27. Alison Riske
28. Jessica Pegula
29. Veronika Kudermetova
30. Anett Kontaveit
31. Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova
32. Ekaterina Alexandrova

Roland-Garros-full-French-Open.jpg

The Tournament:

The French Open, also called Roland-Garros, is a major tennis tournament held over two weeks at the Stade Roland-Garros in Paris, France, beginning in late May each year. The tournament and venue are named after the French aviator Roland Garros. The French Open is the premier clay court tennis championship tournament in the world. Calender-wise it is the second of the four annual Grand Slam tournaments, the other three being the Australian Open, Wimbledon and the US Open. The French Open is currently the only Grand Slam tournament held on clay. Before 1975, the French Open was the lone non-grass major tournament. Between the seven rounds needed for a championship, the clay surface characteristics (slower pace, higher bounce), and the best-of-five-set men's singles matches, the French Open is arguably the most physically demanding tennis tournament in the world.

Tour_Eiffel_Passy_(49886204292)_(cropped).jpg

About Paris:

Paris is the capital and most populous city of France, with an estimated population of 2,175,601 residents as of 2018, in an area of more than 105 square kilometres (41 square miles). Since the 17th century, Paris has been one of Europe's major centres of finance, diplomacy, commerce, fashion, gastronomy, science and arts. The City of Paris is the centre and seat of government of the Île-de-France, or Paris Region, which has an estimated population of 12,174,880, or about 18 percent of the population of France as of 2017. The Paris Region had a GDP of €709 billion ($808 billion) in 2017. According to the Economist Intelligence Unit Worldwide Cost of Living Survey in 2018, Paris was the second most expensive city in the world, after Singapore and ahead of Zürich, Hong Kong, Oslo and Geneva. Another source ranked Paris as most expensive, on a par with Singapore and Hong Kong, in 2018.

Paris is a major railway, highway and air-transport hub served by two international airports: Paris–Charles de Gaulle (the second busiest airport in Europe) and Paris–Orly. Opened in 1900, the city's subway system, the Paris Métro, serves 5.23 million passengers daily; it is the second busiest metro system in Europe after the Moscow Metro. Gare du Nord is the 24th busiest railway station in the world, but the first located outside Japan, with 262 million passengers in 2015. Paris is especially known for its museums and architectural landmarks: the Louvre was the most visited art museum in the world in 2019, with 9.6 million visitors. The number of visitors plunged by 72 percent to 2.7 million visitors in 2020, due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the drop in the number of foreign visitors, but it remained the most-visited art museum in 2020. The Musée d'Orsay, Musée Marmottan Monet and Musée de l'Orangerie are noted for their collections of French Impressionist art. The Pompidou Centre Musée National d'Art Moderne has the largest collection of modern and contemporary art in Europe. The Musée Rodin and Musée Picasso exhibit the works of two noted Parisians. The historical district along the Seine in the city centre is classified as a UNESCO World Heritage Site; popular landmarks there included the Cathedral of Notre Dame de Paris on the Île de la Cité, now closed for renovation after the 15 April 2019 fire. Other popular tourist sites include the Gothic royal chapel of Sainte-Chapelle, also on the Île de la Cité; the Eiffel Tower, constructed for the Paris Universal Exposition of 1889; the Grand Palais and Petit Palais, built for the Paris Universal Exposition of 1900; the Arc de Triomphe on the Champs-Élysées, as well as the Basilica of Sacré-Coeur on the hill of Montmartre.

Le_Jardin_du_Luxembourg,_Paris,_France_-_panoramio_(20).jpg

Tourism Guide:

TV Coverage

France
:
France.tv
Europe (all territories):
Eurosport
Europe (local broadcasters):
ITV
RTBF
SRG
ORF
EPT
Radio Televizija Slovenija
Markiza
PTC
Silknet
YLE
Duo Media
Czech TV
CYBC
BNT
RTRS
TVR
RTSH
RTCG
ServusTV
USA:
NBC
PeacockTV
Tennis Channel
Canada:
RDS
TSN
Latin-America:
ESPN
Brazil:
Bandsports
SporTV
North-Africa & Middle-East:
Bein Sports
Sub-saharan Africa:
SuperSport
Canal +
India:
Star Sports
China:
China Media Group
South-East Asia:
Fox Sports
Japan:
Wowwow
TV Tokyo
Australia:
Nine.com
New-Zealand:
Sky
South-Korea:
Fox Sports

