NFL Pick'em Challenge

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
DarthFed said:
^ Suh is a piece of garbage yet I will be rooting for Detroit. Much easier matchup for GB is the winner of Carolina vs. Arizona and also the Lions are a team that could matchup decently vs. Seattle. That said I think GB would take care of Dallas and Seattle would also almost certainly take out Detroit as well. But tough as it is I will be rooting for the dirty kitties.

Darth, I really think Suh should just be suspended for an entire season. His act is just stupid and petty. His cheap shots don't even give a competitive advantage.

But do you really think that the Packers D could hold down Dez and Terrence Williams if Romo is playing decently well (which isn't guaranteed by any means but is still possible)?

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
^ A game vs. Dallas will be a shootout. But there is no way Dallas defense is stopping Rodgers. GB's defense would get a couple holds and/or a turnover and that would be the difference. Don't get me wrong Dallas is a threat with that O line and all around offense but GB would be clear favorite there.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
My thoughts are that the 49ers are going after a big time receiver and yes, I would be happy with Gordon when Cleveland releases him because Crabtree isnt ready for Sherman and the legion of Doom. Also, I would take Suh, he needs a change of scenary and Justin Smith only have a year or so left.. I thnk suh appeal will get his suspension overturned , He is a piece of horse mature but he is a good football player

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Ok I have week 17 as follows:

AP with 12-4 (I gave you credit for Steelers game but I didn't know what your comment means "Mike C will have the Steelers"

DF was 11-5
KS was 11-5
Haychew was 11-5

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
And week 16 results a tad late:

DF was 11-5
KS was 10-6
AP was 10-6
Haychew was 8-8
Billie was 7-9

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
And our end of season results:

DarthFed with a 2nd straight world championship: 175-80
KS was 2nd with 169-86
AP was 165-90
Billie was 120-71
Haychew was 60-49.

Now I will start a thread on the NFL playoffs.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
DarthFed said:
And our end of season results:

DarthFed with a 2nd straight world championship: 175-80
KS was 2nd with 169-86
AP was 165-90
Billie was 120-71
Haychew was 60-49.

Now I will start a thread on the NFL playoffs.

Congrats Champ DarthFed :clap... You are the Jimmy the Greek of NFL football predictions.. KS, myself and the rest of the crew will regroup for next season.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Yep. Darth deserves all his accolades this year. Successfully defends his title. :celeb:

But watch out there now! Next year I will reclaim my rightful place at the top. :D

I.Haychew

Major Winner
Reactions
Are we doing the pick 'em challenge again this year? It's week 2 and I haven't seen anything.

EDIT: If we're gonna do it, with the exception of the Packers/Seahawks game and the Colts/Jets game, all of the week 2 games are either finished or in progress. That said, I'll take the Packers and the Jets.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Seems like there are less people around now and honestly I didn't want to deal with doing the tallies and posting the games every week.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Sorry guys. I was on vacation last week and missed the beginning of the season. If you want Darth, I can do the tally and schedules going forward. Should we spot everyone a 9-7 record for the first 2 weeks and then start week 3 w/ everyone selecting their picks? Let me know how you want to do it and I'll create the necessary posts.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Hey KS, that would work for me. Just wasn't sure if there was the same interest this year but I'm always willing to do it. 9-7 would have been very generous for my picks last week!

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
2015 Pickem Challenge

Alright since we missed the first 2 weeks of the season, we are spotting everyone who wants to join a 9-7 record for the first 2 weeks. That being said, the individual break down for the first 2 weeks looks like this:

DarthFed: 18-14
KS: 18-14
AP: 18-14
Haychew: 18-14

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
So here we go w/ week 3. Make sure you post your picks before the start of play on Sun and don't forget there is a Thurs night game tomorrow.

