WTA News and Gossip 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
When she didn't break the decider open early I knew she would lose this match. She's not in shape enough to get behind these balls and hit w/ the correct velocity. She's reaching for alot of them creating UE's

Reactions: AnonymousFan

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Sevastova had not won a match this season
Serena has not lost a singles Fed Cup rubber until today
Doubles to decide the tie.
Kenin and Bethanie Mattek-Sands will play doubles for the USA

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Serena should decide to tarnish her legacy or not.She needs a lot of matches this season and focus for the next six months.I just wonder if she is happily married...

• Wow
Reactions: Fiero425

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
The 12 nations set for the Fed Cup Finals in April in Budapest,

Australia,Belarus,Belgium,Czech Republic,France,Germany,Hungary,Russia,Slovakia,Spain,Switzerland and USA.

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Serena has lost confidence and Patrick is not helping her by talking too much.

• Haha
Reactions: Fiero425

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Andrea Petkovic has undergone left knee surgery that will sideline her for six to eight weeks.Petkovic,who had not played since Luxembourg with a bone bruise in her knee,re-injured it in practice and required the procedure.

• Sad

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Time for a new coach? I know he has helped her win a ton of majors, but that was then.
Nah..a new coach is not the answer..Serena needs a perfect storm grandSlam like the past one where a lot of the top seeds get knocked out and all she has to do is defeat a few of her former piegons.

Reactions: tossip

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Time for a new coach? I know he has helped her win a ton of majors, but that was then.

Serena needs to

a. lose weight
b. get fit and improve movement
c. get good amount of match practice before going into the slams.

Coach change is not needed. Serena has not lost confidence in Patrick. Those were two different sentences.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
She is now very predictable and these players just move her around and wait fir her errors.I guess everyone is playing her just like Halep played her at Wimbledon..just keep the ball in play..
RG will really show where the rest of 2020 tennis season for Serena's game will be..At present conditioning, Serena will be very vunerable the first few rounds especially if she faces a veteran like Kutzy or someone who has a game similar to or like Halep as tossip said will make her move her feet. Besides body serves, Serena is going have to shorten the points on her opponents service game by playing quicker points and coming to the net. Serena's footwork will be key because her net game is not as solid as the rest of her all court game..In essence what I alluding to is that Serena will have to take more risks and try to make the game uncomfortable for her opponents instead of hoping her opponents make UFEs. IMO

Reactions: tossip

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Bianca Andreescu withdraws from Dubai Duty Free Tennis Championships due to lingering left knee issue.

Last edited:
  • Sad

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Bianca Andreescu withdraws from Dubai Duty Free Tennis Championships due to lingering left knee issue.
KS stated it the best, Serena keeps loosing to these Scrubs...All due respect because Andreescu is a good player and I give her credit for being able to extend the rallies. Sometimes I wonder what's going through Keys and Serena's mind. The two of them have the most weapons and power in the game but cannot win the GS titles. I still believe Serena will but she is going to have to postpone retirement for a few more years. Madison needs to go see the Wizard for a tennis IQ

Reactions: kskate2 and tossip

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
KS stated it the best, Serena keeps loosing to these Scrubs...All due respect because Andreescu is a good player and I give her credit for being able to extend the rallies. Sometimes I wonder what's going through Keys and Serena's mind. The two of them have the most weapons and power in the game but cannot win the GS titles. I still believe Serena will but she is going to have to postpone retirement for a few more years. Madison needs to go see the Wizard for a tennis IQ

I am not a fan of Keys,if her A game is not working she is 'clueless',what to do next,though I must add there are other players on the tour just like Keys.Serena has much more variety in her game for starters,so has Andreescu,whose young career has been stalled by injuries sad to say,because I love watching her play.Serena's first priority is to 'get back into shape' for starters, her overall game will flow accordingly I believe.

Last edited:

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
I am not a fan of Keys,if her A game is not working she is 'clueless',what to do next,though I must add there are other players on the tour just like Keys.Serena has much more variety in her game for starters,so has Andreescu,whose young career has been stalled by injuries sad to say,because I love watching her play.Serena's first priority is to 'get back into shape' for starters, her overall game will flow accordingly I believe.
I was only comparing the power of the two players not the total all around variety of Serena's game.. Every one knows that Keys plan A is to hit hard and plan B is to hit harder..It worked for Sharapova but not yet for Keys. My point is both can win with their power but it has to be control power coupled with great foot work.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I was only comparing the power of the two players not the total all around variety of Serena's game.. Every one knows that Keys plan A is to hit hard and plan B is to hit harder..It worked for Sharapova but not yet for Keys. My point is both can win with their power but it has to be control power coupled with great foot work.

Well I am yet to see Keys,have good footwork and controlled power on her shots for a whole tournament, especially a GS tournament,anyone with variety in their game,eg can use slice to 'disrupt a power hitter' also bring forward to the net,to see if their net play is up to the task.Regarding Sharapova,players usually hit in her strike zone,she was not a good lateral mover especially on her fhand side,that was one sure way to bring about UFE in her game,her second serve was weak,also prone to double faults.

Status
Not open for further replies.