WTA News and Gossip 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

atttomole

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Well is she stupid or what?

This is shocking. Maybe Sascha asked for a pay rise. I also think it is not a smart decision. She has two slams, and she looks like she has the ability to win a tonne more, but this wasn't the right time to make such a drastic decision.

Reactions: Tenfan63 and tented

Hoergren

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Well we have to keep an eye on this but here is her official tweet

And Saschas answer

Can he be going back to Serena or Vika?

A comment which I think says a little about the split - think it's right that it was coming during AO

Opionic‏ @opionic
answers @Naomi_Osaka_

it was clear from your insta posts and answers to the questions. First you thanked to him as just being a hitting partner, second no valuable mention of him after winning the trophy and third the focus is everywhere except him in the posts. he must have done smtng soo whiteeee

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions

And Saschas answer

A comment which I think says a little about the split - think it's right that it was coming during AO

Opionic‏ @opionic
answers @Naomi_Osaka_

it was clear from your insta posts and answers to the questions. First you thanked to him as just being a hitting partner, second no valuable mention of him after winning the trophy and third the focus is everywhere except him in the posts. he must have done smtng soo whiteeee

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
^ I also read on Twitter there will be no further comment coming from Osaka regarding the split.I think Sascha's reply was commendable under the circumstances.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Reactions: Hoergren

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Apparently she's gotten too big for her britches. Someone else will scoop him up quickly so they can learn the Serena way of becoming a slam champ. If I'm not mistaken, Sloane is still looking for a coach.
Lol! I'm a bit surprised at how negative the reaction towards Osaka is for this decision. There's simply no way to judge if it's the right decision until we see how she performs going forward. The idea that he is responsible for her slam success seems a bit fanciful to me.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Lol! I'm a bit surprised at how negative the reaction towards Osaka is for this decision. There's simply no way to judge if it's the right decision until we see how she performs going forward. The idea that he is responsible for her slam success seems a bit fanciful to me.

You can LOL all you want. She was a talented choker before Bajin showed up. Obviously, she won’t revert back to that since she’s already won some stuff, but who better to coach successfully against her than someone who knows her patterns at a time when the tour hasn’t quite figured out how to beat her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions

And Saschas answer

Opionic‏ @opionic
answers @Naomi_Osaka_

Apparently, she unfollowed him on all social media platforms. Haha. I don’t know how true that is.

Reactions: AnonymousFan

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
You can LOL all you want. She was a talented choker before Bajin showed up. Obviously, she won’t revert back to that since she’s already won some stuff, but who better to coach successfully against her than someone who knows her patterns at a time when the tour hasn’t quite figured out how to beat her.

I guess we'll see. It's too easy to just attribute everything to the coach. Sometimes it is... Murray... other times it's not. Time will show us. And frankly even if it was him, if she continues to win now, then there's nothing wrong with getting rid of him. Anyway, I note in another post you've observed that she's unfollowing him? If that's the case then clearly something happened

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
its about the benjamins:ptennis:I wonder who is going to take him ..maybe Vika

Sundaymorningguy

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Osaka has the game to win slams with or without Bajin. Now whether this has an effect on her game remains to be seen. Who knows maybe Osaka is injured to a point that will keep her out for an extended period of time and Bajin wants to keep his momentum as a coach, or something came up for either one or both that would impact their coaching situation, so they nipped it in the bud before it effected her momentum. Who knows. She doesn’t strike me as the type of person who has a gigantic ego. He could have asked for a pay raise that she didn’t feel she wanted to pay. Many reasons why it could have ended. She has the goods to win slams regardless of who is in her box.

Reactions: Federberg

Fefe26

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
I would love to see him and Serena find their way back to each other..

Reactions: Tenfan63

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
its about the benjamins:ptennis:I wonder who is going to take him ..maybe Vika
After one tournament, Simona splits w/ her new coach citing they had no chemistry. How much you wanna bet she goes after Bajin now. :rolleyes:

Tenfan63

Futures Player
Reactions
After one tournament, Simona splits w/ her new coach citing they had no chemistry. How much you wanna bet she goes after Bajin now. :rolleyes:
What about Venus? They know each other pretty well.

Status
Not open for further replies.