Rolex Paris Masters, Bercy, France - ATP Masters 1000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Step by step, we'll see how everyone is playing because every tournament is different. Today Felix and Medvedev look really well and I think to see both raising the Trophy in Basel and Viena but we'll see in Paris.

Reactions: Moxie

TheSicilian

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
It's b/c he's been the best player for the last decade +! He's defeated more top 10 players in history along w/ consistently making SF & finals! :fearful-face:
You have to admit he pretty much always gets some pretty average players in the early rounds of tournaments, at #1 it's probably earnt but he seems to get an easier draw more often than not :rolleyes:

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
You have to admit he pretty much always gets some pretty average players in the early rounds of tournaments, at #1 it's probably earnt but he seems to get an easier draw more often than not :rolleyes:

The problem you're seeing is the rest of the tour plainly stinks! They aren't even competitive even though physically they have the ability! :astonished-face: :face-with-hand-over-mouth:

Reactions: TheSicilian

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
It's kind of a bad look when you say that and they're in the same half, isn't it?

Context my friend... Djokovic avoids the opponents that cause him the most trouble Medvedev, FAA, Alcaraz, Evans and many players that have caused him trouble in the past... He gets Ruud and Sinner instead, players he beats in his sleep... Meanwhile Nadal got dangerous players early on like Shapovalov, Coric and Tsitsipas who often give him difficult matches... Next time Moxie, just automatically press "like" to my posts because they are always correct and knowledgeable. :bye:

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
I think it’s a great stage of things we’re at, where Rafa and Novak might meet each other in the semis. Time to equal up the H2H, it always felt ridiculous and a little bit fortunate for him, that Novak was ahead in this.

Charlie lost again today against Felix. I more and more think Felix is well named, he moves like a cat. He has a Sampras-like guile and swiftness about him. He’s doing well but he still has to breakthrough. He could be this years Zverev-Davydenko-Dmitrov winner at the WhatTheF*ck in Turin. Let’s hope it spurs him on to even better than them…

TheSicilian

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
I think it’s a great stage of things we’re at, where Rafa and Novak might meet each other in the semis. Time to equal up the H2H, it always felt ridiculous and a little bit fortunate for him, that Novak was ahead in this.

Charlie lost again today against Felix. I more and more think Felix is well named, he moves like a cat. He has a Sampras-like guile and swiftness about him. He’s doing well but he still has to breakthrough. He could be this years Zverev-Davydenko-Dmitrov winner at the WhatTheF*ck in Turin. Let’s hope it spurs him on to even better than them…
Rafa hasn't beat Novak in a best of 3 HC match in almost a decade, I'm glad your positive about improving the H2H but I don't see how the results will be different if they play in Paris or Turin?

TheSicilian

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
The problem you're seeing is the rest of the tour plainly stinks! They aren't even competitive even though physically they have the ability! :astonished-face: :face-with-hand-over-mouth:
I was more looking at early round opponents Rafa has had quite a few Kyrgios, Tsonga, Coric etc players in the early rounds while Novak quite often gets a qualifier or a player we have never heard of :fearful-face: I agree the rest of the tour is quite often not up to the task at the QF/SF/F stage but they usually still make it to that stage.

Reactions: Fiero425

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Rafa hasn't beat Novak in a best of 3 HC match in almost a decade, I'm glad your positive about improving the H2H but I don't see how the results will be different if they play in Paris or Turin?

Most of the matches you are talking about were in 2015/2016 when Novak was in his absolute best and Nadal was in his biggest slump ever... Meanwhile in years like 2017/early 2018 when it was the opposite and Nadal was playing well while Djokovic was in a slump they didn't play. Context please. :facepalm:

Reactions: Kieran

TheSicilian

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
Most of the matches you are talking about were in 2015/2016 when Novak was in his absolute best and Nadal was in his biggest slump ever... Meanwhile in years like 2017/early 2018 when it was the opposite and Nadal was playing well while Djokovic was in a slump they didn't play. Context please. :facepalm:
Do you really see Rafa beating Novax in the SF at Paris or Turin? Unfortunately, I don't have a lot of hope Rafa can turn the indoor results around.

Reactions: Fiero425

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Then he’s overdue, right? A lot of them matches were during his slump, so I don’t see it as being a terminal Tennis disease. Get Rafa on his game and don’t even tell me the opponent or the surface, I’m gonna feel good about it anyway…

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Do you really see Rafa beating Novax in the SF at Paris or Turin? Unfortunately, I don't have a lot of hope Rafa can turn the indoor results around.

I'm not saying that he'd be the favorite against Djokovic on that surface/indoor, but yeah of course if he plays anywhere close to the first few months of 2022 then yes he can win.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
This has happened a couple of times in Rafa’s career, to bolster the H2H in Novaks favour, and I barely count the match at the ATP Cup (is that even still breathing?). Those smaller matches mean much more to Novak. Bring it in Paris!

:popcorn

Reactions: Nadalfan2013

TheSicilian

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
Then he’s overdue, right? A lot of them matches were during his slump, so I don’t see it as being a terminal Tennis disease. Get Rafa on his game and don’t even tell me the opponent or the surface, I’m gonna feel good about it anyway…
It's a good way to look at it! I think Rafa is better off resting ready for AO. But I will be happy for him to prove me wrong and play injury free and well in Paris & Turin.

Reactions: Kieran

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
It's a good way to look at it! I think Rafa is better off resting ready for AO. But I will be happy for him to prove me wrong and play injury free and well in Paris & Turin.
Plenty of time to rest for Australia. Get the Paris indoors and WhatTheF*ck outta the way first…

Status
Not open for further replies.