Rogers Cup 2014 Montreal

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Serena wins 4 pts in a row. 5-3. Venus to serve for it

Sundaymorningguy

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Serena definitely deserved that loss with her apathetic play at times, but Venus came to play. Hopefully, this motivates Serena to improve. I know how she hates losing especially to her sister.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
I hope Venus isn't tired or has a letdown tomorrow. She really deserves to win this tournament.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Stats from the match:
Venus only dropped serve once today, Serena 4 times

First serve % --> V = 56% S = 51%
2nd serve pts won --> V = 54% S = 30%
Winners --> V = 23 S = 35
Errors --> V = 20 S = 32

special700

Masters Champion
Reactions
Sundaymorningguy said:
Serena definitely deserved that loss with her apathetic play at times, but Venus came to play. Hopefully, this motivates Serena to improve. I know how she hates losing especially to her sister.

No she hates losing to anyone. However, I believe it does not hurt as much if she loses to vee as oppose to someone else.

Sundaymorningguy

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
special700 said:
Sundaymorningguy said:

No she hates losing to anyone.

Yeah, but you can tell it doesn't sit well with her to lose to her sister. I think the only thing that would light a fire under Serena and spark some serious motivation is losing to Sharapova. I think you would see a holy terror on the WTA circuit if that ever happened.

Calvy

Masters Champion
Reactions
Venus was on and Serena played passive to much.

rubydo

Reactions
Venus was simply awesome forehand virtually impossible to return late in the match, Serena kind of looked disinterested, but full credit to Venus. I am not a huge fan of either, but I certainly respect their greatness and what they have both accomplished over the years.

special700

Masters Champion
Reactions
Sundaymorningguy said:
special700 said:
Sundaymorningguy said:

Yeah, but you can tell it doesn't sit well with her to lose to her sister. I think the only thing that would light a fire under Serena and spark some serious motivation is losing to Sharapova. I think you would see a holy terror on the WTA circuit if that ever happened.
Have no idea how you reached that observation. A couple of years ago people were claiming that Serena was losing matches so that Venus could win now we are hearing that Serena does not like to lose to Venus..SMH. Again, Serena does not like losing to anyone.

special700

Masters Champion
Reactions
Sundaymorningguy said:
special700 said:
Sundaymorningguy said:

And you can take that to the bank for sure.

special700

Masters Champion
Reactions
How many points did Serena lose today? And how many will Vee earn if she wins the tournament and how many spots will she jump in the rankings.