Rugby Union

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
You simply can't keep that level of defence up for 80 minutes

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Can't stay up for the Wallabies/Pumas but I think it's closer to call than many think.  Still, I'm going with the Wallabies to prevail.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Wallabies win a litle more comfortabley than expected.

So the Rugby Union World Cup Final:
AUSTRALIA
v
NEW ZEALAND

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
It's going to be a cracker. The Wallabies semis was a strange match. The number of times the Pumas got to the Australian 22 only to have the ball pinched at the breakdown was scandalous. I could scarcely credit it. I think this match was more to do with Argentina playing terribly than Australia doing that well. Really looking forward to this final. The All Blacks should win, but fair play to the Wallabies they beat them in Sydney this year. But not many remember that in the final Bledisloe match in New Zealand, the All Blacks gave them a terrible beating. If New Zealand can hold their own at the breakdown, it's hard to see how Australia can win. I think it will be tight, but I suspect New Zealand will pull away in the end. Not sure what the weather will be like next Saturday, that could be a factor. So exciting!

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
Where and when are they playing?  Go New Zealand!!!

Mastoor

Major Winner
Reactions
They play in one of the most famous rugby venues, Twickenham Stadium which is somewhere in London (right in between Wimbledon and Heathrow Airport),  at 4pm GMT on Saturday 31 October.

Go The All Blacks!

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Finally found a sport where Billie, Mastoor and I are rooting for the same side.  Go Kiwis!

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Even more shocking I'm on the same side as you too Moxie!  :yahoo:

Mastoor

Major Winner
Reactions
Cool, so we have a consensus pretty much except that britbox must be on the other side for couple of reasons.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Mastoor said:
Cool, so we have a consensus pretty much except that britbox must be on the other side for couple of reasons.

A bit indifferent to be honest. I live in Oz, so feel a bit obliged to pull for the Wallabies, but was born in Wales, and like NZ it is our national sport and always a good opportunity to stick one on the "big brother" neighboring nation. (Read Australia and England). If I wasn't living in Oz, I'd be rooting for the Kiwis... and f**k it, I'll root for them anyway.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Just sat down to watch, and decided I want the Wallabies to win.  Might as well root for the underdog.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Yup I watched it. A bit shaky from some serious drinking. What a final! Carter's drop goal was just ridonkulous! Great great final. Very happy about the result. And in a perverse way ended up being happy that the Wallabies were able to mount a fight back... for a while

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Federberg said:
Yup I watched it. A bit shaky from some serious drinking. What a final! Carter’s drop goal was just ridonkulous! Great great final. Very happy about the result. And in a perverse way ended up being happy that the Wallabies were able to mount a fight back… for a while
I know nothing about rugby, and that drop goal was breathtaking.

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
Congratulations to the All Blacks!!!   And to Mastoor! :yahoo:

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Congrats to the All Blacks - back to back world champions.

Six players hanging up their international rugby boots from the starting 15.

They usually have plenty of depth but how much it affects them going forward remains to be seen.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Great drop goal.. but I was thinking more on how badly affected the All Blacks will be now 6 of their top players have retired from International rugby. It's a big number to lose in one swoop.

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
Well, that is a lot of players suddenly retiring so it could be tough on them for a while.  I really don't know anything about rugby,  however, being it is their national sport, maybe they already have some youngsters that can develop pretty quickly.

Imagine what would happen to a national soccer team in case like that.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
britbox Other Sports 4
Federberg Other Sports 3