Rogers Cup 2014 Montreal

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Count me in the camp of those convinced Serena lets up to allow her older sister a chance at a big title once in a while. I'm sure she doesn't try as hard as possible going by the terrible serving stats.

colleen66

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
Calvy said:
Venus was on and Serena played passive to much.
She has been playing passive tennis all year. The few times she has been aggressive on a consistent basis, she has won handily. She seems content to just keep the ball in play most of the time. She beat Caro because she came to the net over 20 times and started attacking after the first set.

colleen66

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
Front242 said:
Count me in the camp of those convinced Serena lets up to allow her older sister a chance at a big title once in a while. I'm sure she doesn't try as hard as possible going by the terrible serving stats.
Your comment is a disservice to Venus. She has been digging deep and hitting some beautiful shots all week.

Correspondent Kiu

Correspondent
Reactions
colleen66 said:
Front242 said:
Your comment is a disservice to Venus. She has been digging deep and hitting some beautiful shots all week.

Serena played just like she did yesterday, she wasn't clicking like she did against Stosur.
Serve kept her in both matches, but then that wasn't enough today, Venus played a cleaner game...

Aga and Makarova are playing, very high level of Tennis being played, power advantage clearly goes to the Russian.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
TennisFanatic7 said:
Didn't have a chance to comment until now, but very proud of Heather's efforts this week, no shame in losing to Vika in the round of 16... Hopefully a result she can build on!

What no shame in losing to a unhealthy vika?

TennisFanatic7

Major Winner
Reactions
Website
tennisfanaticblog.weebly.com
GameSetAndMath said:
TennisFanatic7 said:
Didn't have a chance to comment until now, but very proud of Heather's efforts this week, no shame in losing to Vika in the round of 16... Hopefully a result she can build on!

What no shame in losing to a unhealthy vika?

I didnt see any of the match so I can't conclusively say how ill Vika was, but if you're Heather Watson and you've come through qualifying to get to the last 16 against Azarenka, who is in decent enough health to get that far herself, I don't think that's a shameful loss, do you?

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
colleen66 said:
Front242 said:

Not denying she's playing well but I still think Serena plays less than 100% against her to give her older sister a lift as a sympathy gesture. Clearly 10 years ago she wouldn't have but it's not like Venus is winning much these days. Hopefully she wins this title though.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Front242 said:

You are talking like Elena Dementieva :nono

Si Si Simona

Major Winner
Reactions
Si Si Simona said:
Yes, you made good questions. My only difference of opinion is about Aga. I think she just doesnt fight enough and she just gets through the routine these days. I think its a mental weakness, not a physical weakness but she always wakes up and bounces back :)
She kicked Simona's butt in IW after her painful lose to Simona in Doha. Aga remembers ;)

Proved right again. When you think Aga is finished she suddenly wakes up and starts to kick @rse, and then when you expect her to win something big she folds like a cheap tent :rolleyes:
Always unexpected. She climbed above sugar and is now ranked 5th in the world

Si Si Simona

Major Winner
Reactions
Weird Canadian tournaments. Last year it was Sorana in the final and this year final is totally unexpected as usual. Must be something in the water :D

10isfan

Major Winner
Reactions
I think if Venus wins the title, she will be ranked 18.

Hoergren

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Sunday, August 10, 2014 - FINALS

CENTRAL
13:00 - Venus Williams (USA) V [3] Agnieszka Radwanska (POL) 46 26
15:00 - [1] Sara Errani / Roberta Vinci (ITA / ITA) V [4] Cara Black / Sania Mirza (ZIM / IND) 76 63

results from Saturday on page 10

Go Aga - you can do it. - and she did :)

pavlik89

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0UmeWULhpg[/video]

Correspondent Kiu

Correspondent
Reactions
1408091443530278074_o.jpg

vs.
1408092015729368776_o.jpg

10isfan

Major Winner
Reactions
I think Venus can hit Aga off the court. We will see soon enough.

Correspondent Kiu

Correspondent
Reactions
I am tuning in.
Live stream here:
http://espn.go.com/watchespn/player/_/id/1946884/
Ladies are walking onto the court.