Thurs night
Redskins @ Giants

Sun Early
Falcons @ Cowboys
Colts @ Titans
Raiders @ Browns
Bengals @ Ravens
Jaguars @ Patriots
Saints @ Panthers
Eagles @ Jets
Buccaneers @ Texans
Chargers @ Vikings
Steelers @ Rams

Sun Late
49ers @ Cardinals
Bills @ Dolphins
Bears @ Seahawks

Sun night
Broncos @ Lions

Mon night
Chiefs @ Packers

Going into Monday night football the standings are:
Darth 13-2
K 13-2
Chewy 4-11

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Wash @ Giants - Giants
Falcons @ Dallas - Tough to call but I will take Atlanta
Colts @ Titans - Bet the farm on Indy. Similar start last year with what seems like a do or die game and then they turned it on the rest of the year.

Raiders @ Browns - Raiders. Feel dirty picking them to win a road game but this seems possible.
Bengals @ Ravens - Taking Baltimore. They aren't good but again it is do or die and they will win this at home
Jags @ Pats - Pats
Saints @ Carolina - Carolina even if Brees was healthy
Eagles @ Jets - Taking the Eagles. Jets still have no offense and Philly will rebound, again season on the line helps.
Bucs @ Texans - Texans
Chargers @ Vikings - One of the tougher ones to call, slight edge to Minny at home
Steelers @ Rams - Another tough one to call. Taking Pitt
49ers @ Cards - Cards
Bills @ Dolphins - Miami
Bears @ Seahawks - Rare time I would root for Chicago but zero prayer in this one. Seattle wins
Broncos @ Lions - Broncos. Lions miss Suh and Stafford is quickly turning into the quintessential average QB. Those teams are really bad off because they aren't good enough to contend and they aren't bad enough for a top pick.

Chiefs @ GB - Picking GB but I'm expecting a tough one. Kansas City has a great pass rush and the Packers will be missing Bulaga for 5 more weeks at least. Sir Charles could wreak havoc and the Packers have a history of struggling vs. mediocre game-managing QB's like Alex Smith, the recently retired Kyle Orton, etc. But it's at GB and GB has Rodgers and...I will be there and they better not F this up.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Tonight I'll go w/ the Giants. Rest of the picks to come this weekend.

Falcons @ Dallas - ATL
Colts @ Titans - Indy
Raiders @ Browns - Browns
Bengals @ Ravens - Cinci
Jags @ Pats - The Empire
Saints @ Carolina - Carolina
Eagles @ Jets - Philly
Bucs @ Texans - Texans
Chargers @ Vikings - Minny
Steelers @ Rams - Pitt
49ers @ Cards - Cards
Bills @ Dolphins - Fins
Bears @ Seahawks - Hawks. Bears will be a lottery team this season. :lolz:
Broncos @ Lions - Broncos
Chiefs @ GB - Pack. AR isn't losing home ground to KC.

I.Haychew

Major Winner
Reactions
Crap! It's halftime and I just rememdered that I haven't made picks. I guess I'll pick the remaining late games...

Cardinals def. 49ers
Bills def. Dolphins
Seahawks def. Bears
Broncos def. Lions
Packers def. Chiefs

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Week 3 Standings:

Darth 14-2
KS 14-2
Chewy 5-11

Total Standings through Week 3:

DarthFed: 32-16
KS: 32-16
Haychew: 23-25

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Onto Week 4

Bye Week
PATRIOTS
TITANS

Thurs night
RAVENS @ STEELERS

Sun Early
JETS @ DOLPHINS (London)
JAGUARS @ COLTS
GIANTS @ BILLS
PANTHERS @ BUCCANEERS
EAGLES @ REDSKINS
RAIDERS @ BEARS
TEXANS @ FALCONS
CHIEFS @ BENGALS

Sun Late
BROWNS @ CHARGERS
PACKERS @ 49ERS
RAMS @ CARDINALS
VIKINGS @ BRONCOS

Sun night
COWBOYS @ SAINTS

Mon night
LIONS @ SEAHAWKS

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
All primetime games are garbage this week. Looks like another week of really easy picks which scares me as those tend to feature a lot of upsets.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Federberg Other Sports 4
Fiero425 Other Sports 32
J Other Sports 34
britbox Other Sports 365
britbox Other Sports 518