USO QF: Alcaraz vs. Sinner

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
I am curious to on see Sinner and his team will handle this loss moving forward. I am still hoping he doesn’t overplay, so he can get a proper training block with Cahill. Also, Cahill will probably tell Sinner not to think about Tennis just to decompress mentally. Either way, I am hoping for a strong 2023 for Sinner!
From what I saw is Sinner needs to improve on his lower core.. Alcarez's body is tight just like Tiafoe's body ..We all know about Fed's, Rafa's and Novak's lower core is built for the long haul of a grand slam tournament forthnight..FAA needs work in this area too.. Tiafoe vs Alcarez's match will be ALI Frazier part 4..they are going to beat each other up for 3-4 hours..IMO

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
From what I saw is Sinner needs to improve on his lower core.. Alcarez's body is tight just like Tiafoe's body ..We all know about Fed's, Rafa's and Novak's lower core is built for the long haul of a grand slam tournament forthnight..FAA needs work in this area too.. Tiafoe vs Alcarez's match will be ALI Frazier part 4..they are going to beat each other up for 3-4 hours..IMO
Strengthening your lower core usually leads to more balance and stability which I feel Sinner has, he gets his great balance from being a junior ski champion, good balance off both wings.Cahill needs to work on his serve, for a tall player, his serve should be more explosive, also needs help in his transition to the net.

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Actually, FAA has a great body built especially if you see him in person. I think FAA’s biggest problem is his return of serve technique and his mental capacity/shot tolerance during rallies.

I do agree about Sinner gaining more muscles on his core and lower body. That will help him survive these physical grind of the tour especially at Slams

Reactions: Moxie

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I agree with Sinner strengthening his body and gaining mucsle ( legs) though strengthening lower core is gaining more balance which Sinner already has

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Strengthening your lower core usually leads to more balance and stability which I feel Sinner has, he gets his great balance from being a junior ski champion, good balance off both wings.Cahill needs to work on his serve, for a tall player, his serve should be more explosive, also needs help in his transition to the net.
It’s probably better to gain muscles from the bottom up to the top. Sinner’s natural power is amazing to watch even as slender he is right now. I don’t want him to ruin his technique due to gain muscles on his upper body.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
It’s probably better to gain muscles from the bottom up to the top. Sinner’s natural power is amazing to watch even as slender he is right now. I don’t want him to ruin his technique due to gain muscles on his upper body.
That isnt his body type for starters, remember he has just turned 21, I never said to build muscle for the top part of his body,
I will be interested to hear, if any, the plans going forward Cahill has instore for him

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
That isnt his body type for starters, remember he has just turned 21, I never said to build muscle for the top part of his body,
I will be interested to hear, if any, the plans going forward Cahill has instore for him
They should ask Federer, Berdych and Karatsev on how they were to built calves and thigh muscles lolz

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I found this 'ironic' from last nights match,

No other player has won more matches, saving match points, than Jannik (4) this year.I think he'd happily trade them all in to get the win last night.

Reactions: AnonymousFan

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Cahill will be like: “Jannik, no more skiing from you. We are going to Florida or Vegas and have you do intense workout training under the hot, humid weather!”

Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

Hailz

The Tennis Kid
Reactions
This match must have been something to watch. I am going to have to watch the replay of it at some point. I did see the point where Carlitos hit the behind the back shot on video and that was one of the most awesome shots I have ever seen in my life.

Congrats to Carlitos.

Reactions: Moxie

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
In all seriousness, I don’t want Cahill to push Sinner to playing a lot matches so he can enjoy the grind or Sinner can qualify for the ATP Tour Final.

My ideal schedule for Sinner will be 2 250s, 1 500 and Paris Masters, that’s it. If he can somehow win 1 title in those 4 tournaments, that’s a good start after last night’s loss.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Their match last night ( morning) was a geat example of the thrill of victory and the agony of defeat.

Reactions: rafanoy1992

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
In all seriousness, I don’t want Cahill to push Sinner to playing a lot matches so he can enjoy the grind or Sinner can qualify for the ATP Tour Final.

My ideal schedule for Sinner will be 2 250s, 1 500 and Paris Masters, that’s it. If he can somehow win 1 title in those 4 tournaments, that’s a good start after last night’s loss.
Agree, it is like when you fall off a horse, you have to get back on it ASAP, if not, you lose your calm and game

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Agree, it is like when you fall off a horse, you have to get back on it ASAP, if not, you lose your calm and game
Correct! My only “worry” is that Sinner might play a lot of tournaments or overplay due to improving rankings and etc…

I don’t want him to be a Rublev or other players that needs to play a lot matches so he can gain some momentum back or they just lost a devastating loss.

I do trust Cahill to tell Sinner that. No need to overplay or play a lot of tournament to “overcome” a devastating loss.

Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

Hailz

The Tennis Kid
Reactions
It was the second longest match at the USO, the longest match was in 1992 s/final Edberg v Chang
Do you know what time in the morning it actually ended? I bet those players didn't get to sleep until really early in the morning.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Do you know what time in the morning it actually ended? I bet those players didn't get to sleep until really early in the morning.
I am not sure it finished my time 4,30pm in the afternoon