27. Anastasia Potapova
28. Anhelina Kalinina
29. Elisabetta Cocciaretto
30. Sorana Cirstea
31. Marie Bouzkova
32. Elise Mertens

us-open-tournament-page-2021.jpg

The Tournament:

The US Open Tennis Championships, commonly called the US Open, is a hardcourt tennis tournament held annually in Queens, New York. Since 1987, the US Open has been chronologically the fourth and final Grand Slam tournament of the year, except for 2020. The other three, in chronological order, are the Australian Open, French Open and Wimbledon. The US Open starts on the last Monday of August and continues for two weeks, with the middle weekend coinciding with the US Labor Day holiday. The tournament is one of the oldest tennis championships in the world, originally known as the U.S. National Championship, for which men's singles and men's doubles were first played in August 1881. It is the only Grand Slam that was not affected by cancellation of World War I and World War II or interrupted by the COVID-19 pandemic in 2020.

About New York City:

New York, often called New York City or NYC, is the most populous city in the United States. With a 2020 population of 8,804,190 distributed over 300.46 square miles (778.2 km2), New York City is the most densely populated major city in the United States. The city is more than twice as populous as Los Angeles, the nation's second-largest city. New York City is situated at the southern tip of New York State. Situated on one of the world's largest natural harbors, New York City comprises five boroughs, each of which is coextensive with a respective county. The five boroughs, which were created in 1898 when local governments were consolidated into a single municipality, are: Brooklyn (Kings County), Queens (Queens County), Manhattan (New York County), the Bronx (Bronx County), and Staten Island (Richmond County). New York City is a global city and a cultural, financial, high-tech, entertainment, glamor, and media center with a significant influence on commerce, health care and scientific output in life sciences, research, technology, education, politics, tourism, dining, art, fashion, and sports. Home to the headquarters of the United Nations, New York is an important center for international diplomacy, and it is sometimes described as the world's most important city and the capital of the world.

Unisphere_at_night_(cropped).jpg

Tourism Guide:

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
WTA really want this little brat to happen,they wanted her to play Venus and didn't.She is playing Sloane because they really want her to break out like pova.They tried with Coco and failed,tried with Venus and now Sloane.Let her play Pegula or Danielle Collins..
Tossip,

Just finished looking at the draw for both the men and women at the USO
Your favorite youngster Andreeva is drawn to play Coco Gauff in the 2nd round, I hope this dosent upset your day

• Haha
Reactions: kskate2 and tossip

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Projected QFs by seedings,

(1) Swiatek vs (6) Gauff
(3) Pegula vs (7) Garcia
(4) Rybakina vs (8) Sakkari
(2) Sabalenka vs (5) Jabeur

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Notable 1st round matches,

Collins - L. Fruhvirtova
Rybakina - Kostyuk
Haddad Maia - Sloane Stephens
Girogi - Pegula
Badosa - V. Williams
Kasatkina- Parks

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I have a couple of injury concerns with the top players,
Rybakina who had to withdraw from Cinncy with shoulder problems, it also was a concern for her in Montreal, though she made the right decision to me and retired at Cinncy.
Jabeur who has finalist points to defend, had a foot problem, in her match against Sabalenka at Cinncy, Ons this year has picked up a lot of injuries
I also have a concern with Badosa and her back? she has withdrawn from a lot of tournaments this year, being off the court, more than on.

Last edited:

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Tossip,

Just finished looking at the draw for both the men and women at the USO
Your favorite youngster Andreeva is drawn to play Coco Gauff in the 2nd round, I hope this dosent upset your day
Someone might take out the brat in the first round.Someone is busy using the sisters to prop up this brat...why.Isnt she interesting on her own,and now they are using Coco.I dislike this little girl because she is not that talented and why is she being shoved down our throats.At least Scone understood the assignment....

Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Someone might take out the brat in the first round.Someone is busy using the sisters to prop up this brat...why.Isnt she interesting on her own,and now they are using Coco.I dislike this little girl because she is not that talented and why is she being shoved down our throats.At least Scone understood the assignment....
Sloane and Andreeva are completing their match now in Cleveland, Sloane still has the break in the 2nd set, so unless Scone shows up lol! Sloane will defeat Andreeva and play the QFs later in the day
Sloane did defeat Andreeva 63 63 and will play a QF match later today against S.Sorribes Tormo

Last edited:
Reactions: tossip

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Actually I dont mind Sabalenka's draw, she has the game to win the USO, it is all about keeping her margins intact, like any tournament she competes in

R1 Zanevska
2 Blinkova
3 Ka, Pliskova
4. Kastatkina
QF Jabeur
SF Pegula
F Swiatek

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Monday,
Top half of the women's draw will commence
Tuesday,
The bottom half of the women's draw will commence

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Notable 1st round matches,

Collins - L. Fruhvirtova
Rybakina - Kostyuk
Haddad Maia - Sloane Stephens
Girogi - Pegula
Badosa - V. Williams
Kasatkina- Parks
Jess has to be very careful. Camila is a giant killer. I saw a few more notable first rounders:
Lil Bit vs Alexandrova
Bebe vs Tsurenko
Clara vs Pova2
Strycova vs Kanepi
Trevisan vs Putintseva
Jasmine vs Osta
Kalinina vs SST
Tatjana vs Martic

Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
For the 3rd consecutive slam, the No 1 ranking is up for grabs.
Swiatek will spend her 74th and 75th consecutive weeks at the top in NYC fortnight.
Swiatek could see her streak end if she fails to go one round further than No 2 Aryna Sabalenka at the USO. ( Swiatek is the defending champion)

Reactions: AnonymousFan

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Paula Badosa has withdrawn ( stress fracture in spine) will be replaced by a Qualifer/ LL
Quite frankly Badosa needs to take the rest of the year off, I saw her practicing on the courts at NYC with you know who, her back/ spine needs rest.
Paula Badosa has used her social media page, just now, saying she is ending her season, unable to compete with her current spine/back injury. Good decision Paula come back bigger and stronger in 2024!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.