WTA News and Gossip 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Coach Patrick Mouratoglou says Serena Williams must 'face reality,and rethink her strategy after another Grand Slam failure.

Williams has failed to win a Grand Slam since returning to tennis following childbirth,although she has gone agonisingly close.

In the Australian Open,however,Serena badly struggled,losing in the third round to Wang Qiang,and Mouratoglou says it's time to make a change.

"Maybe come back with a different angle,a different strategy and different goals,so she can make it" Mouratoglou said during a interview with BBC Sport.

"She does feel positive,she feels negative too because it is a failure when she dosen't win a Grand Slam".

"We have to face reality,but she is positive that she can make it otherwise she probably wouldn't be on a tennis court anymore".

"She believes she can make it and I believe it too.She's not that far,but we have to change a few things".

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Abigail Spears (#37 doubles,career high #10) has been banned for 22 months after testing positive for DHEA.She says that a player recommended an Eastern Medicine doctor who prescribed her pills containing DHEA.The name of the pills DHEA25.

• Wow
Reactions: AnonymousFan

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Coach Patrick Mouratoglou says Serena Williams must 'face reality,and rethink her strategy after another Grand Slam failure.

Williams has failed to win a Grand Slam since returning to tennis following childbirth,although she has gone agonisingly close.

In the Australian Open,however,Serena badly struggled,losing in the third round to Wang Qiang,and Mouratoglou says it's time to make a change.

"Maybe come back with a different angle,a different strategy and different goals,so she can make it" Mouratoglou said during a interview with BBC Sport.

"She does feel positive,she feels negative too because it is a failure when she dosen't win a Grand Slam".

"We have to face reality,but she is positive that she can make it otherwise she probably wouldn't be on a tennis court anymore".

"She believes she can make it and I believe it too.She's not that far,but we have to change a few things".
I'm glad she finally realizes a change is in order. The question is what will that change be?

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I'm glad she finally realizes a change is in order. The question is what will that change be?

Patrick did not expand about the 'changes to Serena's game',in his interview.I guess we will have to wait and see the changes in her next WTA tournament.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
KS.. there's only one thing..She has to start serving more body serves because she hasn't been able to hit the big serves late in 2nd week of a grand slam..Meaning she has try win her few points on a serve in a different manner.IMO

Last edited:
Reactions: kskate2 and tossip

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Ash Barty withdraws from Dubai Duty Free Championships with a foot injury.Elina Svitolina has accepted a wild card into the event.
Simona Halep is the top seed following Barty's withdrawal,while Belinda Bencic is the defending champion.

• Sad
Reactions: AnonymousFan

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Patrick did not expand about the 'changes to Serena's game',in his interview.I guess we will have to wait and see the changes in her next WTA tournament.
She is carrying a lot of weight its not easy on the knees plus she doesnt look like she is in great shape.I wish she can get into the best shape of her life so that she doesnt look out of breath all the time someone runs her corner to corner.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
She is carrying a lot of weight its not easy on the knees plus she doesnt look like she is in great shape.I wish she can get into the best shape of her life so that she doesnt look out of breath all the time someone runs her corner to corner.

I think that is the current strategy from coaches telling their players,to get Serena on the run from corner to corner,it is paying off.I think we all saw that in the final at Wimbledon against Halep.Serena usually has soo much time for her shots,her footwork is not what it used to be.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
She is not in great shape this year. I felt like last year's AO was the best she looked fitness wise since the comeback. Right now she's playing FC and she looks 100 yrs old moving around the court and struggling w/ Sevastova who she never has trouble with.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Serena trailing in 3rd set tb against sevastova.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.