Rolex Paris Masters 2018, ATP 1000

Who are you picking to finish up strong in Paris?

• Rafa

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Nole

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • Fed

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Sascha

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Cilic or other player

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I don't expect too much from Nadal in Paris but at least it will be a good training to arrive to London in better conditions. The #1? who cares about it, the most important is a healthy Nadal and to watch him on court. It's a shame how many good players are out because their injuries, Muzz, Stan, Delpo, Kyrgios, Tsonga, Edmund....next? and the Next Gen...ptttffff

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Rafa gets cup cake draw again (although Veradsco can take him out when the fisherman is rusty).
You really only say this because Roger fell on Novak's half. Otherwise, the draw is pretty balanced, IMO. Coric and Thiem (in Rafa's half) are doing fairly well this autumn, whereas Zverev, Cilic and Dimitrov (Novak's half) are not. Also, more qualifiers on the bottom half. I don't know why people still fall into the fannish trope of "cupcake draw," without actually looking at and thinking about how folks are playing.

Mastoor

Major Winner
Reactions
Did you guys discuss Grigor's new coach? Andre reminds me of Sharapova. She too first tried with Novak, but when it didn't work, she spent some time with Grigor ;)

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Did you guys discuss Grigor's new coach? Andre reminds me of Sharapova. She too first tried with Novak, but when it didn't work, she spent some time with Grigor ;)
Sharapova had an affair with Novak?

JesuslookslikeBorg

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
can you imagine someone pumping screamopova in bed ?. prob sound like a donkey shagging a moose.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Nikoloz Basilashvili, Georgia, def. John Millman, Australia, 6-4 retired.
Karen Khachanov, Russia, def. Filip Krajinovic, Serbia, 7-5, 6-2.
Damir Dzumhur, Bosnia-Herzegovina, def. Peter Gojowczyk, Germany, 6-4, 7-6 (5).
Roberto Bautista Agut, Spain, def. Steve Johnson, United States, 6-4, 7-6 (2).
Philipp Kohlschreiber, Germany, def. Robin Haase, Netherlands, 6-7 (4), 6-4, 6-2.
Adrian Mannarino, Italy, def. Ugo Humbert, France, 6-4, 6-2.
Joao Sousa, Portugal, def. Marco Cecchinato, Italy, 7-5, 6-3.
Feliciano Lopez, Spain, def. Alex de Minaur, Australia, 6-7 (4), 6-4, 7-6 (6).
Richard Gasquet, France, def. Denis Shapovalov, Canada, 6-4, 7-6 (3).
Frances Tiafoe, United States, def. Nicolas Mahut, France, 7-6 (1), 6-2.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Has Millman won any matches since defeating Fed @ the USO? It seems every time he has a chance, a big fat D shows up and he's gone! Last week he would have had another match-up against Roger, but he couldn't get out of the 1st RD! Same with Cecchinato after defeating Nole at the FO; been a non-entity since! What's up with these guys? :whistle: :nono: :banghead: :cuckoo: :help: :eek: :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
^ Different surface, different balls, different conditions, different opponents.

isabelle

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Tabasco beat Chardy
Medvedev beat PCB

Last edited:

isabelle

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
he said he"ll practice on a small court and 'll decide to play or not

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
He confirms his participation

monfed

Major Winner
Reactions
He isn't called frauderer for nothing

monfed

Major Winner
Reactions
Whatever little hope I had for Fed to win WTF is gone. I don't really understand wtf is he thinking. Is it like some farewell tour?

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Whatever little hope I had for Fed to win WTF is gone. I don't really understand wtf is he thinking. Is it like some farewell tour?

I'm actually wondering if that's part of it. He hasn't played RG since 2015 and I don't think he's played Paris since 2014.

monfed

Major Winner
Reactions
Fed is the biggest screwjob in tennis history. I can't think of another player who can mess up a perfectly good situation than him. This is exactly where Nadal and Djokovic have him beat. They NEVER screw up. They may get beaten soundly or they're playing just badly and lose but never do they lose when they're slated to win, specially Nadal.

Federer hasn't put a foot right since Wimbledon 2017. Plays Montreal after injuring himself at a Coldplay concert. Why on earth he would play Canada god only knows. No better opportunity to win USO with faker out and dull being his pigeon all season. But ofcouse messes up his entire season with USO and WTF, two places he should've been at atleast 7. He almost screwed up AO too with Cilic winning the 4th set and almost breaking Fed in the fifth. Finally the huge shitpile of bad decisions catches up at yet another chokefest at IW and derails his entire season.

Such a shame this Federer, could've easily been at 22-25 slams by now with 7-8 WTFs. Bloody moron.

Last edited:
Reactions: The_Grand_Slam

atttomole

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I'm actually wondering if that's part of it. He hasn't played RG since 2015 and I don't think he's played Paris since 2014.
I am thinking he is doing it for Uniqlo. A dumb decision.

Reactions: Fiero425

atttomole

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Fed is the biggest screwjob in tennis history. I can't think of another player who can mess up a perfectly good situation than him. This is exactly where Nadal and Djokovic have him beat. They NEVER screw up. They may get beaten soundly or they're playing just badly and lose but never do they lose when they're slated to win, specially Nadal.

Federer hasn't put a foot right since Wimbledon 2017. Plays Montreal after injuring himself at a Coldplay concert. Why on earth he would play Canada god only knows. No better opportunity to win USO with faker out and dull being his pigeon all season. But ofcouse messes up his entire season with USO and WTF, two places he should've been at atleast 7. He almost screwed up AO too with Cilic winning the 4th set and almost breaking Fed in the fifth. Finally the huge shitpile of bad decisions catches up at yet another chokefest at IW and derails his entire season.

Such a shame this Federer, could've easily been at 22-25 slams by now with 7-8 WTFs. Bloody moron.
Not true. Djokovic and Nadal have screwed up too.