Rolex Paris Masters 2023, Bercy, France - ATP Masters 1000

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Ali and Novak's antics are mutually exclusive.. Come on Rob you know that's not a good comparison but I understand your message. Again Novak is who he is ! It was just an observation
I never liked Ali. All the showboating and trash talking. Being from Philly we were Frazier fans. Novak’s antics don’t even compare with Ali’s but both of them were two of the greatest in their sport.

Reactions: Fiero425

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
I never liked Ali. All the showboating and trash talking. Being from Philly we were Frazier fans. Novak’s antics don’t even compare with Ali’s but both of them were two of the greatest in their sport.
You're in a small minority because Ali was GOAT of Champs .

• Haha
Reactions: nehmeth

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Stefano's bh is flawed because he doesn't commit his "Still " head to the stroke. (Meaning he moves his head instead of holding it until the swing is completed ala Stan, Roger's or Richard G.The guy is so talented that he usually gets away with it catches up with him at times at the critical points in a match, IMO
I am just looking at the highlights of this match, this is where he should have a coach that can help him with this bhand and also his bhand slice, players attack it with results, it is his achilles heel, how long have we been saying that over the years, yet it still remains the same to this very day, he wont get rid of his dad as his coach, he tried Mark P, twice with no success., his father wont shut up during a match, no wonder he appears on a edge during matches. ( Grigor another player that wears his cap backwards, this is getting out of hand lol! )
Grigor usually folds like a 'cheap suit' when he gets to a business end of a tournament, though if he does get to play Novak in the final, Novak leads their H2H 11-1 I rest my case :).,also it his Dimitrov first Masters final appearance since 2017.

Last edited:

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
@Moxie: Rublev has improved tremendously over this year. He’s able to vary his pace. His backhand is no longer a liability and his slice is good quality. His serve has improved, still powerful but with some variety and better at hitting his spots. Most of all his belief has grown and he’s toughened up in pressure situations. It’s been nice to see the way he’s comporting himself out there today. Novak isn’t playing his best tennis, but that is due in some part to Rublev.

edit: and Rublev loses MP on a double fault. :lol6: Still room for improvement.

Reactions: Moxie and Fiero425

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
@Moxie: Rublev has improved tremendously over this year. He’s able to vary his pace. His backhand is no longer a liability and his slice is good quality. His serve has improved, still powerful but with some variety and better at hitting his spots. Most of all his belief has grown and he’s toughened up in pressure situations. It’s been nice to see the way he’s comporting himself out there today. Novak isn’t playing his best tennis, but that is due in some part to Rublev.

edit: and Rublev loses MP on a double fault. :lol6: Still room for improvement.
Well one of the main differences in this match was Novak's serve which improved during the match giving him free points, though from the baseline I was impressed with Rublev, Rublev's 2nd serve was getting clobbered from Novak.
I also noticed after Novak took a bathroom break and then came back out and got a trainer to massage his lower back, his serve improved during the 3rd set

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Paris Masters 1000 final,
Singles Final,
Not before 3.00pm,

N.Djokovic (1) vs G.Dimitrov Novak leads their H2H 11-1

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Well one of the main differences in this match was Novak's serve which improved during the match giving him free points, though from the baseline I was impressed with Rublev, Rublev's 2nd serve was getting clobbered from Novak.
I also noticed after Novak took a bathroom break and then came back out and got a trainer to massage his lower back, his serve improved during the 3rd set
Novak clobbers most players’ second serve. Yep, after winning the 2nd set (and having momentum), he took a bathroom break and got a back rub… it had been troubling him throughout the match.

Reactions: Fiero425

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Novak clobbers most players’ second serve. Yep, after winning the 2nd set (and having momentum), he took a bathroom break and got a back rub… it had been troubling him throughout the match.
Well his back rub certainly helped his serve in the 3rd set, anyway I cannot see Dimtrov troubling him in the final

Reactions: nehmeth

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Well his back rub certainly helped his serve in the 3rd set, anyway I cannot see Dimtrov troubling him in the final
It did. He was reaching and stretching every which way between points to get it to loosen up. Grigor is playing well, best I have seen him in years. Hopefully it will be competitive.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
It did. He was reaching and stretching every which way between points to get it to loosen up. Grigor is playing well, best I have seen him in years. Hopefully it will be competitive.
I am surprised Grigor has made a final, he usually folds before, we shall see.