Reactions
Wtf???

1676303110774.jpeg

• Angry
Reactions: TheSicilian

TheSicilian

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
What City have been doing is wrong, but what about other teams like Chelsea? £600 million in the latest transfer window using some contract/payment loophole. If City get done for financial fair play so should Chelsea...

• Wow
Reactions: Federberg

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Official UEFA worldwide viewing figures:

PSG vs Bayern - 47 million worldwide
Dortmund vs Chelsea - 13 million
Barca vs United - 116 million

just a reminder to our friends on the other side of the pond, who think the superbowl is the biggest sporting event in the world. Viewership for the superbowl was lower than a Europa League knockout first leg game. To those who don't know, that's the red headed step cousin of a UEFA Champions League game. i.e., it's not even the main tournament... Just saying :D

1676645504299.jpeg

Reactions: britbox

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I've always found the American viewing figure estimates bizarre and completely exaggerated... even as a past fan of one or two of their sports.

Mind you, I spent a few months working on a contract for the Commonwealth Games on the Gold Coast in Australia, and they were claiming about a billion people would be watching the opening ceremony.... All full of shit.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
I've always found the American viewing figure estimates bizarre and completely exaggerated... even as a past fan of one or two of their sports.

Mind you, I spent a few months working on a contract for the Commonwealth Games on the Gold Coast in Australia, and they were claiming about a billion people would be watching the opening ceremony.... All full of shit.
lol! a billion! Maybe for the 20/20 cricket portion

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I'm exaggerating a little but the figure was preposterous.
Just looking it up again, and I'm actually not exaggerating. The figure put around was 1.5 billion.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
They couldn't even sell out the Closing Ceremony tickets for a stadium holding around 38,000. It was the biggest shit show in event management you could witness.

• Haha

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Most people don’t care about American sports, outside America. They’re not global sports. I laugh when I see American lists of all-time great sportsmen, and it has Babe Ruth, Jordan, Brady: these blokes prove themselves in one league. In one country. We might as well add a few Gaelic footballers to the list while we’re at it…

• Haha
Reactions: britbox

TheSicilian

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
Amazing comeback from Madrid tonight, can't believe how any team can be 2-0 down at Anfield inside 14 mins and end up winning 2-5 :astonished-face::fearful-face::exploding-head:

Reactions: Kieran

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Silly people, it is the WORLD series, therefore it is the champhionship of the world in baseball.

OK, your World Cup may be appropriately named, ( a few billion fans, give or take 500 million) but the Superbowl has in it the word “Super” which transcends a mere planet.

Superman can fly beyond our planet to other planets so logically extending that rationale our football Super Bowl could be reaching other planets. I suspect inhabitants of other solar systems are big Brady & Aaron Rodger fans and hate the Dallas Cowboys as intensely as any earth human. Besides, I dont see Beyoncé, Rihanna or the Stones performing at the World Cup

As to the NBA, well thats just a given, Michael Jordan was/is the greatest athlete in the world.

Glad this conversation turned logically and rationally to THE TRUTH. No need for trivial irrelevant actual numbers.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Silly people, it is the WORLD series, therefore it is the champhionship of the world in baseball.

OK, your World Cup may be appropriately named, ( a few billion fans, give or take 500 million) but the Superbowl has in it the word “Super” which transcends a mere planet.

Superman can fly beyond our planet to other planets so logically extending that rationale our football Super Bowl could be reaching other planets. I suspect inhabitants of other solar systems are big Brady & Aaron Rodger fans and hate the Dallas Cowboys as intensely as any earth human. Besides, I dont see Beyoncé, Rihanna or the Stones performing at the World Cup

As to the NBA, well thats just a given, Michael Jordan was/is the greatest athlete in the world.

Glad this conversation turned logically and rationally to THE TRUTH. No need for trivial irrelevant actual numbers.
IMG_9569.jpeg

When Americans think of the World’s Greatest All-Time Sports Stars!

• Haha
Reactions: Jelenafan

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Wow,

The Saudis missed out on Lional Messi, he will go to Miami to play for linter Miami.Saudis offered him $400 million? cant get my head around that, oh well I hoped he would return to Barcelona, look what thought did.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
LOL.
While they haven’t beaten any American teams, i grudgingly concede they may be the best professional club in any pitch..
We used to wonder the same about American Football teams claiming the world championship... but they haven't beaten the Fylde Falcons, Birmingham Bulls or London Ravens....! A formality of course.