Roland Garros / French Open [Women] - Grand Slam

Status
Not open for further replies.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Hingis was also a pusher but had the tennis IQ of Federer, Rafa and McEnroe
Hingis was also the worst sportswoman on tour,I blame her mother for coddling her,that final against Steffi at RG when she refused to come on court for the ceremony of trophies,her mother had to bring her on court she was crying.Hingis was a Spoilt Brat,I cannot stand her full stop.Hingis also had a 'acid tongue' she said some disgraceful things about her opponents while she was playing.They did not call her 'The Black Widow' for nothing btw.

Last edited:

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Hingis was also the worst sportswoman on tour,I blame her mother for coddling her,that final against Steffi at RG when she refused to come on court for the ceremony of trophies,her mother had to bring her on court she was crying.Hingis was a Spoilt Brat,I cannot stand her full stop.Hingis also had a 'acid tongue' she said some disgraceful things about her opponents while she was playing.They did not call her 'The Black Widow' for nothing btw.
I'm not into all the off the court drama but her tennis is legendary

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I'm not into all the off the court drama but her tennis is legendary
A player to me has to have not only the skills on court,also sportsmanship which is essential for any player in any sport they play.,she also brought drama on court,which was evident in that final at RG against Graf.I am over talking about Hingis full stop.Elina has not the skills that Hingis had,Elina has no weapons as KS pointed out,which is needed to win a GS for starters.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
A player to me has to have not only the skills on court,also sportsmanship which is essential for any player in any sport they play.,she also brought drama on court,which was evident in that final at RG against Graf.I am over talking about Hingis full stop.Elina has not the skills that Hingis had,Elina has no weapons as KS pointed out,which is needed to win a GS for starters.
No..what Henin pull on Serena was more egregious..

If I recall correctly, Hingis was still a teenager during the Graf..Yes ma'am Martina was being a bad sportsman but she didn't cheat like Henin.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
No..what Henin pull on Serena was more egregious..

If I recall correctly, Hingis was still a teenager during the Graf..Yes ma'am Martina was being a bad sportsman but she didn't cheat like Henin.

Lets not change the subject...you brought up Hingis.This is RG 2021 lets stick to this post.,not start involving other players in the past.The discussion was about Elina and her tennis skills,she does not have a weapon and that makes it hard to win a major.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Lets not change the subject...you brought up Hingis.This is RG 2021 lets stick to this post.,not start involving other players in the past.The discussion was about Elina and her tennis skills,she does not have a weapon and that makes it hard to win a major.
Agreed.. she Will not win.RG However, Halep won.RG without any weapons

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Agreed.. she Will not win.RG However, Halep won.RG without any weapons
Halep also won Wimbledon lol!!!! against one of the best grass court players go figure:) though I must give Halep credit she does have a good bhand cross court and down the line,also she can create good angles.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Iga Swiatek will attempt to achieve what no woman has accomplished in five years - defend a Grand Slam title.
Serena Williams was the last female player to do so at a major tournament,when she won Wimbledon in 2016,12 months after beating Garbine Muguruza in the 2015 final.
Her performance in 2020 was just surreal not losing a set and winning her first GS title in style
Question is can she defend her title,to me,personally to defend your GS title is harder than winning it in ways.,to me it shows the mark of the player by defending your title the next year.

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Update for Roland Garos main draw ceremony will be held in the office of referee Remy Azemar on Thursday May 27th 4.30pm CEST.

Reactions: AnonymousFan

Sundaymorningguy

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I’ll always root for Serena to win, and I think here and Wimbledon are her best shots since Osaka seems to have everyone’s number at the hard court slams.
The downside for Serena is she used to be able to work through her bad days and still come through with the win. These days she loses on her bad days. Hopefully, she uses RG and a warm up before Wimbledon to get herself going for a deep run at Wimbledon.

Sundaymorningguy

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Serena has a relatively decent draw. Not necessarily an easy one if she is not consistent. I would hope she at least made it to Sabalenka.
The draw is definitely a bit more top heavy. I’m hoping Serena surprises and at least makes the QF to gain some confidence before Wimbledon.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Draw is very top heavy.........Barty,Svitolina,Kenin,Muguruza,Swiatek

Bottom half.......Serena,Kvitova,Azarenka,Sabalenka,Osaka.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Coco may have a good run. But being in the same section with Su-wei is scary

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I have done the projected q/finals (if the seeds hold up)

Barty v Svitolina
Kenin v Swiatek
S.Williams v Sabalenka
Andreescu v Osaka.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Serena has a relatively decent draw. Not necessarily an easy one if she is not consistent. I would hope she at least made it to Sabalenka.
The draw is definitely a bit more top heavy. I’m hoping Serena surprises and at least makes the QF to gain some confidence before Wimbledon.
If Serena makes the q/finals she will have her hands full with Sabalenka.,agree she needs to win matches on clay to gain confidence before Wimbledon.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Bottom half of womens draw to play Sunday/Monday.Top half to play Monday/Tuesday
Biggest womens names to play Sunday Osaka,Kvitova,Sabalenka.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
No27 seed Alison Riske has withdrawn from singles.Paula Badosa moves into her position of the draw as the 33rd seed to face Lauren Davis in 1R and could be the 1st seed No2 Osaka faces in 3R.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Ash Barty tells the press she's ready to go at Roland Garos after having to retire in Rome due to an arm injury.Spent time in the south of France at a small club/recuperating and training.Says her 2019 feels like a lifetime ago."It's a clean slate".

Status
Not open for further replies.