Nadalites – Rafa Nadal Talk

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
678463-nadal-black-reuters.jpg

A fan group for followers of 14 time major winner Rafael Nadal.

isabelle

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Nadal qualified for London today

teddytennisfan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
GOOD!! rafa has been having a "bad year" by his standards but something like that was bound to come especially with such an intense player as he.

but the most important thing is he is playing healthy and should enter 2016 refreshed and determined and hopefully having put together his confidence and improvements.

i think the concern for him is tied to the same thing with roger, and for nole, and their kind

their achievements have been so high in the extreme really that when a year goes by that vulnerabilities are more apparent and no majors such a huge deal and it is..

but that does not mean they CAN'T get it up a few more times again and even have really good months again.

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Well, I'm still in shock how bad Rafa played the final in Doha and I don't have any words about his first match in the AO after to finish the 2015 in very good conditions beating Muzz and Wawrinka in London and obviously looking getting closer and closer of his real game
Anyway, I keep saying that he will be back. Maybe he needs someone else in his team (but the same coach) or maybe he has to recovery his mentally strength or changes of his game?
I think his serve sometimes is his worst enemy and then actually his head with still a lack of confidence. He needs to win a MS and later everything will be much better for him

Reactions: britbox

Tennis Fan

Major Winner
Reactions
GOOD!! rafa has been having a ‘bad year’ by his standards — but something like that was bound to come — especially with such an intense player as he.

but the most important thing is – he is playing healthy and should enter 2016 refreshed and determined and hopefully having put together his confidence and improvements.

i think the concern for him is tied to the same thing with roger – and for nole — and their ‘kind’ —

their achievements have been so high — in the extreme really — that when a year goes by that vulnerabilities are more apparent – and ‘no major” — it’s such a huge deal — and it is..

but that does not mean they CAN’T ”get it up” a few more times again and even have really good months again.

Great post. I think people expect too much for them and hate when they're vulnerable; but that's life. Everyone has highs and lows, and Rafa is no exception. Here's hoping for a great 2016. The Oz was a fluke, LOL.

Tennis Fan

Major Winner
Reactions
Here's hoping Rafa gets revenge on Thiem if they meet in the final.

Tennis Fan

Major Winner
Reactions
The final yesterday between Rafa and Monfils was a blast. I have not seen such exciting tennis in a long time. Unbelievable shots on both ends, but Rafa prevailed. Yay!

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I'm really pleased that Rafa is taking on all the unfounded rumors that have followed him in his career. He's suing the woman that slanderously called him out in France, and releasing his drugs test results publicly. He says he's always been clean, and he's willing to put it on the line, not just in releasing the results, but in the court system. That would be a big risk, if you had something to hide. I'm sure there are some people who will continue to believe what they want to, but he's pushing the issue of transparency in tennis farther than anyone, to date.

Tennis Fan

Major Winner
Reactions
I was trying to find this thread so I could talk about Rafa and share Rafa related articles. Thanks for bringing it up.

Benneteau 'Players do not care about Olympics Look at Nadal

Gatto Luigi - 14-08-2016

Tennis - Corretja: 'HIstorical gold for Rafa and Marc'

http://www.tennisworldusa.org/news/news/Rafael_Nadal/35311/benneteau-players-do-not-care-about-olympics-look-at-nadal-/

Rafael Nadal's committment in the doubles draw at the Olympic Games upset everyone, Julien Benneteau too. On Twitter the French tennis player took Rafa as example to say Olympics are a very important event despite many withdrawals in this year´s editions: 21 top 50 players were not there.

'And then they say tennis players do not care about the Games...', wrote Benneteau posting a Nadal's photo.

Alex Corretja was excited too. He watched it on TV and shared his happiness on Twitter.

'They made it! Historical gold for Nadal and Lopez', he tweeted.

James Blake praised Nadal too: 'What he is putting his body through this week is a testament of how much he cares,' said former American player-turned-TV commentator James Blake on NBC. Blake also added, 'Is he exhausted? I can’t say that Rafa Nadal will be exhausted because I’ve never seen Rafa Nadal exhausted. If I am a Spanish athlete, I would be so proud to have him as a flag bearer.'

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Toni Nadal: 'Medal in doubles was unthinkable'

http://www.tennisworldusa.org/news/...hinkable-rafa-to-play-cincinnati-and-us-open/

Rafael Nadal's uncle and coach Toni Nadal explained the former's withdrawal from mixed doubles and said, 'Rafa wanted to play, but the doctor's said that playing for six hours tomorrow wouldn't be the best for his wrist and his body. It's better to stop.'

toni-nadal-medal-in-doubles-was-unthinkable-.jpg

Toni said, 'Marc is Rafa's best friend on the Tour. It's awesome that they play together and already have won a medal. It was difficult to compete at a high level and this medal was quite unthinkable, hence so much satisfaction.'

Reactions: Tennis Fan

Tennis Fan

Major Winner
Reactions
Toni Nadal: 'Medal in doubles was unthinkable'

http://www.tennisworldusa.org/news/...hinkable-rafa-to-play-cincinnati-and-us-open/

Rafael Nadal's uncle and coach Toni Nadal explained the former's withdrawal from mixed doubles and said, 'Rafa wanted to play, but the doctor's said that playing for six hours tomorrow wouldn't be the best for his wrist and his body. It's better to stop.'

toni-nadal-medal-in-doubles-was-unthinkable-.jpg

Toni said, 'Marc is Rafa's best friend on the Tour. It's awesome that they play together and already have won a medal. It was difficult to compete at a high level and this medal was quite unthinkable, hence so much satisfaction.'

Thank goodness for the doctor!

Reactions: Carol

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
This is the interview after the match against Coric saying how he was physical feeling

http://www.asapsports.com/show_interview.php?id=122630

Rafa says the wrist hasn't got any worse...

Q. You were just saying about the soreness in the shoulder and upper arm. Was it also going down through the wrist?

RAFAEL NADAL: No. The wrist is still the same. I said too many times already, spoke too many times about the wrist. The wrist is still bothering me but is a process that I need to pass and a process that I need to go through.

I need to play to go through that process. With more rest the wrist will not go better. The wrist needs to adapt again to the game. Needs to adapt again to hit the ball.

The only negative thing is in one week I pass from not practicing almost anything and playing 23 hours in seven days. So that's the thing. The wrist is not worse of that so that's great news, but is not better.

Still bothers me, but I need to keep playing. Day by day I hope that things going to go better.