US Open 2023 [Women] - Grand Slam

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhiEaglesfan712

Masters Champion
Reactions
Question. If Coco played Sabalenka for the title today , who ya got? I want to believe Coco is ready but I really not sure she can handle Sabalenka @Moxie @kskate2 @MargaretMcAleer convince me why she can
I'm taking Coco. To get to the final, she'd most likely have to slay the dragon again in Swiatek. Plus, getting her in the QF will mean not having to play Swiatek and Sabalenka back to back.

I think whoever wins the Coco/Swiatek match will probably win the US Open. But I feel that the Billie Jean King Tennis Center is the most fitting place for Coco to break through, especially with this being the 50th anniversary of BJK's victory in the Battle of the Sexes.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Question. If Coco played Sabalenka for the title today , who ya got? I want to believe Coco is ready but I really not sure she can handle Sabalenka @Moxie @kskate2 @MargaretMcAleer convince me why she can
If Saba can watch her margins I will take Saba, she has a bigger serve than Coco and is stronger off both wings, actually Saba has got a good draw, also again she is in the position of being the No 1 player at the USO, she has a lot to play for, though the pressure may get to her, her game suits the HC, like we saw at the AO.Coco cannot afford to play defensive tennis, at times she drifts back into being too defensive, also she has to go her for her serve, and believe in it more, though under Gilbert she has, one of the reasons she defeated Swiatek, though she also has to keep that up always, especially on a HC

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
The days of Vika wearing shorts have gone, she used to look good in them, though the green short suit she had on today in her match, just dosent suit her at all
Vika through in SS.
Watching Iga match, I dont get her half blue and half black combo?

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Menawhile Iga doing Iga things 1st set a bagel to Peterson
Iga still having some trouble with her serve, I feel it is her ball toss, her serve has been up and down this year to me.
Iga also having trouble when players go hard, and flat into her fhand wing,especially on a HC, she dosent have the time to adjust, a way of getting UFE from her.

Last edited:

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Menawhile Iga doing Iga things 1st set a bagel to Peterson
Iga still having some trouble with her serve, I feel it is her ball toss, her serve has been up and down this year to me.
Iga also having trouble when players go hard, and flat into her fhand wing,especially on a HC, she dosent have the time to adjust, a way of getting UFE from her.
I’d love to have seen Iga play Serena in her prime. Me thinks Iga would not have been handing out bagels.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Another match I feel also could be an upset is Rybakina (4) vs Kostyuk, Rybakina injured her shoulder in Montreal, retired in Cinncy, hopefully it is okay, though this is a hard first up match for her, as Kostyuk is a tricky player

Reactions: AnonymousFan

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I’d love to have seen Iga play Serena in her prime. Me thinks Iga would not have been handing out bagels.
Hello no..Serena had a very intelligent tennis mind,and was a very smart player that never got enough credit for outsmarting her opponents,and good example was the match against Azarenka in Madrid,countless times against Kim,and then when she beat Henin in Miami.People talk about her serve,to me her will to win was the greatest attribute.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Scone threatening to join Goddess in watching a two week long broadway show.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Banshee through in straights including a donut.
Seems to be the order of the day so far in the womens matches
Muchova also handed out a bagel to Hunter
Saville handed out a bagel to the Amercian youngster Ngounoue, who has a good variety in her game, junior GS champion, one to watch down the track

Reactions: AnonymousFan
Status
Not open for further replies.