Nadalites – Rafa Nadal Talk

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
As long as Rafa doesn’t sponsor USA Tennis, a country that is currently financing a genocide, he will have my respect.

Reactions: Front242

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa is entered at ATP250 event in Doha February 19th - 25th
I haven't read any reports of late regarding his injury that forced him to withdraw at the AO
I have seen pictures of him at his academy, where Roger Federer has been visiting.

Reactions: Nadalfan2013

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa is entered at ATP250 event in Doha February 19th - 25th
I haven't read any reports of late regarding his injury that forced him to withdraw at the AO
I have seen pictures of him at his academy, where Roger Federer has been visiting.
I don't understand Nadal anymore.

• Haha
Reactions: Fiero425

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Question.
Please explain? lol!
Afterwards being out of the game for an entire year and sustaining a microtear in his opposite hip area which caused him to miss the first major grand slam of the season. Two weeks later he decides to play in Doha.. doesn't make sense. He should wait for the clay

Reactions: don_fabio

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Question.

Afterwards being out of the game for an entire year and sustaining a microtear in his opposite hip area which caused him to miss the first major grand slam of the season. Two weeks later he decides to play in Doha.. doesn't make sense. He should wait for the clay
Quite frankly I was surprised as well, he could withdraw at late notice, lets see if he starts the tournament

Reactions: the AntiPusher

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Update for Rafa via @Olly Tennis, from Carlos Moya,

Rafa is training and will likely return to Doha before playing in USA, rather than playing on the clay in South America.
"Surface changes are not easy.While it is true the the clay should be better for the joints, to from from hard court to the clay, to go back to the USA and then again to the clay, we thought it was a little excessive. That's why we chose this calendar, without so much change of surface".
" Rafa reminded me of a bull that has been locked up for a year, you release it and it goes like a beast"
He will be a candidate to the tournament he plays"

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Update for Rafa via @Olly Tennis, from Carlos Moya,

Rafa is training and will likely return to Doha before playing in USA, rather than playing on the clay in South America.
"Surface changes are not easy.While it is true the the clay should be better for the joints, to from from hard court to the clay, to go back to the USA and then again to the clay, we thought it was a little excessive. That's why we chose this calendar, without so much change of surface".
" Rafa reminded me of a bull that has been locked up for a year, you release it and it goes like a beast"
He will be a candidate to the tournament he plays"
Well, we know how much he likes Indian Wells. I guess he doesn't want to miss that. I hope he doesn't mess up the clay part of the calendar.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Well, we know how much he likes Indian Wells. I guess he doesn't want to miss that. I hope he doesn't mess up the clay part of the calendar.
I didnt think he would pass playing IW, agree hopefully the clay season will stay intact

PhiEaglesfan712

Masters Champion
Reactions
Why go play on a hard court it makes zero sense
If Rafa is playing IW, then I think it's a great idea for him to get a warm-up tournament in. If Rafa goes straight to IW cold, he is going to get injured again. (Don't forget that Rafa's injury problems in 2022 started at IW, and that was when he was in form.)

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
This from Jon Wertheim's Mailbag on SI.com:

"Storyline to follow: Olympic eligibility. If there are other eligible players from your country, you cannot get a wild card. (Crassly: are there four players in, roughly, the top 50?). Note that there are four-plus American women in the mix, likely precluding Venus Williams from representing the U.S. yet again. And the same, potentially, for Spanish men … which would mean—short of some last-minute rule changes—Nadal playing in Paris 2024 is not a given."

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
This from Jon Wertheim's Mailbag on SI.com:

"Storyline to follow: Olympic eligibility. If there are other eligible players from your country, you cannot get a wild card. (Crassly: are there four players in, roughly, the top 50?). Note that there are four-plus American women in the mix, likely precluding Venus Williams from representing the U.S. yet again. And the same, potentially, for Spanish men … which would mean—short of some last-minute rule changes—Nadal playing in Paris 2024 is not a given."
Hmm from what I read, Nadal having surgery and then having rehab,could not play to qualify, at the Olympics he would get a compensation to play at the Olympics in 2024? providing a letter,
I think Tented has a link of the qualifications for Olympics, ( tennis players ) maybe he needs to provide the link again
BTW I believe that Alcaraz wants to play doubles with Rafa if he is able at the Olympics this year

Last edited:

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Hmm from what I read, Nadal having surgery and then having rehab,could not play to qualify, at the Olympics he would get a compensation to play at the Olympics in 2024? providing a letter,
I think Tented has a link of the qualifications for Olympics, ( tennis players ) maybe he needs to provide the link again
BTW I believe that Alcaraz wants to play doubles with Rafa if he is able at the Olympics this year

How to qualify for tennis at Paris 2024. The Olympics qualification system explained

Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
at this point I am not making early plans to go to MC to watch Rafa

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Just looking at the entry list for IW,

Rafa will use his PR of 9 if he plays, lets see how he fares at Doha first.
( on a side note Djokovic will play IW first time in 5 years)

Last edited: