Rugby Union

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Mastoor said:
What a morning! First No1e destroyed #2 player and then ABs destroyed their foe 62-13. One can almost say this was Baby Lomu vs France, since Savia scored 3 tries. I hope AB will stay in this form in next two matches and I am looking forward to the semifinal. They are always motivated against Boks too.

Good day at the office for you @Mastoor. I think the All Blacks will beat the Boks too in a very physical match.

Ireland v Argentina will be a good match tonight. I think the Aussies should beat Scotland with some to spare.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
I can't see how the All Blacks can lose to South Africa. There is simply not enough creativity in the South African game at the moment. They might lose to them, but it will because of a loss of form. I thought Australia were impressive against England, but this... this!

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Not enough people paid Argentina respect. I am not surprised by this at all. Southern Hemisphere rules union right now, and it's not even close

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
@Federberg - Looks like you nailed the predictions.  Argentina are giving the Irish a hiding.  @Alien will be happy for the Pumas!

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
It would make me laugh if Scotland manage to ruin my southern hemisphere semis call :yahoo:

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
There's going to be a lot of wailing and gnashing of teeth about what to do about the state of the Northern Hemisphere game

Alien

Reactions
Indeed so happy I am about to cry. I also thought that all Southern SF was possible but not like this. .. 

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
I'm actually really sad to be right. Never liked Scottish rugby, I'll freely admit, but that was a harsh loss. I was gutted for them in the end. That's what this world cup does! It's extraordinary. On current form it should be a NZ - Arg final

Mastoor

Major Winner
Reactions
This all looks like extended  Tri Nations Cup (now with Argos added, it is called The Rugby Championship).

I too would like to see All Blacks vs Pumas in the final.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
So, the final four...
NEW ZEALAND vs SOUTH AFRICA
AUSTRALIA vs ARGENTINA
The All Blacks and the Aussies will enter their respective matches as heavy favourites... I think NZ will prevail, but Argentina made a huge statement vs Ireland - not just by winning, but in the manner in which they won.  I think they have a shot at upsetting Australia... although gun to head, I would still pick the Wallabies.

Mastoor

Major Winner
Reactions
Kids joke:

Three French players were admitted to the hospital after the quarterfinal. Injuries are savia.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
These are going to be some brutal matches this weekend. I'm expected rugby played at a ridiculously high level in both semis. I watch as may Rugby Championship tests as I can, it's always so much better than 6 nations fare. I'm guessing it's going to be a NZ v Australia final, but anything can happen. One funny thing though.. I went to England's first match in 2007 at Stade Francais. That was the 36 0 drubbing the Boks gave them. But what happened after? England got to the final and put up a good contest against the eventual champions the Boks. Wouldn't it be funny if the contestants of the match I've seen this time around end up in the final again? In this case it would be the All Blacks vs Argentina. I wouldn't complain!  :yahoo:

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Federberg said:
These are going to be some brutal matches this weekend. I’m expected rugby played at a ridiculously high level in both semis. I watch as may Rugby Championship tests as I can, it’s always so much better than 6 nations fare. I’m guessing it’s going to be a NZ v Australia final, but anything can happen. One funny thing though.. I went to England’s first match in 2007 at Stade Francais. That was the 36 0 drubbing the Boks gave them. But what happened after? England got to the final and put up a good contest against the eventual champions the Boks. Wouldn’t it be funny if the contestants of the match I’ve seen this time around end up in the final again? In this case it would be the All Blacks vs Argentina. I wouldn’t complain!
wpml_yahoo.gif

Can't wait mate. Some great rugby ahead. A bit disappointed no northern hemisphere teams are represented, but C'est la vie. I think the semis will be very physical. I think it will be a NZ / Wallabies final... but if I had to pick an upset it would be the Pumas taking out Australia.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
I'm watching mate. Fascinating start. All Blacks kicking a bit too much and giving up way too many penalties. Going to be a tight one

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Federberg said:
I’m watching mate. Fascinating start. All Blacks kicking a bit too much and giving up way too many penalties. Going to be a tight one

Yeah, All Blacks really sloppy with discipline so far.

Last edited:

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
I have a feeling this is going to go the way of recent matches. Very tight, but better conditioning from the All Blacks will tell in the last 10 minutes

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Here we go squidgy bum time now. Let's see what happens. I agree though. Not been a top AB performance

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
britbox Other Sports 4
Federberg Other Sports 3