Super Bowl XLVIII

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
1972Murat said:
calitennis127 said:
I can't wait to hear all of the football gurus and football fans who constantly burn incense at the Peyton Manning shrine explain this one.

What's the excuse this time? That he didn't have Calvin Johnson, Andre Johnson, Alshon Jeffrey, and Jimmy Graham simultaneously as his receivers to go with Demarryius Thomas?

Excuse? He hates Bruno Mars.

Well everyone will find something as an excuse for Peyton. They always have.

Seattle's defense is outstanding, don't get me wrong, but if Peyton was anywhere close to being as good as most people say, he would have done better than this.

He is so overrated at times it's unbelievable. He is a great QB but very far from the perfect or ideal QB he is often made out to be.

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
DarthFed said:
Only question is who is MVP of this game. It's Harvin or the guy who got the pick six

Chancellor.

He has been the best player on the field by far.

Riotbeard

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
To be fair Manning is kind of the Nalbandian of QBs, as far as ratio of achievement to talent.

On a side note, I can't stand Peyton Manning, so I am enjoying this a bit.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Is there a slaughter rule? After that clown tackling they might consider putting it in place.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Broncos on course to break their own record for getting blown away on the big day.

More dreadful tackling. I appreciate it's a collision sport but once you've got a guy in the open field, first objective must be to bring him down. Half of these guys simply have no tackling technique beyond a hit.

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Riotbeard said:

Me either.

MY Dad loves Manning. He flagged me for excessive celebration and made me go downstairs to watch

:cover

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Riotbeard said:
To be fair Manning is kind of the Nalbandian of QBs, as far as ratio of achievement to talent.

Manning is one of the 5 beat qbs of all time, there is no comparison to Nalbs

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
1972Murat said:
Manning has about 3 miliseconds to make a play. Wilson , on the other hand, was spotted BBQing on the field before throwing a TD pass. He had great protection today.

I'm sorry but that is just a typical idiotic analysis.

Wilson was getting swarmed in the first half. On most of his drop backs, he has been pressured. The difference between him and Manning is that he can actually move. He is mobile. Manning, on the other hand, is a statue.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
1972Murat said:
Manning has about 3 miliseconds to make a play. Wilson , on the other hand, was spotted BBQing on the field before throwing a TD pass. He had great protection today.

Wilson read War and Peace on his Kindle after that BBQ

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
And I'm not a fan, just being real. Peyton does have a ring but he clearly has not been great in the postseason for his career. But football is also a team game in the end..

Murat Baslamisli

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
www.drummershangout.ca
calitennis127 said:
1972Murat said:

Wilson was getting swarmed in the first half. On most of his drop backs, he has been pressured. The difference between him and Manning is that he can actually move. He is mobile. Manning, on the other hand, is a statue.

Thanks Cali...what would i do without you?

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Riotbeard said:

The way Nalbandian plays tennis and the way Mannjng plays QB are totally different. Ridiculous comparison unless you are going by nothing more than Slams and Super Bowls won.

Nalbandian's brand of tennis is much more similar to how Roethlisberger and Vick play quarterback. Brilliant improvisation and breathtaking plays/points.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Cali,
Don't hijack this thread w/ a lot of Nalby colloquialisms.

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
1972Murat said:
calitennis127 said:
1972Murat said:

Thanks Cali...what would i do without you?

One of my biggest pet peeves about NFL football talk is when people make a big deal out of the offensive line, one way or the other. It makes no sense in the modern NFL.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
It only took Denver 45 min to get on the board. :clap