USO QF: Alcaraz vs. Sinner

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I don’t have a problem with him losing two set lead to Djokovic at Wimbledon because you can argue that’s his 1st lesson at Slams.

But, this is different. Yes, it is another lesson, but it also a type of lesson that could held him back.

We won’t know until 2023 or later…
I have faith in Sinner I will be very surprised if it does hold him back, yes, he does have things to work on, most players do, to me he is a very level headed and grounded young man, who wants to improve, it might just take him a bit longer that is all.A lot of p;layers dont hit their prime years till age 25, plus, remember he has just turned 21

Reactions: Moxie

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I have faith in Sinner I will be very surprised if it does hold him back, yes, he does have things to work on, most players do, to me he is a very level headed and grounded young man, who wants to improve, it might just take him a bit longer that is all.A lot of p;layers dont hit their prime years till age 25, plus, remember he has just turned 21
All I know, he will not win a Slam in 2023. His game is not complete and his psyche won’t be clear enough to win a Slam next year.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
All I know, he will not win a Slam in 2023. His game is not complete and his psyche won’t be clear enough to win a Slam next year.
He has to work on that serve agree and transition game,, I disagree with you on his psyche, well we have next year to see if or not he can win a slam, he will only be 22., he might need more time, which he has

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
He has to work on that serve agree, I disagree with you on his psyche, well we have next year to see if or not he can win a slam, he will only be 22., he might need more time, which he has
I will revised my saying: I don’t expect him to reach a Slam F or Slam SF in 2023 due to his game plus on how he loss to Alcaraz. I just think it will stay there in 2023 or early 2024.

I do think he should improve his results outside of Slams in 2023.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I will revised my saying: I don’t expect him to reach a Slam F or Slam SF in 2023 due to his game plus on how he loss to Alcaraz. I just think it will stay there in 2023 or early 2024.

I do think he should improve his results outside of Slams in 2023.
Well he just said this one will hurt for awhile, though he will wake up tomorrow and take the positives going forward? I like his attitude if any player dwells on tough losses too long of course it can upset their mentality, though I like the way Sinner at just 21 years of age has handled the defeat,fans have to accept their defeat of their players as well,

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Well he just said this one will hurt for awhile, though he will wake up tomorrow and take the positives going forward? I like his attitude if any player dwells on tough losses too long of course it can upset their mentality, though I like the way Sinner at just 21 years of age has handled the defeat,fans have to accept their defeat of their players as well.
One more thing: I like that he is taking the positives he will take forward. But let’s hope that translates into winning titles outside of Slams and potentially going deep at Slams.

Margaret, are you talking about yourself regards to Nadal?

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I would like to thank Carlos and Jannik for such a memorable match, went down to the wire, played like a final
Tennis was the winner of the night.Shame there had to be a loser.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
One more thing: I like that he is taking the positives he will take forward. But let’s hope that translates into winning titles outside of Slams and potentially going deep at Slams.

Margaret, are you talking about yourself regards to Nadal?
I am talking about Sinner and how he handled losing the match, has nothing to do with Rafa

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I am talking about Sinner and how he handled losing the match, has nothing to do with Rafa
I know, I am just teasing you because you were emotional when Nadal loss. Either way, they both will be fine!

I am just praying Sinner will come to the top in the future even with this devastating loss from him.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I know, I am just teasing you because you were emotional when Nadal loss. Either way, they both will be fine!

I am just praying Sinner will come to the top in the future even with this devastating loss from him.
I know you were teasing me with Rafa lol!
Well we have to keep the faith in Sinner, he will be fine

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I know you were teasing me with Rafa lol!
Well we have to keep the faith in Sinner, he will be fine
Okay, this might be a tease from me: In your own terms, what constitutes fine in terms of Sinner’s career at least for 2023 or 2024?

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Okay, this might be a tease from me: In your own terms, what constitutes fine in terms of Sinner’s career at least for 2023 or 2024?
Well I will say 2024, he will in a GS slam, so you dont tell me I told you he wont win a slam in 2023? lol! if he happens to win a GS in 2023 you will be told from me fair enough

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Well I will say 2024, he will in a GS slam, so you dont tell me I told you he wont win a slam in 2023? lol! if he happens to win a GS in 2023 you will be told from me fair enough
To be fair, I didn’t think he will win a slam soon even if he won tonight.

My thing is that the way he loss tonight could affect his improvement at the 2023 season.

I would say this though: If he can reach a Slam SF or Slam F in 2023, then this loss tonight would be forgotten. If not, and he stays at QF Slams, then it is still on his head at least for 2023.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
To be fair, I didn’t think he will win a slam soon even if he won tonight.

My thing is that the way he loss tonight could affect his improvement at the 2023 season.

I would say this though: If he can reach a Slam SF or Slam F in 2023, then this loss tonight would be forgotten. If not, and he stays at QF Slams, then it is still on his head at least for 2023.
Lets see how he evolves in 2023, remember he is still only just turned 21, their match was the best so far at the USO, should have been the final, in many ways,
Okay who do you think is the favorite now going forward and win the USO?

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Lets see how he evolves in 2023, remember he is still only just turned 21, their match was the best so far at the USO, should have been the final, in many ways,
Okay who do you think is the favorite now going forward and win the USO?
I don’t really care if the match should have been the final. I just wanted the win lol…

The only reason I say about improvement is because I don’t want him to get stuck at QF stage at Slam. Yes, he is 21 years old, but my expectations for him is to at least reach Slam SF and/or Slam F. I don’t want him to become a Rublev.

Alcaraz should be the favorite. I don’t really care who wins. I probably won’t watch a lot of tennis until AO23. Less post here too

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I don’t really care if the match should have been the final. I just wanted the win lol…

The only reason I say about improvement is because I don’t want him to get stuck at QF stage at Slam. Yes, he is 21 years old, but my expectations for him is to at least reach Slam SF and/or Slam F. I don’t want him to become a Rublev.

Alcaraz should be the favorite. I don’t really care who wins. I probably won’t watch a lot of tennis until AO23. Less post here too
I dont think he will be another Rublev help us lol!
I agree Alcaraz should be the favorite.
Well after the USO I hope to get more sleep as I am a walking Zombie until the tour gets back to Aussie and at least I can watch the tennis in the day and on my time zone.
Good talking to you as I am now going to get more sleep before the ladies sfinals.

Sundaymorningguy

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I don’t think it is that bleak for Sinner, but he does have to fix the weaknesses in his game sooner rather than later. There are several players that are improving and might just overtake him in progress. With all signs pointing to age among other things starting to show in Djokovic and Nadal, there is a definite race to strike while the iron is hot and assert your name in the mix for bigger titles.

Ricardo

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I wouldn’t say his tennis didn’t cost him. If he could rely on his serve, the mental aspect probably wouldn’t have been nearly as tough this match.
his tennis was good enough to take him to match point, any match that you can get to it your tennis is good enough. You don’t know what you are talking about, just like many posters here.

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I am curious to on see Sinner and his team will handle this loss moving forward. I am still hoping he doesn’t overplay, so he can get a proper training block with Cahill. Also, Cahill will probably tell Sinner not to think about Tennis just to decompress mentally. Either way, I am hoping for a strong 2023 for Sinner!

Sundaymorningguy

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
his tennis was good enough to take him to match point, any match that you can get to it your tennis is good enough. You don’t know what you are talking about, just like many posters here.
Sure his ground game is good enough to keep him in matches, but you don’t think that if he had a serve like say Rafa or Novak knowing he could rely on it more often than not to bail him out in tough situations would have made those crucial moments he encountered a bit more bearable?