WTA News and Gossip 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
What about Venus? They know each other pretty well.
I get the feeling Vee is just coasting until she retires. Maybe not interested in paying top $ for a new coach when she only plans on playing a handful of tournaments.

Reactions: Tenfan63

Sundaymorningguy

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
She expanded on their departure to say she wasn’t content to keep someone on her team if they weren’t bringing a happiness to it. I take it she didn’t like his way of things. She made it sound like Bajin would talk behind her back, and he wouldn’t be direct with her. Essentially, she made it seem like he was a negative person.

Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
She expanded on their departure to say she wasn’t content to keep someone on her team if they weren’t bringing a happiness to it. I take it she didn’t like his way of things. She made it sound like Bajin would talk behind her back, and he wouldn’t be direct with her. Essentially, she made it seem like he was a negative person.

I also read the same earlier via Twitter,interesting to see who coaches her next.

Last edited:

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
All of this negative talk is news to me. In her own words from previous pressers, they got along really well for the first 6-8 months. It seems like things went haywire after she won the USO.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
tennismash.com has an article on both Osaka and Halep who are presently without coaches.Osaka said she hopes to have a new coach in her team when the Indian Wells tournament begins.

10isfan

Major Winner
Reactions
Osaka will have to learn that it’s better not to say anything negative about people no matter what the truth is.

Sundaymorningguy

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Well, I think the truth of the matter is that she needs to learn that if there is to be a bad guy in the group it is probably going to be the coach who is there to keep things on track.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Apparently she's gotten too big for her britches. Someone else will scoop him up quickly so they can learn the Serena way of becoming a slam champ. If I'm not mistaken, Sloane is still looking for a coach.
She claimed that she wanted to work with people she liked..maybe liked means at a lower price. As for Sloane still haven’t gotten the true reasons why she split from Kamau Murray but I cant see her paying Sascha a huge salary either.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
She claimed that she wanted to work with people she liked..maybe liked means at a lower price. As for Sloane still haven’t gotten the true reasons why she split from Kamau Murray but I cant see her paying Sascha a huge salary either.
If she thinks she will get a quality coach for a lower price, she's naïve. She's already won slams and reached #1. No one of quality will accept her new coaching assignment for pennies. :nono:

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
If she thinks she will get a quality coach for a lower price, she's naïve. She's already won slams and reached #1. No one of quality will accept her new coaching assignment for pennies. :nono:

I doubt the sacking of Bajin is primarily due to money issues. If it was just a monetary issue, there would not be all that drama of unfollowing etc.

But, I am little worried whether she is looking for a "yes, madam" type of guy as the coach. Such guys would be nice to work with, but will not be producing results.

Reactions: Rex

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
I doubt the sacking of Bajin is primarily due to money issues. If it was just a monetary issue, there would not be all that drama of unfollowing etc.

But, I am little worried whether she is looking for a "yes, madam" type of guy as the coach. Such guys would be nice to work with, but will not be producing results.
We don't really know what the primary issue is because no one is talking. But unfollowing someone on social media is a clear sign she hasn't quite grown up yet. That kind of behavior is very much high schoolish. Adults who do such things when there's a disagreement are just acting out.

atttomole

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
What happened to Kuznetsova? She hasn't played for some time.

isabelle

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Masha out of Miami (she underwent a shoulder surgery)

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Naomi Osaka has hired Jermaine Jenkins as her new head coach.Jenkins a former All American collegiate star at Clemson University and served as hitting partner to Venus Williams from 2015 until the end of last season.His younger brother James is currently Serena Williams' hitting partner.In January,Jenkins was named by USTA Player Development as a national coach for women's tennis.

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Its now very clear that Osaka is obsessed with the Williams family.Who is she going to poach now..Patrick.Her team is a former Serena camp now she wants a Venus hitting partner...chile

atttomole

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Its now very clear that Osaka is obsessed with the Williams family.Who is she going to poach now..Patrick.Her team is a former Serena camp now she wants a Venus hitting partner...chile
It is also possible that she got advice from the Williams sisters. The sisters are some of the best people that she can consult.

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
It is also possible that she got advice from the Williams sisters. The sisters are some of the best people that she can consult.
I doubt that the sisters would do that while they are still playing..she wants the inside tea on the sisters and has no shame.She has done some damage already when Sacha was blatantly cheating during her match against Serena and she was eating it up.The jury is out on Osaka for me....

atttomole

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I doubt that the sisters would do that while they are still playing..she wants the inside tea on the sisters and has no shame.She has done some damage already when Sacha was blatantly cheating during her match against Serena and she was eating it up.The jury is out on Osaka for me....
I thought it was Patrick (Serena's coach) who was accused of coaching by the chair umpire during that final.

Status
Not open for further replies.