2023 US Open SF: Keys vs. Sabalenka

Who wins this US Open semifinal?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I have picked Saba at the start of this tournament to win, and I am not changing my mind now she has reached the SF, I realize she has to get over the mental block she has reaching SFs at majors, though this year she has reached 4 SFs at Grand Slams, this year. winning the AO in 2023.She has played under the radar so far at the USO, she has kept her margins which is vital to her, also her serve has been rock solid.

Reactions: AnonymousFan

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
2nd set was close, Vondrusova had 9 or 10 break points against Madison, didn't convert

Madison serve went from over 112 mph first set to 96 in the second. Madison head ain't right. Too tentative, she scared of losing.

A friend of mine mentioned these facts to me

I'm picking Saba

tented

Administrator
Reactions
2nd set was close, Vondrusova had 9 or 10 break points against Madison, didn't convert

Madison serve went from over 112 mph first set to 96 in the second. Madison head ain't right. Too tentative, she scared of losing.

A friend of mine mentioned these facts to me

I'm picking Saba
[Yeah, my head says Sabalenka, but my heart wants Keys.]

Reactions: the AntiPusher

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I changed my pick to Keys too.. @MargaretMcAleer @kskate2 Remember I said about a couple years ago that the only way Keys to win a slam , she would have to play someone's ballbasher mentality like hers .well Saba is that person although Sabalenka isn't as brainless as Madison
Well you have to support Maddison, I would not expect anything else from you

Reactions: the AntiPusher

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
I changed my pick to Keys too.. @MargaretMcAleer @kskate2 Remember I said about a couple years ago that the only way Keys to win a slam , she would have to play someone's ballbasher mentality like hers .well Saba is that person although Sabalenka isn't as brainless as Madison
After these two choke displays at RG and Wimby, I think Saba will right the ship tonight and make the final. Now winning the final is a whole other ball of wax

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
OK. Welcome to the chat for the 2nd SF. Who ya got?

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
see MM. It is the return of Ken Doll and MJ to call this 2nd match