The Small Screen: TV

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
^ I hear you though I actually consider Chuck and Bobby to be very similar, they are just playing on different teams. They both will bend/break the rules, both are manipulative and egotistical, etc. Both can play calm but eventually explode when things don't go their way.

I have no idea regarding Chuck's wife. It is an awesome dynamic between Wendy and Chuck and Wendy and Bobby. I have a feeling that she is going to somehow bring about the downfall of Bobby and Chuck both and through no major fault of her own. She is the only one that can make them crack aside from themselves of course.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
DarthFed said:
^ I hear you though I actually consider Chuck and Bobby to be very similar, they are just playing on different teams. They both will bend/break the rules, both are manipulative and egotistical, etc. Both can play calm but eventually explode when things don't go their way.

I have no idea regarding Chuck's wife. It is an awesome dynamic between Wendy and Chuck and Wendy and Bobby. I have a feeling that she is going to somehow bring about the downfall of Bobby and Chuck both and through no major fault of her own. She is the only one that can make them crack aside from themselves of course.
Hey do you guys ( oops KS just the way I talk) recognize the tall female associated attorney that
works for Chuck ..it's Ahmad and Phylicia Rashad daughter.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
My Lord , Billions was Brilliant..Darth, I have admit I was wrong about chuckles wife:snicker

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
DarthFed said:

I think may consider convincing my wife to dress up as Wendy Rhodes character for the next masquerade party we attend..lol (I know the thought has crossed you two guy's mind) ..again not you Miss KS :cool:

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
DarthFed said:

Hey do you guys ( oops KS just the way I talk) recognize the tall female associated attorney that
works for Chuck ..it's Ahmad and Phylicia Rashad daughter.

She's literally a heart-stopper! :basiate :basiate

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Finished the three seasons of Deadwood. Can't believe it took me so long to get around to watching it... only 9 years late. Quality, although the final end to Season 3 was a pretty limp. I think most of the cast were expecting Season 4 for an Emmy winning series... and then it got dropped. Apparently they are writing two movies to round it off all these years later.

Next up... Billions. Already started and watched the first three episodes of Season 1. Liking this show a lot.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Deadwood was very good but just a little over the top at times.

Excellent choice with Billions. It is a great show. Just 2 episodes left in season 2. I definitely liked season 1 quite a bit more but it's still been very good this year.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
And I forget, do you watch Ray Donovan? If not that's a good one to start. Probably my favorite show on Showtime at this point.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Deadwood was very good but just a little over the top at times.

Excellent choice with Billions. It is a great show. Just 2 episodes left in season 2. I definitely liked season 1 quite a bit more but it's still been very good this year.

The third season of Deadwood was the worst of the lot, but still OK. All the stuff with that silly acting group didn't need to be in there - it was an irrelevant sideshow to the mains stories... and the end was lame. Overall though, good viewing - Seasons 1 and 2 particularly.

Billions, yes - Season 1 is pretty good, I'll race through this pretty quickly.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
The third season of Fargo just started recently, haven't seen it yet but it's definitely on the list.

I watched a couple episodes of Hulu's new show The Handmaid's Tale last night. A little slow but pretty good, it's based off a popular 1985 novel

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Billions

BThe Golden Frog.. Wow what an awesome episode.. that was phenomenal.. :clap:clap:clap:clap

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
There is a new TV series titled "Genius". Gives a brief unstructured biography of Einstein. Produced by National Geographic Channel. If you don't expect to learn science from the series and if you don't know much about the life of Einstein, it is probably a good series. So far only one episode has been shown. It comes on Tuesday evenings. It has 10 episodes in total.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
Billions

BThe Golden Frog.. Wow what an awesome episode.. that was phenomenal.. :clap:clap:clap:clap

Maybe the best episode of the entire series so far. Just incredible.

And I hadn't realized before last week that we were down to the final 2 episodes. Before last night I'd say season 1 was a lot better than season 2. But after last night and the potential of another amazing finale it is a lot closer. I'd still say season 1 but last night just elevated this considerably.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
DarthFed said:
the AntiPusher said:
Billions

Maybe the best episode of the entire series so far. Just incredible.

And I hadn't realized before last week that we were down to the final 2 episodes. Before last night I'd say season 1 was a lot better than season 2. But after last night and the potential of another amazing finale it is a lot closer. I'd still say season 1 but last night just elevated this considerably.

Is Chuck's revenge against Axe that serious to loose out on those millions of dollars for his father, friend and himself..I got to believe Axe has an ace in the hole..wendy sex rump may comeback to haunt her..

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
^ Oh yes it is and that's part of what was so glorious about it. To cover his bases he had to lose that money. Homer wrote the Iliad almost 3,000 years ago and we just saw one of the greatest imitations of a Trojan Horse since the original.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
The "Golden Frog" episode was Billions 's version of the Game of Thrones tour de force "Battle of The Bastards " episode

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Chuck is now a certifiable psycho. I mean, really, Chuck? Really?

What a crazy twist, and twisted and crazy is Chuck? They lost
millions, right? Sheeeeesh! :lolz:

GameSetAndMath said:
There is a new TV series titled "Genius". Gives a brief unstructured biography of Einstein. Produced by National Geographic Channel. If you don't expect to learn science from the series and if you don't know much about the life of Einstein, it is probably a good series. So far only one episode has been shown. It comes on Tuesday evenings. It has 10 episodes in total.

Is it good, bro? I saw it advertised, but haven't got the channel...

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Kieran said:

GameSetAndMath said:

Chuckles isn't like his father, pride comes way before money. And winning this battle vs. Axe is worth more than those millions. What will be interesting is to see if they both go down for this, as Axe sabotaged the company but Chuck was aware he was going to do it and just let it happen. That's quite illegal as well. And how will sweet Wendy and her shorting the stock play into it? Oh boy!!

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Kieran said:

GameSetAndMath said:

Yes, it is reasonably good. Focuses, mostly on Einstein's sex life and has lot of cheesy lines like "When you are with a beautiful woman, time flies; that is relativity". You can find it online to watch it for free. I too don't have the channel.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:
Yes, it is reasonably good. Focuses, mostly on Einstein's sex life and has lot of cheesy lines like "When you are with a beautiful woman, time flies; that is relativity".

It's only "relativity" if she's your cousin... :snicker