Nadalites – Rafa Nadal Talk

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa Nadal has just confirmed that he has withdrawn from IW, there were concerns after he suffered a contrature tightening in his back after arriving early in IW, Dadid Ferrer stated that when he was in Spanish commie for the exho in Las Vegas,I watched him in practice and he hardly did any serves, so quite frankly I am not surprised
Rafa stated that he is ' not ready to play". at a high level, after playing the exho in Las Vegas
Rafa said he will try for the clay................

Last edited:

PhiEaglesfan712

Masters Champion
Reactions
Rafa made the correct decision, although it took a bit too long to get him there. He should not play another match outside of clay. Rafa should play the spring clay court season, RG, Hamburg, and the Olympics, then call it a day.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa made the correct decision, although it took a bit too long to get him there. He should not play another match outside of clay. Rafa should play the spring clay court season, RG, Hamburg, and the Olympics, then call it a day.
Thiem is currently at the academy so it's should be a great opportunity for the the former top two players of the recent clay era..

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa had an MRI on his back after experiencing pain at IW, and the result showed no area of concern/damage going forward
Rafa is on the Monte Carlo entry list ( with his PR)

Sundaymorningguy

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I really hope Rafa is able to have a good clay season, and he is able to make one good final push in his retirement year.

Reactions: Moxie

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafael Nadal selling out Roland Garros like Taylor Swift did with the Eras Tour: https://www.sportskeeda.com/tennis/...cket-queue-roland-garros-2024-exceeds-700-000

Many of those fans that didn't get tickets will probably be lining outside the stadium like the Swifties did at Lincoln Financial Field.
Fans hoping to get tickets for RG in 2024 will only able to buy them using ans official application on their phones, French Tennis Federation said on Tuesday.
All fans attending must be equipped with a RG named app on their phones.There will be no more paper tickets.All bookings must be made online, no tickets will be sold at the stadium gates.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa Nadal has withdrawn from Monte Carlo
Rafa said in a long statement that ' my body simply won't allow it"
There had been rumors for a few days he would withdraw, his back is still a problem, reason he withdrew from Indian Wells

This this the full statement from Rafa,
"Hi all, these are very difficult moments for me, sporting wise.Unfortunately I have to tell you that I am not going to be playing Monte Carlo.My body simply wont allow me.
And even if I am working hard and making the maximum effort every day with all the will to play and compete again at tournaments that have been very important to me, the truth is that I cant play today.You have no idea how hard this is for me not to be able to play these events".

Rafa stats at the Monte Carlo Masters,
Matches played 79
Matches won 73
Win percentage 92.4%
Titles won 11

Last edited:

PhiEaglesfan712

Masters Champion
Reactions
Very disappointed, but it's time to accept that the end of Rafa's career is very near. I'm hoping for one more run. Maybe he will play Barcelona, Rome, French Open, Hamburg, and the Olympics.

• Haha
Reactions: Fiero425

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Very disappointed, but it's time to accept that the end of Rafa's career is very near. I'm hoping for one more run. Maybe he will play Barcelona, Rome, French Open, Hamburg, and the Olympics.
Rafa's playing schedule hasnt got Hamburg on it btw

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa back practicing today after his withdrawal from MC
Certainly Rafa wont return to compete unless he can do the serving motion properly without pain/discomfort, reason for his withdrawal from MC
Rafa did practice some serves today in his practice session

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa has arrived in Barcelona and practiced today on his name court
Rafa will practice tomorrow at 5pm again. The draw for Barcelona is on Saturday

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa practiced for 2 hours this morning with Sabastian Baez at the Real Club de Tennis Barcelona, ( his wife Mery and son were in the stands watching)

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa practicing with Foki in Barcelona today ( Friday)
Seeing the draw is on Saturday 13th, Rafa should make an announcement soon if he will play

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
ATP 500 Barcelona main draw ceremony will take place on Saturday April 13th at 1pm in the presence of Rafa Nadal