Super Bowl XLVIII

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Well, my wish of peyton going down came true.

But, I did not expect a blow out today.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Another funny stat. Apparently, the number of passes completed (by Peyton today) is
a record for superbowl it seems. Most of them are under 5 yard passes.

Finally, I hate it when the announces declare the winner as the world champion of
football.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:
Another funny stat. Apparently, the number of passes completed (by Peyton today) is
a record for superbowl it seems. Most of them are under 5 yard passes.

Finally, I hate it when the announces declare the winner as the world champion of
football.

Well in NBA and NFL it seems right to call them the World Champions. I have tough time picturing the CFL, Arena Leagues etc. being able to take on the NFL teams.

As for basketball...we know where the U.S. stands there.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
britbox said:
Boomer Berman on ESPN is a really irritating anchor.

This guy? Irritating?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TLG_LtWhj4

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Anyways...what an absolute dud of a game. From memory I think this is the first true blowout in a Super Bowl since Tampa destroyed Oakland in 2003. That was an all around team loss for Denver. A lot of the blame will go to Manning but the offense and defense were both awful.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
britbox said:
DarthFed said:
britbox said:
Boomer Berman on ESPN is a really irritating anchor.

This guy? Irritating?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TLG_LtWhj4

Yeah, that's the guy - although he looks about 20 years older now.

I know, I was just joking. Boomer is a legend here...in his own mind. I always found him annoying.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
DarthFed said:
Anyways...what an absolute dud of a game. From memory I think this is the first true blowout in a Super Bowl since Tampa destroyed Oakland in 2003. That was an all around team loss for Denver. A lot of the blame will go to Manning but the offense and defense were both awful.

Peyton played like hot garbage today, ans I never agreed with HU accessment of Russell Wilson. RW was poised and on the money, he should have been the SB MVP,the NFL always finds a way to screw up a wet dream.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
I think they got MVP right yesterday. That pick six really put the Broncos in a huge hole that they didn't ever have a chance to dig out of.

I do think Wilson gets a bit overrated but he is a well above average QB. He isn't very consistent throwing the ball but he was on point all game yesterday.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
DarthFed said:
I think they got MVP right yesterday. That pick six really put the Broncos in a huge hole that they didn't ever have a chance to dig out of.

I do think Wilson gets a bit overrated but he is a well above average QB. He isn't very consistent throwing the ball but he was on point all game yesterday.

Darth , RW is a very excellent 2 yr QB. Congratulations to Richard Sherman and the Seahawks, he will make coach dumbass Jimmy H pay for not drafting him out of Stanford,

I.Haychew

Major Winner
Reactions
The MVP should have been given to the entire Seattle defense. If it HAS to go to an individual, then I'd have given it to Percy Harvin. He made a couple of big plays, and just the threat of him making more seemed to open-up things for the Seattle offense.
Nothing against Smith, but he wasn't the MVP. The pick six was the result of a DL (Clemons?) hitting Manning's arm and the Thomas fumble was caused by Maxwell. Smith just happened to recover it.
Regarding Russell Wilson...I thought he had one hell of a good game!

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
I. Haychew said:
The MVP should have been given to the entire Seattle defense. If it HAS to go to an individual, then I'd have given it to Percy Harvin. He made a couple of big plays, and just the threat of him making more seemed to open-up things for the Seattle offense.
Nothing against Smith, but he wasn't the MVP. The pick six was the result of a DL (Clemons?) hitting Manning's arm and the Thomas fumble was caused by Maxwell. Smith just happened to recover it.
Regarding Russell Wilson...I thought he had one hell of a good game!

Can't look at Smith's plays like that. He still has to go out there and make those plays. Part of being great on defense is being a ball hawk and taking the opportunities that arise. Trust me when I tell you that there are a lot of teams that badly lack it. And the pick six was the biggest play of the game, IMO.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Of course the pick was the biggest play. It started the onslaught. I think alot of people take for granted how difficult it is to catch an interception (especially on a tipped ball). They're not receivers so they aren't used to getting the ball with any regularity. To be able to catch the ball, secure it and/or outrun the offense in a matter of seconds is no easy feat.

I.Haychew

Major Winner
Reactions
Don't get me wrong. I'm not ripping on Smith. He played a hell of a game. He put himself in positions to make opportunistic plays. I just don't think that he was the most valuable player. I'd have given the award to Harvin, Chancellor, or Wilson before I'd have given it to Smith. The pick six was sweet, but I think the pick in the end zone against the 49ers was sweeter, given the circumstances. If he isn't hustling to make that play, then SF still has three more chances to win it. Sherman May have saved the game, but Smith is the one who REALLY saved the game. Again, nothing against Smith. I love him and the Seahawks...but, in my opinion, he wasn't the most valuable player.

I.Haychew

Major Winner
Reactions
I recently heard a new, cool, nickname phor Russell Wilson..."DangeRuss" (dangerous). Phitting or not, I thought that was pretty clever.