Administrator
Reactions
Frances leads the H2H
1662674174574.png

Reactions: AnonymousFan

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
I'm not saying I didn't feel bad for him. Hard loss. But he has work to do. Frances has done the work, and it is paying off.
Give Frances credit for listening to Wayne and execution of both of their plans. My body hurts just thinking about how much pain Alcarez's body is in and how much more Frances is going to inflict on it A couple of ice baths and being 19 years old should help but huge advantage to Tiafoe. There's no need for Carlos to practice, just light stretching and having someone stand three feet inside the court and start serving to him because Tiafoe s serve is a cannon.

Last edited:
Reactions: atttomole and Moxie

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Alcaraz is the youngest player at 19 years of age to reach the s/final of the USO, like Pete Sampras, in 1990, Pete was the youngest player to win the USO at age 19? can Alcaraz win and repeat the outstanding performance of Sampras? I believe he can.
First he has to defeat Tiafoe.,hopefully Alcaraz continues his winning ways at the USO and gets his chance to play and win the USO.

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
What if Jabeur and Tiafoe win the Open...hahaha

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Alcaraz is the youngest player at 19 years of age to reach the s/final of the USO, like Pete Sampras, in 1990, Pete was the youngest player to win the USO at age 19? can Alcaraz win and repeat the outstanding performance of Sampras? I believe he can.
First he has to defeat Tiafoe.,hopefully Alcaraz continues his winning ways at the USO and gets his chance to play and win the USO.
Alvarez is gonna be a great player but Pete Sampras was something special. ( Besides I know your other half would turn off your cable by you mentioning him in the same breathe with Sampras). Sampras fans are even more productive of his legacy than Fed and Rafa fans. I know because I am one of them

• Haha
Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I agree with you, i too would welcome a ALCARAZ win and the birth of a new champion. By the same token, you have to wonder what effect the previous 5 hour match will have on him vs the american TIAFOE, if the match develops into a long one.

Sundaymorningguy

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Night matches that go that long should automatically have press obligations moved to later after they have gotten sleep. I personally would have skipped the presser in favor of bed.

Reactions: TheSicilian

Sundaymorningguy

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I think Alcaraz will definitely be up for this. Other than Sinner, he has had a straight forward path to this point.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Tough one to call given Tiafoe is hardly a great clay player and yet the only match they played was on clay and he won in straight sets. Tiafoe's game is better suited to hard courts than Alcaraz but we've only matches against other players to gauge them on. Alcaraz as ever has struggled with multiple 5 setters but that shouldn't matter much. As good as he is he plays multiple 5 setters at slams and barely beat 33 year old Cilic due to Cilic blowing the final set. I can see Tiafoe possibly starting stronger and winning the first set with Alcaraz going on to win in 4 but Tiafoe if he serves better than he has up to now has a decent shot.

Reactions: the AntiPusher

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I agree with you, i too would welcome a ALCARAZ win and the birth of a new champion. By the same token, you have to wonder what effect the previous 5 hour match will have on him vs the american TIAFOE, if the match develops into a long one.
Yes that is a worry, though Alcaraz played a 5 set match with Cilic and came through well to play Sinner

El Dude

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
This kid is pretty good.

And congrats to Cameltoe for making it to the SF. See you next tourney.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
I think of the 2 it's definitely better for Tiafoe's chances if he wins the first set. Alcaraz can easily overcome a slow start but Tiafoe's best shot at this is win set 1 and keep the pressure on the rest of the match with the crowd roaring him on.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
LOL! that means Alcaraz will win,..............does anyone take notice of Tignor? honestly
Oh wait he had Fritz at the beginning of the tournament as his pick? LOL!
Well my gut feeling is Alcaraz will win 3-1 which would suit me fine so long as Tiafoe wins set 1. I think the fatigue will be more mental than physical for Alcaraz but it also wouldn't surprise me if Tiafoe won 3-0 if he starts well. Get this though, he's only served 51% the whole tournament and is in the semis. If he serves better than that he has a very good shot.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Well my gut feeling is Alcaraz will win 3-1 which would suit me fine so long as Tiafoe wins set 1. I think the fatigue will be more mental than physical for Alcaraz it also wouldn't surprise me if Tiafoe won 3-0 if he starts well. Get this though, he's only served 51% the whole tournament and is in the semis. If he serves better than that he has a very good shot.
I have Alcaraz in 4 sets,

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
I don't think Carlos body is going to allow him to compete like he wants too.