• Total voters

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Who do you like?

El Dude

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I'm worried Roger looked a bit tired tonight, but I think he'll put it off in two. Maybe something like 7-6, 6-3. Roger wins a first set tie-break and Feliciano gets discouraged.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
^ That's a reasonable scenario. I also thought Roger looked tired. (Even though I gave you a hard time about making the potential loss about Roger not David. ;) ) If Feliciano can put on a serving clinic like he did today, (Raonic was only in one of his service games, the marathon,) he's got a shot. But Raonic, as they say, is no Federer, and I don't think Lopez will have the huevos (excuse me, I meant to say 'belief,') to hang with Roger through the long haul, even if Roger is tired.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Fed in two tomorrow.

I am glad that the "angry match" did not get scheduled tomorrow in Toronto. Another
time and another place, anger would have subsided very much.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:
Fed in two tomorrow.

I am glad that the "angry match" did not get scheduled tomorrow in Toronto. Another

:huh:

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:
Fed in two tomorrow.

Yeah, so much for mad Milos and his ragin' stormin' anger. I thought fences were gonna blow over and castles fall. But it was more blowhard than Die Hard. Typical of the youth today. Pfft.

Somewhere along the way, recovery time should be an issue for Roger. He's no spring chicken. If Deliciano can take his gaze away from the stagnant pool for long enough, he could make this very nasty indeed...

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Kieran said:
Somewhere along the way, recovery time should be an issue for Roger. He's no spring chicken. If Deliciano can take his gaze away from the stagnant pool for long enough, he could make this very nasty indeed...

Roger was salivating after Novak's loss and so needed 3 sets against Cilic. He was
on mental vacation today due to it being his birthday and so needed 3 sets. Tomorrow
he will be mentally sharp and so eat Deliciano in 2 sets.

That 2 set victory would be crucial going in to the final, as he would not need
much of a physical recovery time after a puny 2-set match. So, Rog will be both mentally
and physically fresh and so will come bright eyed and bushy tailed for the finals and
take home the Rogers Cup.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
All that talk about players stamina and recovery times has made me excessively in awe of a 33 year old who's bouncing about like a calf. Having twins is the best drug, eh? And of course, as I think I remember you saying above (can't see it while I'm typing) salivating over Rafa's absence always builds testosterone in Roger... :snigger

Murat Baslamisli

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
www.drummershangout.ca
These two played some close matches and honestly the Delicious One should have won a couple.

What worries me about this one, more than Roger's recovery time, is his inability to pass people ever since the Stak match at Wimbledon. Before, you gave Roger a target, he sent you packing. These days, you attack with a half decent approach, more often than not he is butchering it. Against Nole at Wimby, he was just horrible at passing, even the not so good approaches.

Lopez must have seen this and he will attack. If Roger can increase the quality of his passes, he wins this. He has to clean the errors too. Against David, way too many errors.
Lopez must be feeling good about his chances today too after getting rid of Milos. I am not counting him out.

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Kieran said:
All that talk about players stamina and recovery times has made me excessively in awe of a 33 year old who's bouncing about like a calf. Having twins is the best drug, eh? And of course, as I think I remember you saying above (can't see it while I'm typing) salivating over Rafa's absence always builds testosterone in Roger... :snigger

Fed is never one to pass up a golden opportunity!

Feli conquered his demons and held it together for the win last night... not sure he does it here though. I think the Swiss wins in 2.

Riotbeard

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I picked Fed in 3. Lopez has been serving well, so I could see some tie-breaks.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Kieran said:

These matches are best of 3. The stamina issues are with best of 5 funnily enough.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Of course they are. Even guys like Pete could turn up and have no issues with stamina over three sets...

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
^ Yeah exactly. He's making life harder for himself against guys like Ferrer but he's only got himself to blame if he doesn't grab this title. No offense to the others left.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Well, I don't know about that, because it is a bit of an offense to the others. His record against them all is unimpeachable, but still, a lad like Grigor is almost middle-aged and should be punching his weight against paunchy old gents like Federer. I don't see that happening, by the way, but still, I think the players who are left should believe they can win this thing, as much as Federer will believe it...

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
In fairness they're not exactly in his league, there's no Djokovic, Murray or Nadal here so if he doesn't win this it's clearly a major opportunity blown.