Rugby Union

Horsa

Equine-loving rhyme-artist
Reactions
We always used to watch Cas & Featherstone matches in our house when I was younger as Mother was a big Cas fan & Dad was a big Featherstone fan. You should've heard the arguments when they were playing each other. I went upstairs to read or practise my songs for choir out of the way. I was glad when Dad went off watching rugby regularly as it stopped my poor ears from aching until he started arguing for the sake of it. I'll do almost anything for peace now. Lol.

Last edited:

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Great win by Scotland. Looking forward to Ireland - England. Should be a cracker. Is Gatland getting a bit stale BB?

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Scotland beat England.

I won't say who won in the Ireland V Wales match though as I don't want to upset Britbox.

Not too down about it. It was a good match, 30-27 with the ball in Wales hands - last possession really... loose pass... interception and Ireland seal the win. Dublin's a tough place to go and win, even though Wales have a pretty good track record there.

Horsa

Equine-loving rhyme-artist
Reactions
Not too down about it. It was a good match, 30-27 with the ball in Wales hands - last possession really... loose pass... interception and Ireland seal the win. Dublin's a tough place to go and win, even though Wales have a pretty good track record there.
I'm glad you aren't too upset about it. It was indeed. If 2 good teams are playing & it's a close match it only takes 1 mistake to lose & sometimes it's just a matter of time as to who wins & loses. It's easier to accept a loss when things are close.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Great win by Scotland. Looking forward to Ireland - England. Should be a cracker. Is Gatland getting a bit stale BB?

I'm going to say no... I thought he was a couple of years ago... but they are playing more expansive rugby... a more "welsh style' now than they ever have done during Gatland's tenure. I think the New Zealand tour opened him up to the idea that Wales needed a different philosophy to even compete down there... and they did for the first couple of matches.

Wales are in a transitional phase. Both of the games they lost (England, Ireland) were winnable and they've got the French and Italians up next (both of which i expect them to win)... 3 win campaign sounds about right... we're moving to a more expansive game with a Scarlets core as opposed to the more physical approach with an Ospreys/Blues core...

I'll give Gats a pass - I'm liking the rugby even though it's not necessarily translated to results yet.

Pretty surprised Scotland beat England. Scotland are better than their first match destruction by Wales suggested but even so... By the time England even got going they were way down on the scoreboard.

England/Ireland match may be the championship decider unless England fail in Paris... I expect England to win but the French are always unpredictable.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
This 2019 world cup is going to be fantastic.

Northern Hemisphere teams firing on all cylinders (OK, maybe not France... but they are so unpredictable anyway)... Wales beat the Aussies and the Springboks... sets things up nicely for that group in the WC - Wales v Australia.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Good win for England in Dublin and a good win for Wales in Paris. Things set up nicely in the 6 nations. I don't think any team will do the grand slam this year and it'll be a 4 win team that lifts the title. World cup year though... exciting times ahead.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Congrats to the Irish on winning the Grand Slam @Kieran @Front242

Riotous living on the Emerald Isle these last few days, no doubt.

I don't think the English guy should have been sent off, but think Ireland would have won anyway.

Reactions: Kieran

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Congrats to the Irish on winning the Grand Slam @Kieran @Front242

Riotous living on the Emerald Isle these last few days, no doubt.

I don't think the English guy should have been sent off, but think Ireland would have won anyway.

Cheers brother! They were immense this time and they did really well yesterday - despite England’s decline they were always going to be tough.

The big one is the World Cup now. Last World Cup, Ireland peaked too early and looked knackered when they got there. This time they have a tough group to navigate, followed by potentially France or NZ, I think.

But that’s a long way off. This was a magnificent achievement!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
britbox Other Sports 4
Federberg Other Sports 3