Nadalites – Rafa Nadal Talk

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
In a new interview today with television network La Sexta, Nadal expressed doubt he'll be ready to return for next week's Qatar Open.
"I've had some discomfort these past few weeks and I'm a bit on the limit. At this point, every blow I take, every injury, is a setback not only in tennis and physically but also mentally".
Nadal is confident of making his return at next month's IW tournament.
Edit,
Rafa has just posted on Twitter that he will not be able to play Qatar Open
Rafa has a exho match in Los Vegas with Alcaraz before IW starts

Last edited:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
In a new interview today with television network La Sexta, Nadal expressed doubt he'll be ready to return for next week's Qatar Open.
"I've had some discomfort these past few weeks and I'm a bit on the limit. At this point, every blow I take, every injury, is a setback not only in tennis and physically but also mentally".
Nadal is confident of making his return at next month's IW tournament.
Edit,
Rafa has just posted on Twitter that he will not be able to play Qatar Open
Rafa has a exho match in Los Vegas with Alcaraz before IW starts
This is not good to hear, but not exactly shocking. I know he loves to play IW, but maybe he should just come back rested and ready for the clay season.

Reactions: nehmeth

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
This is not good to hear, but not exactly shocking. I know he loves to play IW, but maybe he should just come back rested and ready for the clay season.
I agree, his main focus should be on the clay, though you know he loves IW and the owner Larry Ellison is a close friend.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I agree, his main focus should be on the clay, though you know he loves IW and the owner Larry Ellison is a close friend.
Well, then YOU please tell him he'll have plenty of time to visit Larry Ellison and go play golf out there when he retires. For now....eyes on the prize!

• Haha
Reactions: the AntiPusher

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Knowing that he is intent on playing in Indian Wells makes me 100% happy! In addition, more than likely this will be his last appearance at IW will be extra special! Also, IW this year will be packed due to both Nadal and Djokovic being there at the same time for the 1st time since 2019 (the last time the Big 4 were ALL in the event).

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Netflix announced today that the Nadal-Alcaraz match scheduled for March 3rd will be 12.30pm local time in Las Vegas, which is prime time in Europe ( 9.30pm in Spain)

PhiEaglesfan712

Masters Champion
Reactions
Rafa's main focus for 2024 is to play the French Open and the Olympics. He also says that surface changes are hardest on his body. If you read the tea leaves, Rafa isn't playing Miami or Wimbledon, and his last event will be the Olympics or the US Open, and he isn't playing Toronto or Cincinnati in between.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Well Rafa not ready to play tennis in Doha, he is playing in an amateur golf tournament this weekend " Campeonato De Baleares" maybe he is practicing before/ or if he plays IW with his good friend Larry Ellison, they are both keen golfers :)

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa who was playing in the amateur golf tournament at "Campeonato De Baleares' won the tournament! well done!, last year he was runner up.

Reactions: Moxie

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Just looking at the entry doubles list for IW, there are a couple of wild cards free into the doubles
Quite frankly I feel Rafa needs to play doubles at this tournament, needs match practice, then that could also work against him, in ways
I have resigned myself, in thinking Rafa is semi retired, his body just cant sustain any more injuries, I know he loves IW, a favorite tournament of his over the years, though I would prefer him to play on the clay, and at the Olympics if his body co-operates and then he can play golf and go fishing to his heart's content :)

Reactions: Moxie

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
BTW I have seen a photo of Rafa on a plane from Spain heading to the USA and guess who was on the same plane? Djokovic who came over to say hi to Rafa, this photo was on Twitter earlier today

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa Nadal and Carlos Alcaraz have arrived in Las Vegas for their exhibition match, The Netflix Slam. streamed live on Netflix Sunday March 3, at 12.30 PT.
The event will stream live as a dual broadcast for English and Spanish audicences

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
This is Rafa's draw for Indian Wells
Rafa's first match, Thursday March 7, evening session not before 6pm, his opponent will be Raonic
R2 Rune
R3 Shapavolov/Musetti/Van de Zandschulp
R4 Fritz/Baez/Fognini
QF Medvedev/Dimitrov/Korda/Ruud
SF Djokovic/Hurkacz/Ruud
F Sinner/Alcaraz/Rublev/Zverev

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
BTW Dominic Theim is practicing on clay at Rafa's academy, he was practicing with Toni Nadal's elder son the other day, Dom is not playing on HC instead he is playing challenger events before the clay season begins

• Love
Reactions: the AntiPusher

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa Nadal and Carlos Alcaraz have arrived in Las Vegas for their exhibition match, The Netflix Slam. streamed live on Netflix Sunday March 3, at 12.30 PT.
The event will stream live as a dual broadcast for English and Spanish audicences
Rafa had no business loosing to Alcaraz in a super tiebreaker in Vegas. Jajaja

I haven't seen the match yet but I read he played very well. Y'all know how I feel about the first swing of the American HC s on Rafa's body but it is what it is..

PhiEaglesfan712

Masters Champion
Reactions
It doesn't matter to me how far Rafa goes at Indian Wells, the most important thing is that he leaves IW healthy. This is most likely his last tournament before the clay court season.

Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa had no business loosing to Alcaraz in a super tiebreaker in Vegas. Jajaja

I haven't seen the match yet but I read he played very well. Y'all know how I feel about the first swing of the American HC s on Rafa's body but it is what it is..
As long as he leaves IW 'unscathed' I will be happy, I never wanted him playing there in the first place, though you know it is one of his favorite tournaments and he and Larry Ellison are great friends.
I was reading Rafa said he wanted to play MC, though it all depends on his body and how it responds, I know it was on your bucket list to see Rafa play at the most beautiful tournament in the world, I know if healthy he will play Barcelona, a tournament he feels is his club.