Rolex Paris Masters 2018, ATP 1000

Who are you picking to finish up strong in Paris?

• Rafa

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Nole

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • Fed

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Sascha

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Cilic or other player

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Actually, I'd say it's the complete opposite and that he's very immature with his behaviour. Smashing racquets, shouting like a clown and whining at his box like like Murray when things aen't going his way. Not a whole lot to like for many people, plus he's a 1 dimensional ball basher with absolutely zero plan B and hence why he's been losing with scorelines of 6-1 6-2 a lot.
Roger started out as a whiney racquet smasher, too. I said give these kids time. You don't have to, but I will. Personally, I think Sasha is developing more of a net game, which is good. He's got a lot of up-side. I like Tsitsipas a lot, and gained a lot of respect for KK today. I'm holding on Shapo. Most of the other 20-ish ones are farther down in the conversation, but they're not a bad bunch. Will there be a superstar? Hard to know. It's not like a super nova crosses the sky every day. Just because we've been living with them at this moment, doesn't mean we deserve one every 10 years.

Reactions: Fiero425

The_Grand_Slam

Masters Champion
Reactions
Actually, I'd say it's the complete opposite and that he's very immature with his behaviour. Smashing racquets, shouting like a clown and whining at his box like like Murray when things aen't going his way. Not a whole lot to like for many people, plus he's a 1 dimensional ball basher with absolutely zero plan B and hence why he's been losing with scorelines of 6-1 6-2 a lot.

These low bouncing middle paced courts expose his weaknesses.Plus he had a long season outside the slams.

His game thrives on high bouncing slower courts where his natural comfort zone camping behind the baseline comes into play.I think he will do very well on clay and US Open.Could see him winning RG,USO or both in the next few years.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
But, KK appears to be too old to play in MIlan where they give an Italian Model for the winner.
Like a Ferrari or Alfa Romeo, or perhaps just a cinquecento, as more befitting their station?

Mile

Masters Champion
Reactions
For youngsters it still "The fog" era. Not time, its era. Talking about physical structure, Kachanov doesnt fit so well as Zverev, so in long term Zverev will be more capable for GS etc, while Kachanov might get injuries pretty soon, so walking thru Nadals path. Thiem is still there, he have time to raise the game. I would NOT make future for Kachanov to early, 1 masters yet. We had plenty of "champions" for one day.

Let see London. But its end of season 2018, big shots are more on "retire" now and waiting GS.

Last edited:

atttomole

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Roger started out as a whiney racquet smasher, too. I said give these kids time. You don't have to, but I will. Personally, I think Sasha is developing more of a net game, which is good. He's got a lot of up-side. I like Tsitsipas a lot, and gained a lot of respect for KK today. I'm holding on Shapo. Most of the other 20-ish ones are farther down in the conversation, but they're not a bad bunch. Will there be a superstar? Hard to know. It's not like a super nova crosses the sky every day. Just because we've been living with them at this moment, doesn't mean we deserve one every 10 years.
Roger smashed rackets when he was much younger. By the time he turned professional, he had become more mature. I know that Riger’s tantrums are occasionally referenced on tennis boards when trying to prove that Roger is not as sportsmanlike as his fans think.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Roger smashed rackets when he was much younger. By the time he turned professional, he had become more mature. I know that Riger’s tantrums are occasionally referenced on tennis boards when trying to prove that Roger is not as sportsmanlike as his fans think.
Roger himself even admits that he smashed racquets in the early part of his professional career. He talked about it on the Strokes of Genius documentary recently. As a Fed fan, I'm guessing you didn't watch it. He generally says that after Peter Carter died, he decided to start behaving better on court, and that was when he was 21.

isabelle

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Roger himself even admits that he smashed racquets in the early part of his professional career. He talked about it on the Strokes of Genius documentary recently. As a Fed fan, I'm guessing you didn't watch it. He generally says that after Peter Carter died, he decided to start behaving better on court, and that was when he was 21.
he did it in Roma's semi vs Nalby and vs Murray in a US MS (don't remember which one)

Reactions: Fiero425 and Moxie

Mastoor

Major Winner
Reactions
Sharapova had an affair with Novak?

They were going out for some time in 2007, but I would call it affair since he didn't have a girlfriend at the time. Unless it was Sharapova herself.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
They were going out for some time in 2007, but I would call it affair since he didn't have a girlfriend at the time. Unless it was Sharapova herself.
An affair can also just mean a relationship with someone, if you're not married; it implies sexual, but not so longterm as a relationship. But I thought that Jelena was Novak's high school sweetheart. How long have they been together?

Reactions: Fiero425

Mastoor

Major Winner
Reactions
An affair can also just mean a relationship with someone, if you're not married; it implies sexual, but not so longterm as a relationship. But I thought that Jelena was Novak's high school sweetheart. How long have they been together?

Jelena and Novak were not together for couple of years I think in 2007 and 2008 when Novak went out with several girls including Sharapova who was also in his box beside De Niro for USO 2007 final. In fact, I don't even know if they were in relationship at the time, I just know there were pictures of two of them being in a club together. perhaps they just went out together as friends.

Reactions: Moxie