11 Borna Coric
12 John Isner
13 Nikoloz Basilashvili
14 Marin Cilic
15 David Goffin
16 Gael Monfils

toronto_tournimage.jpg

The Tournament:

The Canadian Open (also known as the Canada Masters, and known as the Rogers Cup presented by National Bank for sponsorship reasons) is an annual tennis tournament held in Canada. The men's competition is a Masters 1000 event on the Association of Tennis Professionals (ATP) tour. The women's competition is a Premier 5 tournament on the Women's Tennis Association (WTA) tour. The competition is played on hard courts.

The events alternate from year to year between the cities of Montreal and Toronto. In odd-numbered years, the men's tournament is held in Montreal, while the women's tournament is held in Toronto, and vice versa in even-numbered years. The Toronto tournament is held at the Aviva Centre, York University, and the Montreal tournament is held at the Stade Uniprix.

About Montreal

Montréal is the largest city in Canada's Québec province. It’s set on an island in the Saint Lawrence River and named after Mt. Royal, the triple-peaked hill at its heart. Its boroughs, many of which were once independent cities, include neighbourhoods ranging from cobblestoned, French colonial Vieux-Montréal – with the Gothic Revival Notre-Dame Basilica at its centre – to bohemian Plateau.

800px-Montreal_Montage_July_7_2014.jpg

Tourism Guide:

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Thanks Tented..it's good to see JoWillieTs back into the Masters series..I know there are some that continuous write him off especially since he was part of the Ferrer, Monfils, Berdych era who were just not good enough to secure a slam.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
There is a good chance that Nick and Medvedev will play finals in Washington D.C. and then follow it up with a second round match here.

Reactions: Moxie

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
I suppose the "diehards" out here know Nadal needs to defend this title; at least get to the final to have a chance of holding onto the #2 seed at the USO later this month! He and Roger are so close and when they drop points from last season, they'll be within 500 points of one another! Hard to believe this is happening; neither have done that much compared to past seasons, but are fighting it out as late as this! :whistle: :nono: :facepalm: :rolleyes: :sick: :sleep:

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
For those who are unware, let me mention that Ralph has never defended any title outside of clay. No reason to think that he will do so here either, despite the absence of Fedovic.

atttomole

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
He could do it for the first time in Montreal.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
For those who are unware, let me mention that Ralph has never defended any title outside of clay. No reason to think that he will do so here either, despite the absence of Fedovic.
Hopefully Rafa can improve on this stat

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
If Nads doesn't win it, who will? A Canuck or a nextgen?

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
No one could be unaware since you tediously point it out at every opportunity. Aren't you even boring yourself at this point?

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
If Nads doesn't win it, who will? A Canuck or a nextgen?
I just did my draw challenge. Hard to figure how FAA will do, with crowd support. Roanic and Shapo don't have much to show of late. Will Nick be strong two tournaments in a row? Nadal's half isn't too tough. Almost all of the Next Gen action is in the bottom half, and that's where all the Canadians are, in terms of the ones that matter.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
No one could be unaware since you tediously point it out at every opportunity. Aren't you even boring yourself at this point?

It is a great stat. Shows Rafa is more of a sniper off clay than any dominant force. However, eventually that pathetic run will come to an end and this may be the tournament. Without Novak and Roger it is a pretty pancake field if I'm being generous. Ralph also wants to secure the 2 seed at USO. I think he has a good shot at this tourney.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Interesting to note that, the multi-millionaire Tomic :p , bothered to enter the quals and actually qualified also.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
It is a great stat. Shows Rafa is more of a sniper off clay than any dominant force. However, eventually that pathetic run will come to an end and this may be the tournament. Without Novak and Roger it is a pretty pancake field if I'm being generous. Ralph also wants to secure the 2 seed at USO. I think he has a good shot at this tourney.
It's basically a useless stat, given what he's accomplished. He's doubled (or better) in several off-clay tournaments: IW, Wimbledon, Canada, USO. Given that Wimbledon and the USO are the ones that really matter, I don't think being non-consecutive is really that much of a knock. And he's got both Roger and Novak to contend with, who do better on HCs. But, yeah, he's got a good shot at this Roger's Cup, again.

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Thanks Tented..it's good to see JoWillieTs back into the Masters series..I know there are some that continuous write him off especially since he was part of the Ferrer, Monfils, Berdych era who were just not good enough to secure a slam.
And he quickly lost to Struff in a one sided affair: 6-2, 6-2.
His inconsistency is understandable due to his injuries and age.

Reactions: Fiero425

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Federer really should've played this tournament.
Huge missed opportunity IMO

All that matters is USO. It is now even more life and death than the Wimbledon he just choked away. Roger has been awful there the past decade, not liking his chances there at all. Looking like this will end up being a pathetic season but maybe he will surprise us. He's shown he can play great at times still, but the results have been poor for 1.5 years.

Reactions: The_Grand_Slam

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Personally, I'd give Dan Evans good odds at beating Nadal here if they meet.

Edited to say, haven't seen how slow it is here this year though. He'd probably have a better shot on a fast Cinci court but even that was slower last year. He's very aggressive and good at the net.

Reactions: Fiero425

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
So without Novak and Federer is a pancake to win for Nadal? LOL you can tell you have 'missed' many matches and tournaments where both of them have played and lost under the racquet of Thiem, Zverev, Tsitsipas, Raonic, Wawrinka, Bautista and also Kyrgios...wathever