Oscar Pistorius Trial

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Kieran said:
Very interesting. This part here is typical Pistorius-speak:

'He considered Steenkamp to be the “love of his life,” that he was “besotted” with her, and that he had planned to buy a house for them, despite telling a South African newspaper one month before the shooting that he was “not ready for anything serious.”'

The guy is slippery. I read with horror yesterday where Ney goaded him, asking who should we blame for Reeva's death, and Pistorius still wriggled and insisted he shouldn't be blamed. He's a narcissist and spoilt brat of an incredible order, He reminds me of when I was about seven years old and the teacher would ask, "where's your homework?"

"I don't know, my lady."

"Did you do your homework?"

"Yes, my lady."

"So where is it?"

"I don't know, my lady."

"Did the dog eat your homework?"

"Yes, my lady," accompanied by a pathetic sobbing cry.

"But you just said you don't know where your homework is."

"I didn't, my lady. The dog ate my homework." More tears.

"What's your dog's name?"

"I don't know, my lady."

"Do you even have a dog?"

"I don't know, my lady."

It's really as bad and useless a defence as that... :nono

He's a narcissist and spoilt brat of an incredible order,

" Nels is picking on me my lady"
" I am frighten that He(Nels) will take my legs away from me"
This is utter foolishness.

He should have thanked his lucky stars that a fine looking woman was with him. Its a high probability that she told him that she had enough of his stubby ass and he made sure that she wasnt going to be with anyone else.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
I just read about Pistorius forensic expert, with the 'f' presumably silent and the 'c' pronounced like an 's', so you'd call him Pistorius horrendous expert.

Seriously, they won't even get a TV movie out of this, now... :nono

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Yeah somewhere in South Africa there is a circus missing that "expert" Are they actually trying to pass him off as a neutral source? It'd be difficult to do after these "findings" and the, shall we say, unorthodox methods he used. It might as well have been Oscar's mother up there.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
http://www.vanityfair.com/culture/2013/06/oscar-pistorius-murder

Old and lengthy article but a very interesting read about Oscar, Reeva, and the case.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
DarthFed said:
http://www.vanityfair.com/culture/2013/06/oscar-pistorius-murder

Old and lengthy article but a very interesting read about Oscar, Reeva, and the case.

Riveting stuff Darth

tented

Administrator
Reactions
I found these updates on Wikipedia:

- On 30 June 2014, trial resume after the evaluation reports which said Pistorius could be held criminally responsible. State prosecutor quoted "Mr Pistorius did not suffer from a mental illness or defect that would have rendered him criminally not responsible for the offence charged". [150]

And:

- On 30 June, the defense called surgeon Gerald Versfeld, who amputated Pistorius' lower legs when he was 11 months old, to testify the effects of walking or standing on his stumps.[108] Acoustics engineer Ivan Lin testified that tests suggested that if Steenkamp was screaming in Pistorius’ toilet, it was “very unlikely” that the screams would be audible or intelligible from 177m away, and that that “although we can typically distinguish male and female screams, you cannot do so reliably, without exception”.[109]

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
tented said:
I found these updates on Wikipedia:

- On 30 June 2014, trial resume after the evaluation reports which said Pistorius could be held criminally responsible. State prosecutor quoted "Mr Pistorius did not suffer from a mental illness or defect that would have rendered him criminally not responsible for the offence charged". [150]

And:

- On 30 June, the defense called surgeon Gerald Versfeld, who amputated Pistorius' lower legs when he was 11 months old, to testify the effects of walking or standing on his stumps.[108] Acoustics engineer Ivan Lin testified that tests suggested that if Steenkamp was screaming in Pistorius’ toilet, it was “very unlikely” that the screams would be audible or intelligible from 177m away, and that that “although we can typically distinguish male and female screams, you cannot do so reliably, without exception”[109]
Thanks Tented...It seems like Oscar's version of the events that transpired that evening doesn't have a "leg" to stand on.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Isn't it time for "My Lady" to send this despicable piece of South African manure to jail for the rest of his life! No way she let's him go unless she gets paid off big-time

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
I have a bad feeling he will somehow get off for this. It will be South African OJ trial though the prosecution didn't mess this up, I just think he might be found not guilty due to his name. Hopefully not...

brokenshoelace

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
DarthFed said:
I have a bad feeling he will somehow get off for this. It will be South African OJ trial though the prosecution didn't mess this up, I just think he might be found not guilty due to his name. Hopefully not...

You were unfortunately right on with your prediction. What a disgrace.

"There was no way that Pistorius could have known that his actions would lead to the death of the person in the bathroom"

Yes, the above quote was uttered by the judge. I guess there was no way for Oscar to know that emptying a round in the bathroom door could result in the death of the person on the other side. Good grief, what a joke.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Broken_Shoelace said:
DarthFed said:

"There was no way that Pistorius could have known that his actions would lead to the death of the person in the bathroom"

Yes, the above quote was uttered by the judge. I guess there was no way for Oscar to know that emptying a round in the bathroom door could result in the death of the person on the other side. Good grief, what a joke.

"Mi Lady" got paid.. just plain and simple.. This is just horrible for that family..Oscar will have to meet his God one day, I would assume that Rebecca's parents would like to help expedite that meeting:mad:

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Wow that wins the award of dumbest statement of 2014. A lot of murderers could get off if they had judges who actually believed that. "I didn't know shooting someone 4 times could result in their death my lady"

Anyways we see it a lot here in the States so I would be foolish to criticize the South African court system more than I do the American system. All I will say is that if you replace Oscar with an average Joe the guilty verdict would've been rendered within 2 weeks.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
I could understand if she says it wasn't premeditated, as in, he didn't scheme all day to murder Reeva, then shot her. But I can't see how anyone could say he didn't mean to kill her, whether it was spur of the moment or whatever, it's open and shut: he fired into the bathroom to kill her.

This is not only a terrible injustice, it's hideous, gruesome and grotesque, and the judge should be made to serve a sentence alongside him. It's criminal. The ones serving the hardest sentence are Reeva's family... :nono

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
Broken_Shoelace said:
DarthFed said:

"Mi Lady" got paid.. just plain and simple.. This is just horrible for that family..Oscar will have to meet his God one day, I would assume that Rebecca's parents would like to help expedite that meeting:mad:

Now let's see if he gets off on the culpable homicide charge. Not sure if Reeva had any brothers but it'd be nice to see a debt get paid if Oscar gets off scotch free.

brokenshoelace

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
DarthFed said:
the AntiPusher said:
Broken_Shoelace said:
DarthFed said:

Now let's see if he gets off on the culpable homicide charge. Not sure if Reeva had any brothers but it'd be nice to see a debt get paid if Oscar gets off scotch free.

It looks like he will be found guilty of culpable homicide, though nothing is confirmed yet.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
It's already a disgrace but it'd be ridiculous if he isn't found guilty of culpable homicide (manslaughter). It'd be kind of obvious what's going on if "My Lady" let's him off on that too.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
1972Murat said:
I guess we can add South Africa to the list of countries where they have a "Legal System" as opposed to a " Justice System".

They certainly have a "System", but how it works and who benefits, is dubious...

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
As with so many public trials, what the media sets as the bar to determine guilt is vastly different than the law. Through their efforts to create an audience they adjudicate according to false testimony and conjecture and deceive the public. When once again it turns out that the Law finds the person "not guilty" everyone is surprised. If media would explain trials based on what the Law requires there would not be such a discrepancy, neither would there be the large audiences providing advertising dollars. And so it continues.

Guilt is determined on the basis of what can be proven. That said, Pistorious will still go to jail.