Rolex Paris Masters 2018, ATP 1000

Who are you picking to finish up strong in Paris?

• Rafa

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Nole

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • Fed

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Sascha

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Cilic or other player

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Bercy is a pretty nice stadium.

The Accorhotels Arena has a capacity of 15,500 making it the 5th biggest tennis stadium in the world after Ashe (23,200), London O2 Arena (17,500), Indian Wells Stadium 1 (16,100) and Rotterdam (15,818).

It has a bigger capacity than Grand Slam venues such as Rod Laver Arena (15,000) Wimbledon Centre Court (14,916) and Roland Garros Chartrier (14,911).

rolex-paris-masters-bercy-750x410.jpg

The corporate facilities look pretty swish.

EXPERIENCE_1.jpg
RECEPTION_5.jpg

HOME%20LOUNGE%20V3.png
HOME%20MASTER%20CLUB%20V3.png
HOME%20PASSING%20V3.png
RESTAURATION_0.jpg

Reactions: Moxie

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
@britbox - Rafa's comments on his relationship to with the French Federation! You think that has anything to do with Rafa threatening to sue a few years ago when he was being accused of doping by them? I have a faint memory of that occurring anyway! I'm guessing they're back on speaking terms! It's not like it isn't thought about by lots of people over the years! :whistle: :nono: :eek: :rolleyes:

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Since no one has created a thread for this tourney; starts first thing in the morning! Of course Nole at the bottom of the draw gets the tough route; Rafa has normal pigeons in his half:

- - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_Rolex_Paris_Masters_–_Singles#Finals - -

Date: Oct. 29th to Nov. 4th, 2018
Surface: Indoor HC
Prize Money: 4,273,775
Field Size: 48 (16 seeds get 1st RD Bye)
Defending Champion: Jack Sock
Venue: Palais omnisports de Paris-Bercy

-Seeds:
1. Rafa Nadal
2. Novak Djokovic
3. Roger Federer
4. A. Zrevev
5. Marin Cilic
6. Dominic Thiem
7. Kevin Anderson
8. John Isner

Rafa might get Verdasco, then Sock (16th seed)...possibly NG's like Coric, Thiem, Zrevev, or Isner if they can get their acts together! :nono:

Nole on the other hand has Cecchinati, Tsiptipas (14th seed), then maybe Cilic, Kei, Anderson, or Federer in the SF if he makes it! :facepalm:
Really you think Novak has more difficult draw? are you serious? I know that you never are....

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
@britbox - Rafa's comments on his relationship to with the French Federation! You think that has anything to do with Rafa threatening to sue a few years ago when he was being accused of doping by them? I have a faint memory of that occurring anyway! I'm guessing they're back on speaking terms! It's not like it isn't thought about by lots of people over the years! :whistle: :nono: :eek: :rolleyes:
Don't be so dumb, some clown french woman full of envy and very frustrated because her guys never could win at least one only RG tried to play very dirty against Nadal, at the end she finished looking like a piece of shit to the eyes of everyone including all the french people
Stop to post so much garbage!

Last edited:

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

I'm not sure where you are coming from - he said he had a great relationship with the french officials in the interview.

Shivashish Sarkar

Major Winner
Reactions
It's difficult to say who will come out on top. Roger just played last week. Plus he also played Shanghai. But you never know. He's a beast and could delight his fans again. I wouldn't be too gutted tho if he lost early here and then went on to win WTF. That would be a great place to win his 100th title.

Djokovic has been in sublime form himself. It would be great to have a final with the two sometime.

Reactions: The_Grand_Slam

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Hopefully Fed pulls out. Save up for YEC and try to turn back the clock. Djokovic will be the heavy favorite to win his 6th YEC and tie Roger's record. Ideally Djokovic wins this and Roger somehow pulls off the YEC. Keep the pleb from a YE #1

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Since Fed is sucking so bad currently, he may think that as it stands he does not have much chance at WTF. Hence, he may try to play in Bercy actually to get into some consistent form before WTF. Also, there is a week gap between Bercy and WTF. So, it is not like he has to play in the very next week at WTF.

Actually, I think Fed should play either both Bercy and WTF or just quit for the year.

monfed

Major Winner
Reactions
Hope faker wins Paris and Fed wins WTF so that faker can get YE#1 and Fed gets a 7th WTF(which he should've won last year).

Reactions: The_Grand_Slam

monfed

Major Winner
Reactions
Yet another cakedraw for Wafa I see but what's new?

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
No mentioning of giving up from me. Just stepping up. Last year was good. This year, stagnation.
He got a lot of media attention early on, which can be a lot of pressure. I do hope he finds his groove next year, though. Not sure of his coaching situation, but it seems to me that his game needs discipline and focus, not just slapping the ball around.

Reactions: Fiero425

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Whoever voted for Fed, I'd like to smoke what you're smokin' !

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
The new generation....Shapo and De Minaur..... and the winners are Feliciano and Gasquet !!!! :facepalm::help: