Rugby Union

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
The good thing is they've been introducing players over the last few years, so it's probably going to be less disruptive than one would imagine. Just think of the situation at 10. Cruden has been playing that position for a long time now and if he's been fit would have pushed Carter for a starting role. Not to talk of Beauden Barrett the most natural replacement for Carter, but could play at 11 now that Nonu and Smith are gone. When you actually think about it, it's not as bad as it initially looks. More international teams would learn a lot by the meritocratic process that NZ employ. It means that a new member of the starting 15 probably has more than 20 caps behind them anyway

Mastoor

Major Winner
Reactions
Awesome win by ABs with so many players showing their masterclass, Dan Carter, Ma'a Nonu, Sonny Bill Williams among others. All that Wallabies scored when not having a player more was 3 points.

They are the first nation to win World Cup 3 times and the first to defend the World Cup.

Not only that 6 players will retire, Ritchie McCaw, Dan Carter, Ma'a Nonu, Keven Mealamu, Kieran Read and Conrad Smith, but also the coach Steve Hansen  is expected to retire after the Lion's tour. In my opinion he is  the best All Blacks coach since I follow All Blacks (since John Hart).

I don't know if you saw how SBW gave his medal to the boy who was attacked by security. Even in Serbian media, where they don't really follow rugby, they admire him for that.

I think celebrations will continue in New Zealand for the rest of the week. Many call for McCaw to be knighted. I don't know why not Dan Carter as well.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
I don't believe Kieran Read is going to retire. Where did you hear that? News to me! He's the captain in waiting

Mastoor

Major Winner
Reactions
Federberg said:
I don’t believe Kieran Read is going to retire. Where did you hear that? News to me! He’s the captain in waiting

You are right it's Woodcock retiring not Read.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
RBS-6-Nations-Logo-Header.png

It's that time of year again @Federberg - The RBS 6 Nations.

I think this is one of the most open championships for years.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
RBS 6 Nations Round 1

Scotland 9 England 15

Anthems: (Love Flower of Scotland @EquineAnn)

Match Highlights

Post Match Press Conference

France 23 Italy 21

Anthems

Last edited:

Horsa

Equine-loving rhyme-artist
Reactions
RBS 6 Nations Round 1

Scotland 9 England 15

Anthems: (Love Flower of Scotland @EquineAnn)

Match Highlights

Post Match Press Conference

France 23 Italy 21

Anthems

Match Highlights

I like flower of Scotland but prefer Scotland's old unofficial national anthem which is Scotland the brave. I have my reasons for this but they are long & complex to go into detail here.Thank you very much for mentioning me.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
@EquineAnn - I love flower of scotland, even being welsh. When they sung it at the 1990 Grand Slam decider with England, it gave me goosebumps.... England were massive favourites and Scotland turned them over. The rendition of Flower of Scotland was incredible that day.

Horsa

Equine-loving rhyme-artist
Reactions
That's great. That's the only British ancestry I haven't got in me. I was born & live in England but I've got 12 lots of Scottish ancestors & 2 lots each of Irish & English & I've got Scottish hair & tastes & I feel more Scottish than English.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
haha! A great match! Brings it all back. How awful were England!?

I have a suspicion the result will be a bit different this time. Wales have it in them to win, but this will be tough. I get butterflies just thinking about it.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
England are favourites IMO @Federberg, but it will be tight. One thing Wales can do though that England seem almost incapable of, is playing improvised rugby when they need to... England have power, pace but seem to lack imagination and a Plan B when things aren't going their way. Wales have that in their favour. Both teams are stronger than the World Cup outfits.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
England are favourites IMO @Federberg, but it will be tight. One thing Wales can do though that England seem almost incapable of, is playing improvised rugby when they need to... England have power, pace but seem to lack imagination and a Plan B when things aren't going their way. Wales have that in their favour. Both teams are stronger than the World Cup outfits.
yes agreed. You're right about England. It seems to be something in the dna of both the football and rugby teams. As individuals the players have incredible talent, but somehow seem to lack fluidity

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I just watched the last few minutes of the Japan / South Africa match again :) What a great world cup it was (even with England's early demise).

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
britbox Other Sports 4
Federberg Other Sports 3