The ATP announces partnership with Saudi Arabia's Public Investment Fund

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
The ATP announces partnership with Saudi Arabia's Public Investment Fund.
The PIF will become the official naming partner of the ATP rankings.
They will also be a sponsor for IW, Miami, Madrid, Beijing and ATP Finals.. partner of NEXT GEN Finals ( source The Tennis Letter)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: AnonymousFan

tented

Administrator
Reactions

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions

Both Andy and Jon make sensible points regarding the potential Super Tour and the Saudi's involvement,and also good comments from Andy with the involvement of the WTA end of year finals being held in Saudi Arabia, we have gay women in the WTA and quite frankly the WTA have to think seriously about holding an event there, regardless of the money factor, the Saudis' treatment of women is highly offensive and at the end of the day, is it morally wise to subject the players of the WTA to play in Saudi Arabia, personally I hope not.

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Both Andy and Jon make sensible points regarding the potential Super Tour and the Saudi's involvement,and also good comments from Andy with the involvement of the WTA end of year finals being held in Saudi Arabia, we have gay women in the WTA and quite frankly the WTA have to think seriously about holding an event there, regardless of the money factor, the Saudis' treatment of women is highly offensive and at the end of the day, is it morally wise to subject the players of the WTA to play in Saudi Arabia, personally I hope not.
The Saudis want to take over sports.They are offering lots of money to atheletes to play in their country.They were offering NBA players billions to play ina league in their country and most of them refused.They mistreat people from Asia, Africa and South America.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
The Saudis want to take over sports.They are offering lots of money to atheletes to play in their country.They were offering NBA players billions to play ina league in their country and most of them refused.They mistreat people from Asia, Africa and South America.
I know money talks, still you have to weigh up if you can live with their laws and conditions in their country, personally I could not.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com

I won't be watching much in the way of sports soon! I'm not supporting sponsors of events that use "blood $" as well as mistreating innocents! :facepalm:

Last edited:
Reactions: kskate2 and tossip

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
They want to dominate the world a dollar at a time.I don't want the western world venues to be controlled by these sadists.The world would be turned backwards to the medieval times.I think they bought Queens event..just a feeling.

Reactions: Fiero425

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I think Roddick made a great comment in saying the ATP have 'leverage' and they should use it and shouldnt bow down in negotiations with the Saudis, in controlling when and where and what players can play in tournaments, though I would want they signed and sealed in a tightly bound contract for starters.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Then you probably shouldn't support anything from the US of A (not to mention the UK, France, and while we're at it, most countries).

True enough! I've already dropped GOLF after that Luv Tour debacle last year! I saw this happening w/ tennis and knew I'd even give it up after Novak's retired! That'll take me to 70 years old where I won't be that interested in the new wave of players like Alcaraz, Sinner, & Rune! :facepalm: :yawningface:

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
This is like inviting the devil to a cookout.These people don't value women at all,the tour will be taken back to caveman time.This money is tainted by the barbaric tendencies these people have.Shame on the WTA and ATP,the next thing women will not be allowed to wear short tennis dresses but cover themselves with an Abaya.

Reactions: Fiero425

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
This is like inviting the devil to a cookout.These people don't value women at all,the tour will be taken back to caveman time.This money is tainted by the barbaric tendencies these people have.Shame on the WTA and ATP,the next thing women will not be allowed to wear short tennis dresses but cover themselves with an Abaya.
They will sell themselves to the 'devil' no moral code what so ever!

Reactions: tossip