Reactions
Who wins?

IMG_3032.jpeg
IMG_3033.jpeg

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Elina Svitolina WC vs Marketa Vondrousova

Elina coming back to the tour has made the QFs at Roland Garros and now the SFs at Wimbledon, she is playing like its '2019' that last time she reached consecutive major QFs and Wimbledon and the USO
Elina defeated the world No 1 Swiatek in 3 sets with a good game plan and kept to it for most of their match, she remained aggressive and in the end it payed off.

Marketa Vondrousova not known for her grass court play, more a clay court player, she made RG final in 2019,she had the worst grass court results coming into Wimbledon, though she has defeated seeded players to get to the SF, Bouzkova, Vekic, Kudermetova and the No 4 seed Jessica Pegula.
Vondrousova is a very tricky lefty player, she dosent give a lot of rhythm to her opponents, calm, cool on the court.
Elina cannot underestimate Marketa in this SF, if she does, she may come undone.

Reactions: AnonymousFan

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
I’m following my heart - Elina in 3..

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
The most impressive thing I have noticed since Elina has returned to the tour is how her coach Raemon Sluiter has really made Elina play more aggressive, which really helped her with her win over Swiatek.
Marketa breaks Elina to love, really attacking the Elina BH to get to her FH
I must say the lines people calls in the women matches have been mostly correct

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
A lot of tension in Market's game and Elina breaks straight back, a rather sloppy service game from Marketa
3 all
Elina facing 3 BPs again, has dropped 7 straight points on serve
Marketa slipped at the back of the court, appears okay
Markets breaks again, her fhand is giving Elina fits at present

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Marketa with a love service game consolidates the break she is really trying to break down the Elina's bhand with results
Marketa 5-3
Great running fhand winner from Marketa
Marketa has SP
Marketa has won the 1st set 63, as Elina;s bhand wide

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Elina in this 2nd set has to cut down on her UFE, she needs to relax at present Marketa is controlling this match and she has all the time to play her shots and is returning well.
Marketa with a BP tracking down a shot with her fhand and passed Elina
Marketa breaks again leads 2-0 2nd set
Marketa showing off her full range of shots now, being basically a good clay courter, understands all the dimensions of a court, she was in the final of RG in 2019 against Ash Barty
Markets consolidates and leads 3-0 2nd set

Last edited:

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Looks like Supermom is having a letdown after so many emotional matches. Unfortunate this match isn't more competitive for a SF

Reactions: Moxie

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Looks like Supermom is having a letdown after so many emotional matches. Unfortunate this match isn't more competitive for a SF
Hi, yes Elina full of tension since this match started, though full credit to Marketa, I think a lot of people underestimated her play

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Hi, yes Elina full of tension since this match started, though full credit to Marketa, I think a lot of people underestimated her play
I didn't. I remember how she played when she reached the RG final. Really thought she had a chance until she ran into that buzzsaw named Iga

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Marketa is destroying Svitolina..

PhiEaglesfan712

Masters Champion
Reactions
"Markets consolidates and leads 3-0 2nd set"

I guess it's a great time to put money into stocks, lol. (Or to place a bet on Vondrousova.)

In all seriousness, this isn't a surprise at all. The only surprise is that it took Vondrousova this long to get back. She made a slam final when the competition was decent, and players like Barty, Osaka, Serena, Halep were playing at a high level.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I'm sure the admin's wonder why they bother posting a schedule when I refuse to look at it. I was so sure that the match didn't start til later that I didn't turn on the TV. Idiot. Sorry to see Svitolina not having a better day.