NFL 2020-21

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Looks like Bucaneers versus the Chiefs in the SuperBowl with Tampa Bay being the first "home" team playing in their own stadium.

This one has to hurt for Aaron Rodgers and the Packers, arguably his best QB year, playing at Lambeau with snowfall before the game start, just to say Lefleur not going for the 4th down with the game on the line.

Bills with Josh Allen, the boy is barely 24 years old and already in his 1st AFC champ game so while a tough loss, the future looks good.

So let the Brady versus Mahomes media blitz commence.

Though I think the unsung hero is the Bucaneers defense.

As to Brady, 10 Superbowls.
Let that sink in.
My friends who are Brady hardcore haters are ready to implode.

Reactions: britbox and kskate2

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
As a Big Blue fan, can I formally offer the Texans Danny Dimes for Deshaun? You can take one other as well. Just not Saquon of course ;)

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I’m going with the Old Man.

Go Tom and the Bucaneers!!
I'm going with the Old Man, too. Being New Englanders, all of my men (family) are Pats fans. I told them I would support the Jags on their behalf. They laughed pretty hard at that. (Southern expansion teams...Jags, Bucs, whatever.) My limited NFL viewing this season seems to have been lots of 4th quarters of KC games, and they look good. I believe the odds favor them slightly. I read today that the mother of the KC quarterback (Mahomes?) was one year old when Brady was born. The NYTimes has dubbed this "The Battle of the Ages." LOL! How can I not go for the old guy. Plus, he could totally show up NE for cutting him loose...for all of you Pats haters out there.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
a bit puerile but this made me laugh. Clearly distracted by Joy... :face-with-tears-of-joy:

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Folks please tell me Justin Fields isn’t dropping down in the draft due to race

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Folks please tell me Justin Fields isn’t dropping down in the draft due to race
Unfortunately he is...as you know for me it's Rafa/49ers for me afterwards family, life and the pursuit of happiness..I won't get into the whole race issue because we have seen it before and it's not going to change especially at an event such as to the 1619-1865:eek:r later style so called draft

The 49ers gave up a ton to move up to the 3rd pick which typically tells you that they are going to pick a QB( other skilled positions such as RB ,WR or defensive standouts are a dime a dozen). I hope and pray that Shanahan/Lynch are just setting up a smokescreen by all the pre draft signals that they are locked in on Matt Jones. Jones played behind an all pro offensive line and defense at Alabama..He never faced an halftime deficit and the only team that really pushed them was Ole Miss where my cousin coaches. Jones doesn't check all the boxes in today's mobile qb as Fields does. The 49ers coach/GM would put themselves in a position to get FIRED if they moved up that high to draft a player that is really at best the 5 or 6 beat QB.

Last edited:
Reactions: Federberg

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
If the Niners pick Mac Jones over Justin Fields they are idiots. Shanahan is overrated as a coach, and since so many of my relatives are hardcore Niner fans, from a place of caring I always say NIner fans are simply Cowboy fans with better & healthier tailgate grub.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
If the Niners pick Mac Jones over Justin Fields they are idiots. Shanahan is overrated as a coach, and since so many of my relatives are hardcore Niner fans, from a place of caring I always say NIner fans are simply Cowboy fans with better & healthier tailgate grub.

Hate to say he's still riding his dad's coat-tails! I don't pay that much attention outside of teams interested in, but his history shows prolific offenses that will get you a lead, but somehow forget the fundamentals in the crunch and doesn't perform late in games to lose them! Happened in ATL and is still happening in SF! :face-with-hand-over-mouth:

Reactions: the AntiPusher

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Hate to say he's still riding his dad's coat-tails! I don't pay that much attention outside of teams interested in, but his history shows prolific offenses that will get you a lead, but somehow forget the fundamentals in the crunch and doesn't perform late in games to lose them! Happened in ATL and is still happening in SF! :face-with-hand-over-mouth:
However in the Niners case it's even worse, they had a DEFENSE for the ages, truly exceptional and overwhelming, when they got to the SB 2 years ago, that Defense and a great running game carried the team to the edges of ultimate victory and somehow managed they managed to lose because they couldn't muster a competent Offense when it counted, and with one quarter to go. Jimmy G. in the crunch was not going to pass muster, and who knows when will they get the equivalent of that defense again?

OTOH, it's depressing for me to note as a Patriots fan that Tom Brady (AGAIN) has renegotiated his contract, this time with the Bucaneers to give them 19M wiggle room for 2021 which they used to resign and retain all their free agents, thus becoming the first team since 1977 to keep every starter from their SB season. That entire defense is back. Brady might as well be named assistant GM of Tampa Bay. This is the man the Patriots could afford to let go ????

Last edited:

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Kyle doesn't have the big 'bslls needed to win the big game..He only shows his "genius" when he is going against Sean McVay. However, in his defense he is handicapped with all the mistakes that Jimmy G makes. He has to be careful and cautious about removing the handcuffs from the fragile and turnovers prone QB..

As a Niners fan, my hope is for Deshaun Watson to settle out of court with those women.. regardless if he is telling the truth. Trade the pick to Houston. If not they are going to draft Fields.The 49ers organization is not known for being historically being stupid.Mac Jones doesn't check off as many boxes as Fields or Trey Lance.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Kyle doesn't have the big 'bslls needed to win the big game..He only shows his "genius" when he is going against Sean McVay. However, in his defense he is handicapped with all the mistakes that Jimmy G makes. He has to be careful and cautious about removing the handcuffs from the fragile and turnovers prone QB..

As a Niners fan, my hope is for Deshaun Watson to settle out of court with those women.. regardless if he is telling the truth. Trade the pick to Houston. If not they are going to draft Fields.The 49ers organization is not known for being historically being stupid.Mac Jones doesn't check off as many boxes as Fields or Trey Lance.
Trey Lance is a fantastic pick for the 49ers and congratulations to my hometown Chicago s.. Justin Fields was an absolute steal of the draft. Finally a real QB in the Chi.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Trey Lance is a fantastic pick for the 49ers and congratulations to my hometown Chicago s.. Justin Fields was an absolute steal of the draft. Finally a real QB in the Chi.
I'll believe it when it happens! Chgo's just been snakebit when it comes to coaches & QB's w/ lit'l to no stability since the days of the "SB Shuffle!" :facepalm:

Reactions: the AntiPusher
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Federberg Other Sports 4
Fiero425 Other Sports 32
britbox Other Sports 365
britbox Other Sports 518
britbox Other Sports 280