The Small Screen: TV

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
I loved 24 mostly because of Sutherland so I will have try check that one out sometime soon.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Watching "The Crown" on Netflix. Loving it. Might only appeal to Brits, but pretty good. Not sure about Dr Who playing Prince Phillip or John Lithgow playing Churchill but the rest of it's casted well.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
I forget, does anyone else watch Ray Donovan here aside from me and AP? Season premier was tonight. I love the show but everything feels a bit overshadowed by Game of Thrones tonight and for the next few weeks.

As for Donovan the one thing I complained about at the end of season 4 is that the show hadn't really progressed. That definitely isn't the case anymore...

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
I loved 24 mostly because of Sutherland so I will have try check that one out sometime soon.
Jack Bauer was the greatest tv character in the history of television..only rival by Tony Soprano , may God rest the soul (James Gandolpini)

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
I forget, does anyone else watch Ray Donovan here aside from me and AP? Season premier was tonight. I love the show but everything feels a bit overshadowed by Game of Thrones tonight and for the next few weeks.

As for Donovan the one thing I complained about at the end of season 4 is that the show hadn't really progressed. That definitely isn't the case anymore...
All I can say is , GOT..WOW..I most definitely would bend the knee for Dany..acourse it's gotta be reciprocated by her , :devilfinger:

Reactions: DarthFed

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
BB, What did you think about the last episode of GOT..Here in the states , it's the most talked episode this season..Hell, it's been better than anything that been at the movie theater all this year by far.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Come join us at the other thread AP. Of course it's the talk of the states here, that was one of the best episodes in the show's history. And I try not to compare TV to movies too much but GOT exceeeds almost every movie in many ways. That is an interesting discussion to have...

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Just binged on "World War II in Colour" on Netflix. Great series. Hard to identify with the horrific suffering humans are capable of inflicting on one another.

In other news, Narcos Season 3 has arrived on Netflix with the focus on the Cali Cartel. Watched a couple of episodes. Looking good.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Just noticed Narcos season 3 is out. Definitely going to watch that soon.

Ray Donovan is through 4 episodes and it has been really slow so far. Not liking the direction it's going with Ray's wife and all the flashbacks. Still early in the season but it's disappointing so far.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Just noticed Narcos season 3 is out. Definitely going to watch that soon.

Ray Donovan is through 4 episodes and it has been really slow so far. Not liking the direction it's going with Ray's wife and all the flashbacks. Still early in the season but it's disappointing so far.
Ray Donovan has truly sucked this year..not even an outstanding performance by Mickey can save it.. it was truly du,b to kill off Abby

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Ray Donovan has truly sucked this year..not even an outstanding performance by Mickey can save it.. it was truly du,b to kill off Abby
Not so fast.. This past episode of Ray D was actually pretty good and now the show is showing the method behind the madness of the creators and producers.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Haven't watched any Ray D yet... but falling out of love with a couple of shows. Liked The Fall with Gillian Anderson for the first season, second season was average at best and the third season... I've checked out.

Narcos Season 3 isn't really a patch on the first two. I'm in two minds whether to persevere with it.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Anyone watched Bates Motel on Netflix... kind of a contemporary version of Psycho? I'm enjoying the first season... Mrs Bates is pretty good on the eye.

brokenshoelace

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
^^ Haven't seen it but I intend to.

Speaking of Netflix, MindHunter is brilliant. Must watch.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
I'm about halfway through The Punisher season on Netflix. It's good, not quite 9.0 IMDb material but an entertaining show. I still like Daredevil the most out of the Netflix Marvel shows.

I want to watch Mindhunter but it will have to be on my own. The wifey didn't appreciate the first 5 minutes of episode 1 too much :)

Did anyone get through the snooze fest that is season 5 of HOC? I still have the last few episodes but I'm in no hurry, they should just pull the plug completely on season 6 without Space Cadet.

Just saw the pilot episode of The Marvelous Mrs Maizel. It was really good, it's a comedy with an 8.8 IMDB on Amazon Prime. Main actress is the girl that played Rachel on HOC (Doug's obsession)

Last edited:

brokenshoelace

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I'm about halfway through The Punisher season on Netflix. It's good, not quite 9.0 IMDb material but an entertaining show. I still like Daredevil the most out of the Netflix Marvel shows.

I want to watch Mindhunter but it will have to be on my own. The wifey didn't appreciate the first 5 minutes of episode 1 too much :)

Did anyone get through the snooze fest that is season 5 of HOC? I still have the last few episodes but I'm in no hurry, they should just pull the plug completely on season 6 without Space Cadet.

Just saw the pilot episode of The Marvelous Mrs Maizel. It was really good, it's a comedy with an 8.8 IMDB on Amazon Prime. Main actress is the girl that played Rachel on HOC (Doug's obsession)

House of Cards had been one of my favorite shows but boy, was the last season a drag. The show is also starting to suffer from the "same old formula" syndrome. Season 6 should be the last, irrespective of Spacey's crotch groping tendencies.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
They've already officially cancelled it after season 6 and are going to reshoot it without having Spacey in it at all. It'd be terrible and won't surprise me if they don't even bother with season 6 in the end.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Haven't watched any Ray D yet... but falling out of love with a couple of shows. Liked The Fall with Gillian Anderson for the first season, second season was average at best and the third season... I've checked out.

Narcos Season 3 isn't really a patch on the first two. I'm in two minds whether to persevere with it.
Ray D was very weak this season.. even Mickey couldn’t save it