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Wild Cards,
Oceane Babel (FRA)
Clara Burel (FRA)
Oceane Dodin (FRA)
Chloe Paquet (FRA)
Diane Parry (FRA)
Harmony Tan (FRA)
Astra Sharma (AUS) (W/C will go to an Australian Player as agreed by the French and Australian Tennis Federations)

Reactions: AnonymousFan

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
My crystal ball sees the winner as Ash or Iga. Naomi is not disciplined or patient enough yet. Everyone else in the top 20 is a pretender except Serena and she needs the most favorable draw imagined and help from the tennis Gods to even make the final. In the 20-30 seeds Coco and Martic are deep dark horses. :crystal-ball:

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
My crystal ball sees the winner as Ash or Iga. Naomi is not disciplined or patient enough yet. Everyone else in the top 20 is a pretender except Serena and she needs the most favorable draw imagined and help from the tennis Gods to even make the final. In the 20-30 seeds Coco and Martic are deep dark horses. :crystal-ball:
I'm gonna.take a chance on Sloane or Madison being a dark horse..Sloane had a good week last week and Madison Keys has got to be thinking it's time for her to make her move..just dark horses ...I got Iga and Svitolina playing the Last weekend...just a hunch.

• Haha

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I'm gonna.take a chance on Sloane or Madison being a dark horse..Sloane had a good week last week and Madison Keys has got to be thinking it's time for her to make her move..just dark horses ...I got Iga and Svitolina playing the Last weekend...just a hunch.
No way Sloane did you see her last match she is a Headcase.She was leading 5-1 in the 2nd set and lost the t/break she choked the match away.Madison on clay no way.

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Ash and Iga could be playing in the final? you never know.I am going to add Sabalenka also as a dark horse as long as she can keep her UFE intact,she won Madrid,given it was high altitude and suited her game,though I was impressed how she won the tournament only dropping 1 set that was in the final against Ash.,though I always 'mute' her matches she is a total 'howler' lol!

Last edited:

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
No way Sloane did you see her last match she is a Headcase.She was leading 5-1 in the 2nd set and lost the t/break she choked the match away.Madison on clay no waypeajs
Good points Margaret..I just hopeful she can recapture the form that took her to finals a few years ago.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Oh AP. You are so sentimental. Still holding on to days of yesteryear for Sloane and Madison. Scone (aka Tossip :lol6:) had a multitude of opportunities to gobble up the tour. When Serena was on maternity leave and #1 was a revolving door. She has the talent, athleticism and age to rule the tour. It's a shame, she just isn't that interested in tennis anymore. Madison is not even in the conversation for ruling the tour, let alone winning a lone slam or achieving #1.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Ash and Iga could be playing in the final? you never know.I am going to add Sabalenka also as a dark horse as long as she can keep her UFE intact,she won Madrid,given it was high altitude and suited her game,though I was impressed how she won the tournament only dropping 1 set that was in the final against Ash.,though I always 'mute' her matches she is a total 'howler' lol!
I like Saba, but her risky game on clay is exactly that. A serious dirtballer will force her into a gazillion shots and she will become an UFE machine.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I like Saba, but her risky game on clay is exactly that. A serious dirtballer will force her into a gazillion shots and she will become an UFE machine.
I take your point,still in that 1st set in the final against Ash she had 1 UFE,it was the best I have seen her play on clay.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I will put this 'Happy News' here seeing it has something to do with Roland Garos in 2021.

Now cancer free,Carla Suarez Navarro will comeback to tennis at Roland Garos.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Oh AP. You are so sentimental. Still holding on to days of yesteryear for Sloane and Madison. Scone (aka Tossip :lol6:) had a multitude of opportunities to gobble up the tour. When Serena was on maternity leave and #1 was a revolving door. She has the talent, athleticism and age to rule the tour. It's a shame, she just isn't that interested in tennis anymore. Madison is not even in the conversation for ruling the tour, let alone winning a lone slam or achieving #1.
KS.."DJay in the movie Hustle and Flow said.Hey Man,"EVERYBODY GOT TO HAVE A DREAM"

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Elina Svitolina will win the FO this year and dedicate her win to her fiancee and to the Black Mamba, Kobe.
Elina has all the strokes but just like KS mentioned to me a few weeks ago, no real weapon..I think Hingis mother or even Martina could tune her game to win a slam if Kenin could win one and make it to the RG final last Fall.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Elina has all the strokes but just like KS mentioned to me a few weeks ago, no real weapon..I think Hingis mother or even Martina could tune her game to win a slam if Kenin could win one and make it to the RG final last Fall.
Elina is a 'pusher'

Status
Not open for further replies.