The 49ers
49.JPG

or the Indians?
KC.png

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
KC versus Niners

If the Niners can run at will and chew up the clock keeping Mahomes off the field they have a chance.

However , Mahomes.

Mahomes doesn’t need a defense. His feet, mind and arm are his defense. He needs to be contained in the pocket, sides and secondary needs to be on guard... that means no Witherspoon.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
I got to think Reid gets his first ring next Sun.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I got to think Reid gets his first ring next Sun.

I hope so. As a Raiders fan, I should have a healthy dislike for the Chiefs but never have. I reserve that for the Broncos, Chargers, and Niners. Never disliked the Seahawks either, even when they were divisional rivals back in the day. Andy Reid is worth a ring, he paid his dues at Philly.

Despite Mahomes, I still think SF go in as favourites. But, I'll be rooting big time for KC.

By the way, is there any depth to the story that Brady might be heading to the Chargers?

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I hope so. As a Raiders fan, I should have a healthy dislike for the Chiefs but never have. I reserve that for the Broncos, Chargers, and Niners. Never disliked the Seahawks either, even when they were divisional rivals back in the day. Andy Reid is worth a ring, he paid his dues at Philly.

Despite Mahomes, I still think SF go in as favourites. But, I'll be rooting big time for KC.

By the way, is there any depth to the story that Brady might be heading to the Chargers?

Patriots fan here.

If there is any team he might leave the Patriots for, it’s LA because of several reasons;

1) It’s LA, THE Media capitol ala LeBron James/LA incentives to go; IMO no objections from Gisele there. They’ve lived in Southern Cal offseason previously, even sold a moated mansion to Dr Dre. Not a sacrifice for them as a family.

2) Rivers is done with the Chargers.

3) Brand new LA state of the art Stadium that needs to fill seats, what better way to fast track legit the Chargers in LA then getting the GOAT, offering him the moon.

4) On balance, Chargers have better offensive weapons ( WR’s , etc)for Tom to play with.

5) Rumors are a package deal, Josh McDaniels AND Brad

6) As much as people think Brady couldn’t leave the PATS, it’s been 19 consecutive years as starting QB, same Team and same coach. When has that EVER happened before? Not Montana, Favre, Manning’s, Marino, Drew, Unitas, YA Title, etc etc have ever been in Bradys position. It’s unique so who know what Brady thinks he can do with just a couple of years left

7). Brady let it known he wasn’t happy with the offense around him and yet the team couldn’t acquire the tools he needed. Personally I think they tried ( AB anyone?) and was just a perfect storm of bad things ( Gordon/drugs, N’Keal Harry as a rookie never blossomed, Julian injured, Gronk retired, and the Falcons guy was a bust) , never the less, I think Brady is pissed.

8) 19 years with Bilicheck is longer than many marriages.

having said all this , I cant see Kraft letting him walk away. While it makes no financial sense, I could see him offering Tom the biggest QB deal with incentives for 1/2 years. Not Coach Bill, But Kraft.

Last edited:
Reactions: kskate2 and britbox

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Bummer...I thought SF really had them by the neck for a while there. Happy for everyone else, as you seemed to want KC.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I'm pleased for Andy Reid. He got there eventually. Mahomes didn't have a particularly good game. Not one of the more impressive MVP performances... but I guess he got it done when it came to crunch. Happy to KC win. Not a riveting game... but the fourth quarter saved it.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Geeze, Andy Reid found a coach with worse time management skills than himself.

Kyle Shanahan.

2nd SB in 3years he blows a 4th Qtr double digit lead.

QB Jimmy Garappolo just doesn’t cut it.
Kyle Shanahan is an asshole..that's two Superbowl he has blown 28-3 and 20-10 leads in the 4th quarter by passing the ball..Now this moron says that he has no regrets..He is overrated and in close games his testicles shrink to the size of baby marbles..I am happy for Mahomes and Andy Reid.. Jimmy G and the defense was put in harm's way by a coach who doesn't have the innate ability to learn from his previously mistakes..it's a shame because although I like the Chiefs, the 49ers was the best team in the NFL all year until 6:49 in the 4th qtr.

Reactions: Fiero425

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions

Kyle Shanahan.

Jimmy was fine in the first half, but when the KC secondary got amped, he held on to the ball too long and didn't make smart decisions.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions

Kyle Shanahan.

To be thought of as a "boy wonder" , Kyle is going to go down as the dumbest play caller in the history of the Superbowl...Only Pete Carroll and the offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell for Seattle at that time has been dumber