearless about anything but making errors. :smiling-face-with-horns:

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
That game plan worked for Pova because of her mental toughness. She was fearless when she came on the scene. Keys has never been fearless about anything but making errors. :smiling-face-with-horns:
So the question is WHY..what is she waiting for..there isn't one player on the tour who can be across the net from Madison in a grand slam final that is going to make less unforced errors other than Ostanpeko ..she is the only player that Madison can face in the finals who would have more unforced errors , IMO.. although that would be an absolutely delicious match .

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
So the question is WHY..what is she waiting for..there isn't one player on the tour who can be across the net from Madison in a grand slam final that is going to make less unforced errors other than Ostanpeko ..she is the only player that Madison can face in the finals who would have more unforced errors , IMO.. although that would be an absolutely delicious match .
Who knows what she is waiting on! The paint in her new house to dry? :face-with-hand-over-mouth:

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Who knows what she is waiting on! The paint in her new house to dry? :face-with-hand-over-mouth:
funny..but true. I have a feeling if Halep's body can hold together..she is going to began to gooble one to two slams a year. If she was healthy , she would have defeated Kenin..her body was cooked at the US open vs Taylor's style of play..IMO

Reactions: tossip

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Sabalenka has reunited with Tursunov (wasn't with her in Australia)

Jabeur split with Perret (who is now with Hsieh) and is working with an all North African team of Issam Jellali and Othmane Gorma.

Reactions: AnonymousFan

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Bianca Andresscu has withdrawn from next week's Doha tournament as she continues to recover from her knee injury.Her 2020 debut pushed back at least until Indian Wells where she has a title to defend.Bianca has pulled out of 4 events so far this season.

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

There’s the rub, Madison doesn’t have the belief in her game. Say what you will about Maria Sharapova, a fairly one dimensional player but she knew who brought her to the dance and played her strengths no matter what. Madison breaks down when things aren’t going her way and it’s hard for her to recover.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
There’s the rub, Madison doesn’t have the belief in her game. Say what you will about Maria Sharapova, a fairly one dimensional player but she knew who brought her to the dance and played her strengths no matter what. Madison breaks down when things aren’t going her way and it’s hard for her to recover.
Agreed

Hoergren

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Big names out of Doha tournament

Angelique Kerber has pulled out of Qatar Total Open as well, joining Andreescu, Collins and Konta

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Former world no 45 Johanna Larsson,winner of 2 WTA titles,Johanna also achieved success in doubles has announced she is quitting the game with immediate effect.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
The 2020 Kunming Open a 125K WTA tournament in Anning,China scheduled for April 27-May 3 has been cancelled due to coronavirus outbreak and the uncertainty around travel and travel restrictions.,the WTA has announced today.

• Wow
Status
Not open for further replies.