Oscar Pistorius Trial

Murat Baslamisli

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
www.drummershangout.ca
the AntiPusher said:
1972Murat said:
Here is my problem: In the legal system here ( I am not saying "justice" system, since that has been gone long time ago ), "beyond a reasonable doubt" in practice has been replaced by " beyond a shadow of a doubt". The defense lawyers can spin any story, any version of an event and if a juror feels like " Well, yeah, this could happen, even if it has just %1 of a chance" , then it is acquittal. Nobody cares if the doubt is reasonable or not anymore. As long as you plant the seed of any doubt, you have saved your guy from prison, or serious time, or the chair.

I am not saying throw everyone in jail but a bit more common sense...

Lets just be truthful .. if you are rich ..its beyond the shadow of a doubt.. if you are poor your Ass is going up the River.. In Oscar case... Mi Lady was a pure disgrace.. She got paid.. It would be interesting to see if Oscar stays in jail more than 10 months

I cannot disagree...Lady Justice might have the blindfold on but that does not mean she can't smell money from miles away.

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Newsflash from South Africa: How Oscar Pistorius got away

funny-pistorius-escapes.jpg

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
http://news.yahoo.com/dont-believe-pistorius-says-steenkamps-mother-154641783.html

Interesting article to say the least. Not sure what to think of Reeva's mother anymore. If she had the information she's claiming to have regarding their relationship then why would she wait to come forward after the trial?

tented

Administrator
Reactions
DarthFed said:
http://news.yahoo.com/dont-believe-pistorius-says-steenkamps-mother-154641783.html

Interesting article to say the least. Not sure what to think of Reeva's mother anymore. If she had the information she's claiming to have regarding their relationship then why would she wait to come forward after the trial?

She's selling books.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Yep...so you think she could be making up the part about Reeva telling her she was going to end things and that she never got the pole from Mr. Stumpy?

tented

Administrator
Reactions
DarthFed said:
Yep...so you think she could be making up the part about Reeva telling her she was going to end things and that she never got the pole from Mr. Stumpy?

Sure, it's quite possible she's making things up in order to generate headlines, and sell more books. And even if these statements are false, who would believe Oscar if he said so? Certainly not the people who would buy the book.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Regardless, if Reeva truly told her those things she should've come forward and testified, it would make it that much more believable that an argument led to the "accident"

I think the parents had said they would not file a civil suit vs. Oscar but I'd have preferred that over releasing this tell-all book 2 weeks after the trial ended.

tented

Administrator
Reactions
DarthFed said:
Regardless if Reeva truly told her those things she should've come forward and testified, it would make it that much more believable that an argument led to the "accident"

I'm guessing such claims would have been ruled inadmissible/hearsay. It's not like she never would have mentioned these things to lawyers during all this time, so the fact that they weren't presented should tell us everything.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
tented said:
DarthFed said:
Regardless if Reeva truly told her those things she should've come forward and testified, it would make it that much more believable that an argument led to the "accident"

I'm guessing such claims would have been ruled inadmissible/hearsay. It's not like she never would have mentioned these things to lawyers during all this time, so the fact that they weren't presented should tell us everything.

I'm not sure why the information would be dismissed even if it was from the victim's mother. She'd still have been testifying under oath. Maybe the lawyers wanted her to testify, maybe she didn't tell the lawyers, maybe she's making it up. Guess we should pay her (buy the book) to find out :cover

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
DarthFed said:
tented said:
DarthFed said:

I'm not sure why the information would be dismissed even if it was from the victim's mother. She'd still have been testifying under oath. Maybe the lawyers wanted her to testify, maybe she didn't tell the lawyers, maybe she's making it up. Guess we should pay her (buy the book) to find out :cover

Reeva really had some :devils:nono around her before Oscar blew her off this planet Earth

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Here is the latest

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/south-africa-prosecutors-win-bid-to-appeal-pistorius-conviction/ar-BBgAFBd

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Yeah, I was just going to post this. It makes me feel like vomiting. Little wonder that people often get tempted to take the law into their own hands.... :nono

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
The scum is free after one year. "House arrest" at his uncle's for the next 4 years now.

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
He's out of jail. His life as he knows it is over. He'll never be able to recover what he lost. In the next five to ten years we will probably read that he's taken his life.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
He might still have some money left over. And it might be a decent house...more than he deserves

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
The latest is that Rebecca's father says that he would like to have a face to face with Oscar. I hope that if he does, that poor man is able to get something out of it because he will NEVER gain closure.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Oscar looses in appeal judgment, he is convicted of murder and sentenced to 15 years in jail. Finally a little justice for the late Rebecca S and her family.:clap

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Good ending, despite Milady's best efforts.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Oscar got 6 years for blowing Rebecca to Kingdom Come. I don't know if this will bring closure to her mom and dad.