The Small Screen: TV

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
britbox said:
Billions... Billions... Billions... cool show but I'm way behind you guys. Started watching it on Darth's recommendation. Loving it so far, but only on Season 1 Episode 8... but got this far in two weeks, so should be up to speed before too long.

I like both the leading characters - you kind of swing between wanting either one to get the upper hand... Kind of different from Game of Thrones, where you usually want somebody dead.

I'm jealous that you are nearing the season 1 finale, it is incredible. Season 2 just finished and it was on quite a high note again.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Anyone hear watch the show Fargo?

Season 1 was spectacular and season 2 is very good. Season 3 is currently airing, will have to watch at some point.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
DarthFed said:

Season 1 was spectacular and season 2 is very good. Season 3 is currently airing, will have to watch at some point.

I watched Season 1 - excellent. I watched the movie last weekend with the missus, very good also, but very different from the TV series, including the events. Season 2 is on the checklist further down the line. I think House of Cards returns soon and then we also have Game of Thrones coming up.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Yeah I still have yet to see the movie but it looks really good and had great reviews.

And yep, HOC is finally back on 5/30/17 and the torturous wait for GOT ends 7/16/17

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
DarthFed said:

I have watched 2 episodes..very excellent..it just only so much tv I can watch

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
DarthFed said:
Yeah I still have yet to see the movie but it looks really good and had great reviews.

And yep, HOC is finally back on 5/30/17 and the torturous wait for GOT ends 7/16/17

U never seen Fargo the movie?

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
DarthFed said:
Nope, haven't seen it.

It's a classic..it's really good ..from the two television episodes I have viewed it's the same type of format as the movie

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Except for the occasional cheesy lines, the Einstein Series by NGC is riveting. It has reasonable amount of science in it also. Any more science than what it currently has, will be very difficult to watch for general population. But, science is not the primary focus of the series; it is his life.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:
Except for the occasional cheesy lines, the Einstein Series by NGC is riveting. It has reasonable amount of science in it also. Any more science than what it currently has, will be very difficult to watch for general population. But, science is not the primary focus of the series; it is his life.

I'll check it out after I finish Billions. I love Geoffrey Rush as an actor, and he looks perfectly suited to the role...

WTA-rocks

Club Member
Reactions
The third season of Fargo just started recently, haven't seen it yet but it's definitely on the list.

I have ordered season 2. Never thought it was possible, the first season of Fargo was so good it might be better than the film.

Recently finished: Homeland Season 5 (excellent)
Currently watching: Colony Season 2 (good)
Next up: Sense8 Season 2

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Anyone returning to "Twin Peaks?" It's definitely still weird...and intriguing.

WTA-rocks

Club Member
Reactions
Currently watching:

Better Call Saul (season 3) - great
Outcast (season 2) - underrated
American Gods (season 1) - brilliant

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Can't believe there's a better episode on television besides last year's GOT"s Battle of the Bastards than Billions"The Golden Frog Time"..i think I have watched it about 15 times ..

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Can't believe there's a better episode on television besides last year's GOT"s Battle of the Bastards than Billions"The Golden Frog Time"..i think I have watched it about 15 times ..

Top episode. Great twist in the last 10 minutes. All caught up with Billions now. Good series but not in the elite like GoT and Sopranos.

Just been watching "The Fall' - series about a serial killer based in Northern Ireland. Gillian Anderson of X-Files fame plays the starring role (not the killer, but the main detective)... Good stuff.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Top episode. Great twist in the last 10 minutes. All caught up with Billions now. Good series but not in the elite like GoT and Sopranos.

Just been watching "The Fall' - series about a serial killer based in Northern Ireland. Gillian Anderson of X-Files fame plays the starring role (not the killer, but the main detective)... Good stuff.

The Fall is one of the many series I have to start watching actually. I've so many hard drives full of stuff that unless I live to be over 3 million years old, I'll barely get to watch any of it!

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
The Fall is one of the many series I have to start watching actually. I've so many hard drives full of stuff that unless I live to be over 3 million years old, I'll barely get to watch any of it!

The Fall is well worth a watch. Quality stuff.

House of Cards latest season was disappointing IMO. It got a bit beyond silly. Think I might consign this to the same fate as Walking Dead. Was great for a few seasons, ran out of steam and then just ran out of ideas.

Started watching Designated Survivor with Kiefer Sutherland. All good so far, but early days.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
The Fall is well worth a watch. Quality stuff.

House of Cards latest season was disappointing IMO. It got a bit beyond silly. Think I might consign this to the same fate as Walking Dead. Was great for a few seasons, ran out of steam and then just ran out of ideas.

Started watching Designated Survivor with Kiefer Sutherland. All good so far, but early days.

I haven't even got through HOC. I'm through episode 8 and it's been atrocious, bad enough that I wish I had those 8 hours back. After last season it didn't look like a show that had run its course but this season makes me think otherwise.

Ray Donovan starts back up in a couple weeks. Looking forward to that!

WTA-rocks

Club Member
Reactions
3 charismatic leads: Preacher season 2 is a riot.

a-promotional-photo-for-amcs-tv-series-preaher.jpg

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I haven't even got through HOC. I'm through episode 8 and it's been atrocious, bad enough that I wish I had those 8 hours back. After last season it didn't look like a show that had run its course but this season makes me think otherwise.

Ray Donovan starts back up in a couple weeks. Looking forward to that!

Designated Survivor is good. It's on Netflix, take a look.