NFL Pick n Pass 2019/2020 Season

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Never cared for either Manning; the self-entitlement of it all just made my eyes roll! Eli obviously didn't have as much talent and won't ever be thought of as an elite QB, but he accomplished a feat others couldn't do, took 2 SB's over NE and Brady! :facepalm:

Their defense won them those two SB, but because of the “aura” of being a Manning he’ll probably get into the HOF. Down the list from Brady, Peyton, Drew, Rogers, Big Ben and i would even put Rivers & Palmer above him, doesnt matter. A Manning is a NFL golden child.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Their defense won them those two SB, but because of the “aura” of being a Manning he’ll probably get into the HOF. Down the list from Brady, Peyton, Drew, Rogers, Big Ben and i would even put Rivers & Palmer above him, doesnt matter. A Manning is a NFL golden child.
He'll probably get in one day... but then you start thinking of other QBS... Jim Plunkett... probably should be in. Kenny Stabler only got the one ring, but the guy was one of the last breed of QBs to call his own plays...

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
He'll probably get in one day... but then you start thinking of other QBS... Jim Plunkett... probably should be in. Kenny Stabler only got the one ring, but the guy was one of the last breed of QBs to call his own plays...

On "The Herd," Cowherd talked about others getting into HOF's outside of winning championships! It's obvious many do make HOF with little more than "personality!" Charles Barkley didn't win anything but rebound titles & Karl Malone was an MVP of the league, yet Jordan stopped them both from hoisting a championship award! Is there any doubt they deserve to make HOF? :whistle:

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
On "The Herd," Cowherd talked about others getting into HOF's outside of winning championships! It's obvious many do make HOF with little more than "personality!" Charles Barkley didn't win anything but rebound titles & Karl Malone was an MVP of the league, yet Jordan stopped them both from hoisting a championship award! Is there any doubt they deserve to make HOF? :whistle:
I think Barkley and Malone should both be in the Basketball HOF. The football HOF is a lot more competitive given how many players you have on every roster. I read that Kenny Stabler actually did get inducted via the Veterans Committee... but they did it after he died.

I was reading the USA Today's Greatest 100 players of all time yesterday... No Marcus Allen? No Steve Largent? I know there is recency bias, but it was ridiculous that both weren't on the list.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Totally agree, but there is always that tinge of nostalgia when you've watched somebody from the day they were drafted go through the whole journey - including all of the highs and lows... funny thing is, I didn't really care much about the Giants.
Never liked the Gmen either

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
I think Barkley and Malone should both be in the Basketball HOF. The football HOF is a lot more competitive given how many players you have on every roster. I read that Kenny Stabler actually did get inducted via the Veterans Committee... but they did it after he died.

I was reading the USA Today's Greatest 100 players of all time yesterday... No Marcus Allen? No Steve Largent? I know there is recency bias, but it was ridiculous that both weren't on the list.
They are very slow on the draw regarding the NFL HOF. They just inducted coach Jimmy Johnson and he's definitely among the ranks of the elderly.